Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Happy Canada Day! Today we're off to kick off the begining of pride week with the drag ball game and then to a friend's house for a bar b q. Tomorrow I'm getting my derby on and then to RP's house...all in all this is shaping up to be a pretty spectacular weekend.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Happy Canada Day! Today we're off to kick off the begining of pride week with the drag ball game and then to a friend's house for a bar b q. Tomorrow I'm getting my derby on and then to RP's house...all in all this is shaping up to be a pretty spectacular weekend.
happy canada day
Old 07-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Feeling frustrated today. Too many things went wrong; faxes wouldn't send; the office closed early, but I got out late; Runic Wolf couldn't get his car inspected so now he can't drive it; they pushed up the deadline for end of the month reports for my second job to before 4 today (just finished them) instead of the 3rd; they didn't pay Runic Wolf for his vacation time for Rag; and the list goes on. So instead of me getting to do what I needed/ wanted to do after work, Runic Wolf is running most of his and my errands. When he gets home, we're going out to dinner because I am tired of being couped up inside. In the meantime, I am trying to find out when Wendigo wants to come over this weekend which isn't going to be easy since he's working on an animation project and I don't want to interrupt.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
Three days of air travel? Where the heck are you from and where are you now? That's a LOT of flying!

Course, I wouldn't mind it if the flight attendant were cute as all get out, either, and they had lots of coca-cola and snackies, lmao!
I'm currently in the middle east, heading back to the east coast. C-130's don't fly very fast.....I have to bring my own snacks and normally the flight attendants aren't very cute, at least not for me .
Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitapparent View Post
I'm currently in the middle east, heading back to the east coast. C-130's don't fly very fast.....I have to bring my own snacks and normally the flight attendants aren't very cute, at least not for me .
I suppose that if I had read your profile I would have learned a thing or two, lol.

I can handle bringing my own snackies and I know NOTHING about aircraft so, unfortunately, telling me C-130 means nothing, lol. Is it a personal plane? Cargo plane? One the military uses to transport troops and personnel?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:02 PM

C-130 is a ginormous cargo plane, I believe that all four branches use them to transport.... well, damn near anything, really. You can fit tanks into them, seriously.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
C-130 is a ginormous cargo plane, I believe that all four branches use them to transport.... well, damn near anything, really. You can fit tanks into them, seriously.
Cool! Thanx!

I just know that when I fly it's a pain in the butt to go through customs! lmao
Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 PM

C-130's are more for transporting troops and cargo. they can fit a tank or 2 in them but the C-5 is the ginormous one. they hold helicopters.

customs is always a pain. if you think it's bad trying to fly within the states, it's even worse trying to fly into the states.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitapparent View Post
C-130's are more for transporting troops and cargo. they can fit a tank or 2 in them but the C-5 is the ginormous one. they hold helicopters.

customs is always a pain. if you think it's bad trying to fly within the states, it's even worse trying to fly into the states.
I live in Canada so I HAVE tried flying into the States! lol

It's easier to fly almost any where else in the world!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I live in Canada so I HAVE tried flying into the States! lol

It's easier to fly almost any where else in the world!
gotcha. on a trip like this, we usually luck out. customs comes to us. they inspect our stuff at work, then we get on the plane and go. when we stay overnight somewhere, whatever stays on the plane doesn't have to be reinspected, so we all carry a 3 day pack for the hotels and such. it's still a pain depending on what countries we stop in.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update