Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 AM

Worried. My mother is having a biopsy soon.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:56 AM

Am doing well. Spent the afternoon with old friends and felt appreciated, loved and missed.

Am worried about hubs, texted a couple of times and he sounds sad, which he NEVER is, usually he's the one telling ME not to be sad that it will be soon and we will be together. I am worried about his stress levels right now. Nothing I can do but be here for him and remind him I love him. Hopefully next week will be better for him.

Sending healing vibes out to all of those who are having hard times and issues right now...
Old 07-31-2011, 05:25 AM
Custodian

Here is some footage from the Fire Cam in the Alley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyhJNV4QuI4
Old 07-31-2011, 03:06 PM

Trying to put a finger on what I'm feeling today. Yesterday a friend asked me to get ahold of Wendigo and Pretty Lady to find out if they are coming to her wedding in Sept. as I am the only one who seems to be able to contact them outside of Facebook these days. Normally this would be no big deal, but I haven't heard a peep out of either of them since last Saturday. Wendigo has been working on a particularly difficult animation project (he's doing it entirely by computer and this is a newish medium for him) and Pretty Lady is extremely busy between her editing job and the book she was just contracted to write. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but for some reason I'm finding myself annoyed that I'm not getting a response to my messages. Maybe it is that our friends who are getting married are obsessed with knowing right now, who is or isn't coming and I don't get that at all - we had a small wedding and if people could make it, they did; if they couldn't, no big deal. Anyways, I'm getting a bit annoyed with myself about it. I like to help my friends out, but then I am the one stressing about disappointing them. Anyways, I'm excited for our kiddo to be going to camp today, but nervous that it will be another week of early nights - I hate that I've been falling asleep before 10 when I usually stay up until 12-1am. And having a whole week with Runic Wolf to myself after work, I will want to stay up and enjoy it.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:17 PM

I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 AM

Good weekend. Having lazy day. Ditched yoga today my body needed a day off! Tomorrow is skype date night with hubs and about 18ish days until he gets home. ;-)
Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 AM

Mental explosion guided my Mohegan. Grateful for my wife trying to help me. Still feel like shit. Still don't have answers.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Frustrated today. My car isn't fixed yet, infact it isn't even to the point where we can determine what needs to be fixed first so we know what we can afford to fix. Drama at work has me feeling unsupported and just plain fed up. I finally got to talk to Wendigo tonight. He's feeling swamped, working on 4-5 drawing projects plus the animation project. He still hasn't responded about whether or not he'll be coming over this week, but I'm not counting on it. And yet, I don't know how to not be disappointed when things don't work out.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I don't know how to not be disappointed when things don't work out.
No two things can occupy the same space at the same time. So, if you're disappointed, you can't force yourself to be un-disappointed. Let yourself feel it and it will dissipate of its own accord. Try to stuff it down and it will grow stronger. Just allowing yourself to be who and what you are, even if it's not the most pleasantest of feelings -- well, that's freedom.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 AM

Got so much done today. Accomplished but very very sleepy.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update