Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-04-2014, 08:33 PM

Thank you, Mags. I've actually been chatting with Wendigo a little today, which makes me feel better - even if it is about video games and LARP. I sent him an e-mail letting him know that I'll always love him and nothing can change that, but I understand where he's coming from and if he needs to end things before their relationship gets anymore toxic (they've been friends for almost a decade and are co-workers) than I won't fight him. I told him he's worth fighting for and I'd go to bat for him and our relationship again if I thought it would help, but I won't hurt him by asking him to stay just because I need him. Most of the time I'm not mad at Runic Wolf. He's my husband and I love him. I never felt torn between them before. I have always refused to choose. Not sure how to handle them choosing for me some days.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:14 AM

A good friend of mine has cancer and needs to have a mastectomy. There is no other way. Chemo is not an option because it is in the calcifications in over half of her breast, so there is no one single tumor to zap with chemo. During a mammogram, they also discovered an aneurism on her aorta, which is the same thing that killed John Ritter. So, they were going to schedule cardiac surgery first, and then the mastectomy afterward.

After a more detailed MRI, they saw that the aorta is not as enlarged as they thought at first, so the cardiac surgery can wait a few more years. Now she feels like a ticking time bomb! Anyway, they just scheduled her mastectomy and she asked me to pick her up from the hospital and take her home, but it is on a day I'm scheduled to work. My boss graciously switched shifts with me, so I could help my friend who has been there for me in some really rough times. Really grateful that I could tell her I will be there for her, but I don't like thinking about what she has on her plate right now.

Then my husband asked me for a pretty big favor and I complied. I really didn't see why I shouldn't have helped him out, but I hope he appreciates it. Our court date for the last bit of paperwork on the divorce got moved to the end of May. So,there's a lot going on, but all in all, I've been in a pretty good frame of mind.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 PM

Met an interesting man last night. We talked a lot and smooched a little. Great kisser! I gave him my phone number, so I hope he calls me.

Feeling good today.

EDITED TO ADD:
He called! He called! He called! We're going to get together sometime next week (we'll solidify plans after the weekend). Yay!

Last edited by nycindie; 06-04-2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 PM

NYCIndie: 1) Hope your friend is doing okay with her surgery, 2) yay! on the new guy, and 3) maybe you'll have something to blog about again soon???
Old 06-05-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
NYCIndie: 1) Hope your friend is doing okay with her surgery, 2) yay! on the new guy
Friend is recovering nicely - thanks for asking! And new guy intrigues me, so yes, it is a "yay!" I usually try to temper my excitement about a date and keep my expectations low, so as not to be disappointed, especially if it's someone I only met online - but I met this man IRL and we had a good time conversing, flirting, and kissing. I really liked that he kept acknowledging my intelligence while also expressing a physical attraction to me. I have a feeling that getting together with him will be fun.

Last edited by nycindie; 06-05-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:53 AM

Default Guys of a certain age

I feel like I am the only person who updates on this thread sometimes, but I hafta just write a little bit o' praise for men of a certain age. The last guy I wrote about, and a guy I met tonight, are both probably in their late 50s/early 60s, and totally have their mojos working in high gear. This is good news to me, a woman in my mid-50s, as it gives me and my libido hope!

Things I like about mature men:
  • they know when a woman wants to be kissed and don't wait to be asked;
  • they don't waste time making small talk out of nervousness;
  • they pick up the check without hesitation, offer their arm to walk you home, and see you to the door; and
  • they have interesting life stories to tell.
Yeah, I won't say anything further until I come up with some aliases, but life has been interesting lately.

Last edited by nycindie; 06-11-2014 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I feel like I am the only person who updates on this thread sometimes...I won't say anything further until I come up with some aliases, but life has been interesting lately.
Keep updating...I skip over this thread sometimes because it seems rather self-satisfied to keep saying, "Yup, life is still awesome. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."

I love my boys, the girl(s) in our lives are awesome. Stuff happens, we talk about it...stuff works itself out.

Dude wants to plant a garden and move the mailbox...which will probably happen some day. Work is stressful...no shock there.

I gave myself a flat tire today...the boys were ready to come and "rescue" me...but a random stranger beat them to it. (...Thank you random nice guy with a jack!)

Poly or no, life just happens...

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 06-12-2014, 06:37 PM

Hey NYCI - it's good to hear how things are going in your life. Sounds very promising and I agree with you. I know loads of men in their 60s who are very fit, healthy and sexy.

I often forget about this part of the forum.

Things in my life are mixed. From a romance point of view, things are good. My partner loves me tons and shows me it every chance he gets. I am gradually coming to terms with being in a romantic relationship and things are positive there.

My dog, C is an absolute joy in my life.

Work is busy and interesting.

I'm getting plenty of time with my friends and family.

That aside, this year has been stressful. My partner is having some work related stress that is very upsetting for him. I am dealing with the aftermath of the death of my beloved old dog. He died over a year ago in traumatic circumstances. It was traumatic because the emergency vet I took him to handled the case so badly.

Then continued into this year to harass me for money. They have stopped that at least but I am now embroiled in an official complaint with the vet's governing body. It is horribly stressful and I just want it to be over with so that I can recover and finish grieving in peace.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Nyc-haven't reached the stage of dating men in that age group yet. My father in law is in that age group though and I LOVE LOVE LOVE going out with him! He's so awesome!
Flirtatious, friendly, opens the door, the works.

As for how I am doing
"I've had better days..."
Is a fitting statement.

2012.. January or February when the dr told Maca that really the bottom line with me and my mental health was-move somewhere the sun comes up and goes down regularly.
He said a LOT more than that, but that was the bottom line. He explained that he could keep giving me a cocktail of drugs to manage my anxiety (driven by the depression) and depression (driven by the dark) and pain (which is driven by the cold) and ADD.
But if we just moved somewhere that's its warm year round and the sun is predictably available more often than not-I wouldn't need any of those drugs-which aren't really healthy anyway.

We've BEEN working towards that end.

But-in the meantime, here I am in Kodiak-which is pretty much the polar opposite of what I need. During a time of year when it's actually warm and sunny at home. So-a whole winter locked up in the dark and cold-and just as summer is coming, go somewhere that is still only hitting mid 50s and is gloomy and overcast most days....
Uh huh-not really going well.

Yesterday Maca pulled me into his arms and I bawled my eyes out. I feel guilty for "failing" because I just can't keep a handle on the depression in this environment. I intellectually know that there isn't a "keeping a handle on it" because it's chemical. But emotionally-it all just dissolves into a disaster.

He's sending me home. I agree with him-it's the only solution to managing my depression and letting that get out of hand-well we already know that's dangerous and not worth the risk.
But damn it sucks being apart 8 months a fucking year.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Oh LR, that sucks so much. I'm sorry.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update