Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Feeling pretty good today; it is Wendigo's birthday so I stayed up late chatting with him on Skype just so I could wish him a happy birthday. We are getting together Thursday and having tacos and coffee and I am really looking forward to the new game we will be starting that evening. The best thing about our Thursday night gaming group is that everyone knows about our relationship, so I don't have to hide anything.
It's such a liberating feeling to not have to hide, isn't it?

As an update...my bf has told his mother about our relationship. She does not approve, at all. I probably won't meet her now.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 PM

Yeah, it does. There are so many valid reasons to hide, but sometimes it is hard. But the friends we will be gaming with have known for over a year.... Actually, I declined the chance to take my friendship with Purple to the next level because Wendigo and I fell for each other; 2 1/2 years later and I am happy I made the decision I did.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM

Default Let's see...

...how'm I doing today? Hmmm. Well, this morning I concluded that my life just pretty much sucks right now. That's it. Whee!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 PM

Today is my dad's birthday; he would have been fourty nine today. He died a couple of days after his 40th. Some years his birthday and the anniversary of his death come and go without notice. This is not one of those years.
In addition to that, I decided I was tired of my feelings for Madscientist driving me crazy, so I told him. I did not tell him in the hopes of something coming from it, I honestly don't know if that's what I would want, but I was just tired of it hanging over my head. I told him I didn't want to hang out for awhile so I could try and deal with the feelings.
After that we sat around talking about our very different forms of communication and how he didn't agree with societal conventions but was having trouble working around them. Like most of the conversations between the two of us it was enjoyable and confusing at the same time. So I feel relieved that it's off my chest but I don't know.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 AM

I have to go downtown and report for jury duty today. They have wi-fi at the courthouse and we're allowed to bring our laptops, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM

After a bit of thinking and reading marksbabygirl's thread "Love you but," I've come to the conclusion that lust is not the main thing driving my feelings for Madscientist. I am not denying that is a part, but it is a very small part. He is lonely and hurting, it shows and I would love nothing more than to make him feel better.
He is funny and brilliant; I enjoy spending time with him and would love to spend more time with him. I would love to be closer to him but if that's not a possibility, I don't want to be jealous/hate someone who does make him happy.
I want/need to be able to accept things as they are.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 AM

Today... pretty freaking good.

In love with a couple someones... one of whom I'm married to.

Have a date with a cute girl (if you're friends on Fetlife or wanna search me on Fetlife, she's the "cute girl" in the pictures) tomorrow night

Life is good I'm excited.

OH! And its my birthday on Monday so my best friend is making dinner for us, we're going to watch a movie and then leave... without my kids night without kids on my b'day weekend... woot!!

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 01-17-2012, 02:16 AM

I'm doing great today, our girlfriend is coming up on wednesday, pity she can only stay till thursday, but we take what we get
Old 01-17-2012, 06:07 PM

....not sure. Had a talk with my mom about my boyfriend. She asked some very provocative questions.
Is what you're getting out of this worth the cost?
Are you attached to this person? Where do you see your relationship in 1, 3, 5 years? Does this relationship have room to grow?
Will this negatively effect your career if it comes out?
Will (your husband, whom she loves like a son) be okay with sharing you if this person is in your life that long?
Then she started referring to my boyfriend as my mistress, which was odd.

She said she wants me to be happy, and will love me no matter what. She says she is okay with meeting my bf, but doesn't really want him at the house because my younger siblings wouldn't understand, which I get.

Overall, I just felt really depressed when I got home. My husband helped, but the sentiment is still "I made my bed, I'll lie in it"
Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 PM

Other than being annoyed at Yoda's constant arguing. Yesterday was workshop day; I made alot of progress with getting the lining of my dress and the underskirt cut out, but I missed a step on the underskirt assembly, so I am going to have to take the whole thing apart. Still, progress is progress. I got a 60 gal tote full of free fabric over the weekend, so Wendigo and I spent some time sorting it while Runic Wolf tried to get inspired to work on some leather.

One member of our gaming group is taking a break until he gets a new car, so Runic Wolf, Wendigo, and our 4th member of our gaming group hung out last night and played Rock Band 3. It was fun and some achievements were unlocked. I even got some alone time with Wendigo.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update