Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 03:23 PM

I`m doing fine, thanks for asking.

The bigger question I have on my mind though, is how did the dildo hold up ?

I was watching a show last night, where the guys on it found a potato-shooter. ( spud gun)

Had me thinking; ' Shooting dildos would work better.'

....which led my thoughts back to the dildo plumbing.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Feeling pretty fucking stupid right now.

Van wouldn't start. My pretty, brand new van that I just borrowed an obscene (to me) amount of money to buy. Because I had to borrow said money, there's no money to fix my pretty new van with.

Sent my commuter lady off to work with some money (I keep spare gas money in my van, just in case) so she could get to work.

Hubby then investigated.

Apparently I have a chipped key. And the extra keys I had made are fairly useless. My van won't run if the chipped key is not used. YAY for security!!

However, buying a new key is "not a priority right now" and that leaves me feeling less than ok because I lose my keys with alarming frequency. And it gets commented on with alarming frequency. So I'm feeling stupid right now, because not only did I NOT know my van rocked with an anti-theft device, I now have the only key that will make my van run on MY key ring - and I lose that frequently.

So yah. A free day off. NO kids. And hubby and I are snarking at each other already. Yay fun.

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 09-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
Apparently I have a chipped key. And the extra keys I had made are fairly useless. My van won't run if the chipped key is not used. YAY for security!!
Most cars nowadays have those special "chipped keys"... I would HIGHLY suggest getting one extra made ASAP. Call around to different dealerships as the price for "programing" can vary significantly. It is my understanding that once you have 2 programed keys, you can program any extras yourself (takes like 10 seconds - for which the dealer will charge $150), the key itself is fairly inexpensive. I'm in the same spot, where we lost our second key and haven't had the money to get it replaced. Remotes are super simple to program and ebay is a good place to get those.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Most cars nowadays have those special "chipped keys"... I would HIGHLY suggest getting one extra made ASAP. Call around to different dealerships as the price for "programing" can vary significantly. It is my understanding that once you have 2 programed keys, you can program any extras yourself (takes like 10 seconds - for which the dealer will charge $150), the key itself is fairly inexpensive.
My wife's car is like that. Once we get the engine harness replaced, and we can afford the $150 for the second key, we're planning on making a few spares ourselves. Check your owner's manual for directions on how to do it.

As for how I'm doing? Tired. Found out that the work big wigs are coming to our location a day early, so I had to squeeze 6+ hours of work into my 4 hour shift. Good news is, though, I kicked ass and took names, and hopefully will get some recognition for the store looking nice and neat. Downside is that I kicked so much butt, and that we're over on hours, so I have an unplanned day off tomorrow. I could use the hours, but that'll let me enjoy tonight fully.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
My wife's car is like that. Once we get the engine harness replaced, and we can afford the $150 for the second key, we're planning on making a few spares ourselves. Check your owner's manual for directions on how to do it.

As for how I'm doing? Tired. Found out that the work big wigs are coming to our location a day early, so I had to squeeze 6+ hours of work into my 4 hour shift. Good news is, though, I kicked ass and took names, and hopefully will get some recognition for the store looking nice and neat. Downside is that I kicked so much butt, and that we're over on hours, so I have an unplanned day off tomorrow. I could use the hours, but that'll let me enjoy tonight fully.

I'm sorry that your hours got cut, but not sorry that we got to enjoy tonight. The first few days back to work with all 8 kids AND physical therapy kicked my butt this week. I promise to lavish you with attention this weekend.... I love showing off my sexy husband at weddings and family gatherings. You're a great catch.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 PM

Busy busy with instructing a course at work. Things are going pretty well despite the disruption the flood has caused. All things are moving along

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Numb; just got fillings and can't feel half my face.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Feeling super fat today. Ugh.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM

Feeling sick today.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Today is an awesome day... beautiful sunshine out, have new fabric to make jammies with and its in the washer for pre-shrinking... going to pick blackberries, go to the library and hang out with my oldest kid for a bit before he heads home.

Nothing exciting on the poly side of life right now. I'm starting to wonder if I'm more monogamous. Had a chance to fulfill a fantasy and turned it down... it didn't feel "right" so I didn't go there.

I wanted to though. *sigh*

Apparently I'm learning to listen to my intuition....

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update