Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 AM

Welcome back, Jane Q! Glad to hear that vacation was nice.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 06-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Spent the weekend talking with old high school acquaintances and listening to a friend going through the break up of her Triad. Why don't we teach GOOD communication skills and conflict management in school? We just do what we grew up seeing and can't comprehend how others can respond differently than, say our parents did. It took me until I was 40 to figure this out and am playing catch up to try and teach my kids some new skills before they wreak havoc on the rest of the world in a year or two.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Why don't we teach GOOD communication skills and conflict management in school? We just do what we grew up seeing and can't comprehend how others can respond differently than, say our parents did. It took me until I was 40 to figure this out and am playing catch up to try and teach my kids some new skills before they wreak havoc on the rest of the world in a year or two.
Hm, interesting that you mention communication as a subject. Was just discussing this bit with a fellow student and both of us mentioned how beneficial all those lessons are, we need to spend on communication, rules for debating a subject, possibilities to make a point in a discussion and so on in our Philosophy classes It's becoming a obligatory subject slowly around here and I definitely think it is necessary as well.

To not derail the purpose of the thread: I am doing fine, we just spend some hours discussion possible names for the future child and my men are nuts ... they want to name him (if it becomes a boy, we already have two names for girls) James Tiberius ... honestly, how geeky can fathers possibly be? I am afraid that they won't have a say in this matter if they keep at it like that

My Blog
Old 06-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
my men are nuts ... they want to name him (if it becomes a boy, we already have two names for girls) James Tiberius ... honestly, how geeky can fathers possibly be?
Pssst LMAO
Old 06-26-2012, 12:25 PM

Cindie, I am so glad about your new job opportunity. I hope it's enough to cover rent and utilities. Do you have food stamps?

Fingers crossed for much success and less worry!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
To not derail the purpose of the thread: I am doing fine, we just spend some hours discussion possible names for the future child and my men are nuts ... they want to name him (if it becomes a boy, we already have two names for girls) James Tiberius ... honestly, how geeky can fathers possibly be? I am afraid that they won't have a say in this matter if they keep at it like that
My dad's side of the family has about a million "John"s... First names, middle names, girl's middle names, they are everywhere. So.. I told Keith that if we ever have a son I want to name him "Obadiah Juan." I still get the John in there (albeit in a different language) but then we can call him Obi Juan! Cracks me up every time, and I actually really do like the name Obadiah/Obi.

I like James Tiberius as well... lol I'm gonna side with the men on this one.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
I like James Tiberius as well... lol I'm gonna side with the men on this one.
km 34, you wouldn't believe the unbelievable big smiles this just brought to their faces ... *sigh* But I don't want to name my child after such a character. It's not that I don't like the sound or the combination of the names or Star Trek as such but ... honestly, he is bound to become a nerd like that or an emperor or something along those lines

My Blog
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Doing pretty damn good right now. I have Wendigo sleeping at my feet, almost literally on my feet at the moment and Runic Wolf at the other end of the couch playing Skyrim. We just found out Runic Wolf got his 90 day raise and then some, so I have to find an approriate way to congratulate him. Looking forward to some gaming tonight with our friend who is coming over too. For the rest, check out my blog.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:10 AM

After the troll thread in Introductions, whoooo boy, am I grateful for my metamour. Not that I wasn't before, but that kind of hate makes a girl really appreciate people who don't pull that shit. Even at our worst, the three of us still own who we are and what we've done to get where we are. That's something to be proud of, I think.

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }
Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM

I dunno if I'm allowed to just jump right in here but since reading the past like 10 pages or so I feel like I know you all and that it's only fair if you get to know me too.
I am in a blah mood today. I feel like I should be in a great mood since my first week and a half of having my business open has gone better than I ever expected, plus my replacement Nook came today so I can finally get back to reading Game of Thrones, and I'm not necessarily in bad mood just kind of floating in the blahs. I really like the idea of poly and am interested in a mono guy that lives nearby but I still am like teetering on the fence and I think that is hat has me down. I'm glad hubs convinced me to join this site though, it has helped quelm some of my fears about everything!

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update