Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Feel good that I got some things done this week, but there is still so much more to do. I am trying to get some emergency financial assistance through my school. Hopefully, the person I met with in the Financial Aid office is as on the ball as she wants me to believe. The college I attend is notorious for red tape and incompetency.

Had a phone interview for a job and am waiting back to hear if they want me to come in for a more formal interview in person. Fingers crossed!
Good luck! I miss having financial aid to help out when things got tight or having Runic Wolf's GI Bill. My car would so be fixed right now, but I don't miss the debt I've racked up in school.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Feel good that I got some things done this week, but there is still so much more to do. I am trying to get some emergency financial assistance through my school. Hopefully, the person I met with in the Financial Aid office is as on the ball as she wants me to believe. The college I attend is notorious for red tape and incompetency.

Had a phone interview for a job and am waiting back to hear if they want me to come in for a more formal interview in person. Fingers crossed!
Cindie, I wondered where you'd been lately. Good luck with school stuff and job stuff!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Cindie, I wondered where you'd been lately. Good luck with school stuff and job stuff!
Thanks! I just received an email from my school confirming that they are giving me a grant for emergency assistance. It's nowhere near what I asked for, but it will help for sure!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 PM

Stressed, horny, and frustrated.

Found out that it could be 60 days before I'm cleared to go back to full duty at work. Having my entire career and future in the hands of CPS is terrifying. I was at their mercy for 9 years of my childhood (when I was 3-12) and now I'm the accused. :-(

Runic Wolf and I are complete opposites on how we deal with stress; he loses his desire for sex, while sex helps me de-stress. Wendigo had thought he would be able to come over tonight, then his sister-in-law started major dramaz in their shared house with her kids last night. Now he isn't sure if he'll be able to come over afterall.
I had hoped to have some sexy time with Runic Wolf before our son came home from camp today and before pouncing Wendigo, but he's wasn't in the mood. Though he gave me plenty of kisses and cuddles. I just wish I could spend the night with both my guys again. Sex or no sex, just being with both of them with my head and feet in their laps while they talk is very relaxing and I need that so very badly.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Physically doing good mentally not to tight. got some possible bad news on my father who had to go in the hospital yesterday. Just hoping for the best right now but most likely will not know till Monday. Heart problems
Old 08-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I just received an email from my school confirming that they are giving me a grant for emergency assistance. It's nowhere near what I asked for, but it will help for sure!
Awesome! Hope it gives you breathing room a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Stressed, horny, and frustrated.

Found out that it could be 60 days before I'm cleared to go back to full duty at work. Having my entire career and future in the hands of CPS is terrifying. I was at their mercy for 9 years of my childhood (when I was 3-12) and now I'm the accused. :-(
It's horrible when that happens. CPS being overzealous when there's nothing really wrong, and otoh, being lax when there really is something wrong, I've heard both sides. I hope it gets cleared up asap!

Quote:
Runic Wolf and I are complete opposites on how we deal with stress; he loses his desire for sex, while sex helps me de-stress.
Argh, I hear ya, sister. My gf and I have that same disconnect. Guess which of us is the horny one? It sucks.

Quote:
I had hoped to have some sexy time with Runic Wolf before our son came home from camp today

Isn't that why they INVENTED camp???

Quote:
and before pouncing Wendigo, but he's wasn't in the mood. Though he gave me plenty of kisses and cuddles. I just wish I could spend the night with both my guys again. Sex or no sex, just being with both of them with my head and feet in their laps while they talk is very relaxing and I need that so very badly.
Poor dear. *hugs*
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 PM

*hugs Mags* Thanks! Runic Wolf and I chatted last night and eventually, I got some stress relief (though in hind sight I should have turned off the pan I was cooking my dinner in first). Wendigo didn't make it over last night, but agreed that tonight looked better. I'm waiting to hear from him on it though.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
. . . I got some stress relief (though in hind sight I should have turned off the pan I was cooking my dinner in first).
LOL! Classic sitcom material!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 PM

I'm off work in 1/2 hour. Stuck in Whistler with no car so I'm taking a cab to the bus. Yay me

Ah well, my car is in the city - bringing me home some derby *schtuff*

Hoping to hang out with friends tonight, its my anniversary (12 years!!) tomorrow, we're planning dinner & to see Barenaked Ladies

Happy happy day

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 08-21-2011, 06:15 AM

Tired; jelly legged; and sore in a good way. Just got back from taking Wendigo home; now headed upstairs to cuddle Runic Wolf.

Tonight was very good; lots of snuggles, video games, rock band 3, and sexy time (hence the jelly legs).

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update