Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 PM

It would have worked for me, but after looking at my profile, reading my answers and checking out the personality graphs you'd have a fair idea that talking/joking to me about the science behind things was the way to go. I assume the profiles of those of you unamused by it would be different.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Very interesting. I'm also pretty un-gross-outable (great word!) but the mentioning of farts in a first message would not amuse me at all! Well like PorcupineTree said, that just goes to show that people respond and react differently, the recipient of the message seemed to take it pretty well
"If we were different people, we wouldn't be us."
(to quote myself from...somewhere around here)

I am constantly amazed (and amused ) at the variety of human perception. This* would be a pretty boring endeavor if everyone had the same responses to everything. (*"This" = polyamory, relationships, life in general...)

We are NOT interchangable. Ah, variety...

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Oh man, now I wish I hadn't deleted the novellesque tale of the tragic horseman I got in my inbox the other day. I did respond, to tell him it was the weirdest thing I'd ever been sent, but....definitely not interested.

(All his pictures were of a guy in one of those rubber horsemasks, and the profile says stuff like:

"I'm just a proud steed wandering this stable we call life. Someday I hope to jump that gate and find my place among the stars.

If you've ever watched Graze Anatomy, you'd also understand that I'm looking for my Mare-dith. Could you be that special somebody?"

and (you'll like this one):

"You should message me if
You want a man who values good humor over all and isn't afraid to mix it up for fun.

Or if you're a unicorn. Damn they are hot." )

I also got one recently that said "I don't usually message plus size girls on here but you seem cool."

.... I'm a size 0. I gave him SO MUCH CRAP for trying to neg me (and he responded with the "Game" script for handling a girl who's heard of the Game. It was absurd.)
Old 12-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Latest ones:

from ragingbull(numbers after that). Ew.

"Are you into short term casual sex"

nothing else. Next!

29 year old guy, cute pix, musician, profile says hes looking for women up to age 35 for "friends," but his Q&As indicate he has a high libido and is kinky. So, I guess he'll settle for a horny kinky 57 year old to get him off. Great.

next one:

"how are you today"

No caps, can't even lift a finger to add a question mark? He gets no response.

next one, no profile, no pix, no Q&As:

"I'm very interested in meeting... have been married for 30 plus years... no intimacy in the last 15 - 20.
Sex is still very important... if you're interested, I can provide more info.
Regards,

R___"

I responded just because I was pissed off:

"Please learn to read women's profiles and Q&As. I am not interested in cheaters."

I have been talking to one nice 30something guy about making jam and music and things though.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Last edited by Magdlyn; 12-16-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:30 PM

I had a message from a guy last night asking if I was interested in a sweet submissive to lap at my feet. He indicated he had a foot fetish in his opener. - deleted, not worth a response.

I've only had men viewing my OkCupid profile lately, even though I've got it set to only looking for females. My quiver matches have all been women who's profiles say they and their boyfriend are looking for someone to fool around with or their boyfriends are letting them date women.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM

This one's... something XD

"good lord, you are so effing gorgeous I can't even stand it haha I'm glad I moved to <state where I live> now"

And of course, now his profile's deleted. :P
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Oh my god, I just got this: "i love you". And nothing else! What a way to start a conversation..
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM

These are funny!

I just got this message: "Cool pic. What's going on pretty gir. I have a wild ? For ya if ya have a sec.. "
Ridiculous!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 AM

A couple of days ago, I got this message in my Inbox:

Hi! You are lovely! Do you like cilantro? I was wondering if you might be interested in text/chat exploration since we don't live too close? I am looking to try new things and push my boundaries. Let me know what you think! oxoxox
Do you have Kik?

Huh? WTF?

Then, tonight I just found this one, from a guy who is a 20% match:

want to have some fun together ?

Ben.

Ugh, no!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 12-19-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Out of sheer morbid curiosity I once sorted my matches by Enemy % and read the first half dozen or so profiles.

Eeeewwww!

Tags
communication, online dating