Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I'm sorry to hear that nycindie. *hugs* . . . Hopefully things will go better for you.... wasn't the divorce his idea anyway?
Yes, he is the one who wanted the divorce, but we've been wrangling over support. He's resented my asking for it, but there is now something else he's pissed off about, apparently, and his lawyer hinted at some legal action he wants to take against me.

I've already applied for food stamps and may need more assistance. Plus I just decided that the only way I can keep my teensy 1-BR apartment is to get a roommate -- which means I will have to rent out my BR and sell my LR furniture to turn that room into my BR. And that will severely hamper my love life, for sure. I really don't want a roommate at my age, but there are no jobs and I have no money!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-06-2011, 02:37 PM

Pretty damn good, even if it is still Too Hot here in Blighty.

Chatting with B... as much as I lament the fact I may now never be able to tell her how I feel (cause obviously I can't assume she's anything other than mono) it would have been stupid to stop being as good a friend as I had been just so I could wallow in self-pity (and, you know, been there... wanna try something different now). Chatting is good, though less warm and fuzzy than it used to be. But I've only got myself to blame so chin up and time to move on.

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Meh.

Just found out that BrigidsDaughter's car is going to cost 1K more then we thought because the engine cradle is half rusted out. We don't have that kind of money and won't for a few months, so it looks like we're down to one car and a whole lotta stress again until this issue gets fixed. Just when it looked like we where going to be in the clear, this happens.

Excuse me while I go do something that's good for the mind and soul.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:55 AM

Sad....I want my car back. I miss having something that is just mine. It seems like the universe doesn't want me to have my own car. Everytime I get one something goes wrong. Only thing is, now we really need to have two cars. We live too far away from public transportation and we're coming up on Runic Wolf's increased hours due to Christmas season.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 AM

Busy Busy! What full weekend I've been heavily distracted by the Poly calendar portal site which is now up and growing!

Redpepper and I had a great Weekend starting on Friday and I got lots of time with LB and some time with Derby's kids too

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 AM

Had a very pleasant night last night leading to a great morning and afternoon today, before I was overcome with feeling blue.

Totally rejuvenated by a chat with Catfish. Thank you, friend!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 04-30-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Busy Busy! What full weekend I've been heavily distracted by the Poly calendar portal site which is now up and growing!

Redpepper and I had a great Weekend starting on Friday and I got lots of time with LB and some time with Derby's kids too
Thank you for hanging out with them while I meditated it helped with the being able to focus.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Thank you for hanging out with them while I meditated it helped with the being able to focus.
I had a fun time actually. Isort of gave me a sense of how supportive our "tribe" can be. I think all the kids involved are going to grow up with a much broader idea of family. I wonder what they will think when they are our age

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I had a fun time actually. Isort of gave me a sense of how supportive our "tribe" can be. I think all the kids involved are going to grow up with a much broader idea of family. I wonder what they will think when they are our age
I hope that they think that it's perfectly ok to chose who you consider to be family. And on top of that I hope that they are able to spread that idea to others.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 AM

Doing fab, despite having stomach flu.

Hard to explain but I am just in a really great headspace. Spent the last few weeks trying to figure out a missing puzzle-piece of myself,..and,..of course, when one isn`t looking, one is rewarded.
I know what I am, what I want, and where I want to be in various areas of life, in the current and near future.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update