Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 05:33 AM

After a rather irritating conversation with Mad Scientist, I feel like crap. We constantly banter and bicker back and forth and this time it hit a nerve or two. Everyone is so used to me hanging out with guys but I get so tired of being seen as one of the boys. It sometimes feels like I have to be one of the boys or nothing.
He called and apologized, very considerate but now I just feel sad rather than mad. I got some things off my chest about his unusual behavior and said that I was upset about more than our miscommunication. It was a mature, adult conversation and I really wished I felt better for having it, but I don't.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:09 PM

I went to a Christmas party with my boyfriend and had a wonderful time. It was nice to be in a social situation as a couple with him. Usually, I feel guarded with him if we're in a remotely public place, because there is always the chance that I will have to explain myself if the wrong person should see us (work, family). It was just really, really relaxing and nice. I love my boyfriend's friends, and I'm really thankful that my husband allows me to have this.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 AM

Doing okay, I guess. Got an interesting phone call today asking if I was still interested in a part time job I applied for. Got some more details on the position; which is 2 full days a week at $15 an hour. Ofcourse, I'm still interested. So I'm hoping that I will get called for an interview after the holidays.

On the flip side, I'm really worried about the loves of my life. Runic Wolf is being run through the wringer at work; extremely early mornings; long days; and seemingly endless retail hell. He's grouchy even when he tries not to be and it's wearing on me and Yoda. Wendigo's computer was hit with a major virus, so our ability to keep in touch is limited to when he has access to their son's back up computer. I can only hope that he didn't walk into a battle field after I dropped him off last night and that Pretty Lady's antibiotics are starting to kick in.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 AM

I am starting to wonder where my holiday spirit is. Right now it feels like I'm queen of my own little pity party. I've been very productive,all of the holiday shopping, baking and crafts are done, but I still can't seem to shake my mopey mood.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Feeling odd, as I do most holidays. I look at Facebook and see most of my friends talking about spending time with friends and family today while I get ready to pull a seven hour shift at retail. I'll admit, I'm not a big one for Christmas (I personally prefer Yule), but it's important to those around me so it's important to me.

Other then that, resisting the urge to tell someone in a terrible situation "I told you so" as it won't help and will only add more to the already heaping pile of steaming drama turds. I think part of that urge is me feeling neglected, as petty as that is, by someone in the middle of that pile of crap. Once it gets sorted out I'm sure things will get better.

Looking forward to spending tomorrow with my family. Yoda is all excited, and my mother is spending the night tonight. With no one besides her left at her house, it's going to seem way to empty, so we invited her over. The holidays are a terrible time to be reminded of those we've lost to death.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 AM

Confused, sad, anxious.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:44 PM

My husband is back from his holiday travels and he made sure to let me know how much he missed me. I felt so loved in that moment...
In other news, my boyfriend called me early this morning to let me know that he is now an uncle! I'm not a "baby person", but I'm happy that he's happy.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:34 PM

impressed and feeling accomplished.

I managed to get two exchanges done in record time this morning, stopped and bought something at a video game store, got my coffee, did the banking and was back home in under an hour!

Glad I got it done when I did though as it's snowing now which means slush and slippery roads
Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM

We had a fantastic Christmas. Thanks almost entirely to my loving husband. I think I fall in love with that man at least 3 times a year.
I was feeling quite homesick this month, ( I live on the other side of the country now. This is my 3rd Christmas away from them.) and missing my family beforehand. He helped me figure out my 'bah-humbug', and just let me feel it.
By the time Christmas Eve rolled around, we had figured out a win-win-win scenario for all the holiday festivities.

Everything went great. Tons of love, laughter, gifts, and food was shared.

Kids happy. Family happy. Animals happy.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 AM

I managed to lift my mood enough to enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas day with the family; it was nice and the kids really enjoyed themselves. On the other hand, my mood seems to have slipped back into crap. This time of year is always a little difficult but this year everything just compounded. And with the anniversary of my dad's death coming up, I don't expect to feel better anytime soon. Gamerboy and I hung out with friends last night, (MadScientist and another friend), and I thought I could handle it but after they left my heart ached. It's not that I still upset with him, I think its just become too much. Knowing that I have feelings for him that may never go anywhere.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update