Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 AM

Had a fun time at the movies with Runic Wolf and Wendigo then came back to the house to talk about what we enjoyed. Wendigo is a very quiet movie watcher, he just leans back and takes it all in while Runic Wolf was whispering in my ear from time to time.

The rest of the night was not so great. Wendigo told me that he thinks we need to take a break, possibly a permanent break. He thinks he's being noble, taking a step back from our physical relationship because he thinks he's being unfair to Runic Wolf. Whether or not we'll be able to convince him otherwise remains to be seen, but for now I have to accept that our relationship is changing.

Right now I'm just sitting with my feelings. It hurts, but we're still best friends and taking the physical part of our relationship away won't change a whole lot. Still, it really sucks because it was completely out of the blue.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
The rest of the night was not so great. Wendigo told me that he thinks we need to take a break, possibly a permanent break. He thinks he's being noble, taking a step back from our physical relationship because he thinks he's being unfair to Runic Wolf. Whether or not we'll be able to convince him otherwise remains to be seen, but for now I have to accept that our relationship is changing.

Right now I'm just sitting with my feelings. It hurts, but we're still best friends and taking the physical part of our relationship away won't change a whole lot. Still, it really sucks because it was completely out of the blue.
Hugs!

That this was completely out of the blue, tells me that there may be more going on with him than what he was willing or able to verbalize.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM

Going in for a hysterectomy tomorrow. Oddly enough, I'm excited about getting it done and over with. I've had moments of sadness, but considering the damn thing tried to kill me last month (after my blood work came back, the ER staff was checking on me every 15 min or more), I'm ready to be rid of it.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:31 AM

I understand the reasoning behind it and know what prompted it, but would rather not get into details on this thread.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 AM

And I'm off on the road again. I get to spend all next week in Ottawa. We'll see if there's any poly's there that are game for random coffee or something...I think the timing is off for the organized events.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 AM

Lonely tonight. Even though my house is full of children, I'm lonely and sad. Looking forward to meeting LovingRadiance in person tomorrow and hopefully hearing my hubby's voice for the first time in months...

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 05-13-2012, 04:49 PM

Doing pretty good actually, if a bit sunburned from the day battle yesterday. Spent Friday and Saturday with my guys. We had a few drinks to relax and played video games on Friday night, then yesterday me up with the rest of our unit for a day battle.

Today is going good was well. Wendigo and I had spent a few weeks searching the internet for the perfect birthday present for Runic Wolf. We finally found it a couple months ago; a Thor's hammer pendant with our unit insignia (the iron cross) stamped into it. I've been waiting impatiently to give it to him and today I finally did. Wendigo and I are both very pleased with ourselves that he likes it.

Tonight we're celebrating mother's day and Runic Wolf's birthday with pizza and cake at his mom's house and possibly renting a movie.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM

Wishing we were fully poly right now, as I'm out of commission sex wise for about 6 weeks(not to mention the prior 4 weeks of feeling crappy) I'm feeling sorry for my husband. I guess I'm going to have to learn some new techniques . It was husband's BFF that sat with me in the hospital for 2 days and with my husband during the procedure. Due to complications, a 4 hour wait turned into 10.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM

SN ....How are you feeling? are you doing ok now??? Is that the normal recovery time?

Sourgirl has always said never underestimate the power of a sloppy blow job
I pretty sure she knows what she talking about.....

Take care of yourself D
Old 05-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
SN ....How are you feeling? are you doing ok now??? Is that the normal recovery time?
I'm doing OK, patience is not my strong suit. I over did it yesterday and paid for it last night, not going to do that again. While I think the 6 week time frame is overly cautious, I'm not going to argue or question. It seems to be a standard recovery time.

Quote:
Sourgirl has always said never underestimate the power of a sloppy blow job
Yeah, I've just gotten complacent over the years and need to get way more creative. I think I've been "resting" too much, although it may do wonders for my sex life down the road.

Last edited by SNeacail; 05-14-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update