Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 PM

I got a message today from a 19 year old....*boggle*

I'm 42. There's not much on his profile to indicate any common interests. I really don't think I can do that kind of an age gap. Really. No.

The second message I got?
--------------
"I'm looking for some like-minded friends without playing games. You seem like a straightforward and interesting person. I'm not looking for a serious relationship but some that can have an oral discourse on more than one subject. I'm also a very creative person that has the flexibility to apply it to whatever I do. I have no interest in clothes or faction so women are very sunrise when I can give them advice on what to wear and such, from a guy and an, OMG, an engineer. I hate it when someone assumes because I am an engineer (architect really) that asthmatically-brain dead.

Well, enough about me. What about you.

Cheers,
"

---------------
My first thought was maybe I should submit it for him to Ihateautocorrect.com(instead of annalsofonlinedating.tumblr...or in addition to!)

I wondered whether he meant "oral discourse" the way it sounded. Personally I think people should be wary of the double entendre stuff. It often doesn't go over the way the writer thinks that it will.

"asthmatically-brain dead" What can I say?

No, I can't say that his message caused even a twinge of interest here.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:40 PM

OMG! Today, my wife got this message from a guy in Virginia. (We live in Flrodia)

Quote:
I like to have casual sex a lot too; would you be up for a threesome, you, me and another woman?
REALLY?Nothing in her profile says that she is looking for casual sex.

Her response:
Quote:
Where did u get that i am into casual sex? I am looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend not casual sex. Just cause I am in an open relationship doesn't mean I need more as far as sex goes.
I personally wouldn't have even given him more than the block button. But my wife is nicer and prettier than me. LOL
Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 AM

I got one that said "you seem fun" not really sure what that meant. we sent emails back and forth for a couple days but when she found out I was married (it says it n my profile, shouldn't have been a surprise) she spazzed and that was that. eh well.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
OMG! Today, my wife got this message from a guy in Virginia. (We live in Florida)
I live in Va. but it definitely wasn't me. If anyone is more than 50 miles from me, I normally don't send a message unless they sound really really really interesting. I don't wanna drive that far lol.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitapparent View Post
I got one that said "you seem fun" not really sure what that meant. we sent emails back and forth for a couple days but when she found out I was married (it says it n my profile, shouldn't have been a surprise) she spazzed and that was that. eh well.
This happens to me almost every time I get on that acts intertsted.....Either online....or in real life. As soon as they find out I'm married, they bail. Fuck em. If they can't handle it, tough I guess. They miss out on a decent guy who will do ANYTHING to make sure the women he loves, get what they need in their lives.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
The prize for most verbose, and wrong target audience goes to: "Goodmorning..
How are you doing..l must confess,your profile has really captured my attention and i will love to share in the joy of your smile,in fact i want to get to know you if you don't mind.Wow, I like your striking smile, could surely make an angel with broken wings go an extra mile. I miss being in love and after staying away from the love scene for long time due to reasons I will tell you later on as we get to know more about each other, I have finally decided to give love one last shot. You might be wondering why I am writing to you with distance between us. I am looking for my soul mate and I will look everywhere in the world for her. You have got the spark and smile and that's the first thing I look for. I will be glad if we get to know each other and become friends.You never know we could become the next success story on here as good couples.If you like,you can reach me by messenger or email. Please let me know if you wanted to talk and I will share my info with you.. .
I recognize this grammer and sticky sweet "too good to be true" bullshit. This is a scam artist. If you would follow up with him, you would find out that his wife died and he has a child which is ill and they are traveling away from home. After about 4 messages back and forth, he will ask you to send money. trust me......delete this loser.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 PM

Today's message at OKC from an old geezer in Indianapolis (I'm in NYC):
Quote:
You are BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Well, I'll give him points for enthusiasm.

Last week's messages at OKC...
This one from someone apparently losing his hair:
Quote:
Hey how is everything? would you give me some of your hair when I will get trans plant? because I lose my hair day by day lol ok ok do not worry, you do not have to give me hair but I would love to meet you for a drink with nice conversation face to face with watching stars on the sky

Horseless Prince Serkan
This from a guy responding to the caption under one of my pics where I say I love the satin shoes I'm wearing in it:
Quote:
Hello , I wasn't looking at the shoes mmmmmmm
Tony
From another guy responding to the same picture:
Quote:
Satin shoes? The demarcation from fishnet to skin is the real eye grabbing focus... For me that is.
Those were their entire messages to me. Nothing else. No attempt at conversation.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-23-2011, 05:27 PM

^ OK the hair one is a bit creepy!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM

OMG lol
Quote:
Hey how is everything? would you give me some of your hair when I will get trans plant? because I lose my hair day by day lol ok ok do not worry, you do not have to give me hair but I would love to meet you for a drink with nice conversation face to face with watching stars on the sky

Horseless Prince Serkan
That has got to be the winner right there. He better get a horse and ride on back into the desert.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Hahahaha, yeah, no one's gonna run to make a date with that one!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Tags
communication, online dating