Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 AM

Some days are better than others. After a great weekend, today has been rough. Mostly money issues, related to my medical bills eating up yet another paycheck and leaving us with not enough to cover the regular bills, since we couldn't punish the kiddo and skip Easter. Runic Wolf is out on a date with his girlfriend, but their date hit a snag when her car wouldn't start at work and they ended up waiting for roadside assistance instead of getting to enjoy their evening. I honestly don't know how much more I can take of all things Crohn's related. And the more stressed I get, the more my incision and surgery side of my stomach hurt.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:49 AM

So sorry to hear things have been so tough for you and stressing you out, BD. I hope it all improves quickly!
- - -

As for me, I am feeling pretty good these days. It's been such a slow, long road to rebuild my life after my husband and I split up and my entire world came crashing down (emotionally, financially, etc.). Break-ups and other relationship issues with lovers after that had me feeling a bit out of control. I was eating rather than deal with all the stress I had going on. I'd let myself (and my apartment) go and was not happy with that.

So... over the last approximately 5 or 5-1/2 weeks,I've been making a serious effort to lose weight and eat more healthfully. And now there is 12 lbs less of me on the planet! People are noticing! My skin looks great, my clothing fits better, I feel lighter and more attractive, have more energy, and am no longer bloated with a big round belly that made me very unhappy! I have a lot more to lose before I get to my goal, but even losing just 12 lbs makes a huge difference in all these things -- and I'm enjoying challenging myself to do something that improves my life and well-being. I've also started clearing out the clutter in my living space, to create a more nurturing home environment. I feel like this is part of my recovery from my marriage ending - and I know my weight loss and the healthier paths I'm taking are not temporary.

So say hello to a happier-and-12-pounds-lighter nycindie.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 04-22-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:46 AM

I am doing not awesome today. I broke up with a partner of three years purely because of being saturated. I started dating another person 5 months ago who has a lot more in common with me as a friend and a similar communication style and was just feeling too spread thin trying to make time for me among the dating, and he got the short end of the stick.

Besides my divorce, I haven't broken up with anybody for 20 years. I've never broken up with somebody for any reason that wasn't cheating/other shitty behavior. Breaking up with somebody awesome that I love because my priorities have shifted has so far been the worst thing about poly.

Thanks, I'm glad this thread is here, I just needed to say something about this.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Mischna iyayea

I am feeling torn and disappointed today.
Me and Dan, my partner of 6 years are doing quite well as he struggles to adjust his mono mind to my poly desires. Joe, the man that I just met and had been seeing for about 3 months -things are not doing so well.
While things are wonderful when Joe and I are together, he resides about 2 hours away from me and recently with a job change he has less and less time for us to talk on the phone between our in person dates.Besides his work, there is my job, my other relationship, his partners and other life aspects. Time is a scarce resource and a necessity. My feelings for him have evolved beyond what our current situation can fulfill and I fear that with our schedules the needs of the relationship just won't be met and I will need to stop seeing him.
Despite the numbers and prospect of residing in a large city, I have not been able to find someone that I bond with and (dare I say it) love like Joe. The prospect of parting ways is not something I look forward too.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:08 PM

We are doing good. Waking up and getting ourselves going. It's going to be a crummy weekend weather wise, but we aren't going to let it spoil our moods.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 PM

Had a movie night with Runic Wolf, Wendigo, and an old former FWB/ now just friend today. It was alot of fun and I got all the cuddles I could have wanted. Didn't get as much sexy times as I'd hoped with my loves, but a girl can't always have everything she wants, right?
Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 AM

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had to work but we had a good time. There was a cake and balloons for me, and I indulged although I'm on a diet. The boss always has cake when it's someone's b'day, but she also gave me a very thoughtful gift when we had some privacy. It's so different from other jobs I've had. I feel appreciated and encouraged here. Never had that in many places, nor in many decades, actually.

I was hoping to hear from certain people on my b'day, but didn't, so that was a bit of a bummer. Busy lives and they didn't remember, I suppose. I bought myself a nice sweater, and didn't think too much about it. I don't usually make too much of a big deal about birthdays, anyway.

This coming week some loose ends get tied up regarding my divorce. Weirdness. Also been corresponding with two guys on OKC, both of whom do not live in the city, but seem very nice and possibly worth a train ride. We'll see how it goes.

Have to get back on track with my weight loss plan. The last few days, I have been a little out of control and I regained a pound. Onward and downward!

I guess I'm feeling a little tired, and a little hopeful.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 PM

Unhappy Breaking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Had a movie night with Runic Wolf, Wendigo, and an old former FWB/ now just friend today. It was alot of fun and I got all the cuddles I could have wanted. Didn't get as much sexy times as I'd hoped with my loves, but a girl can't always have everything she wants, right?
Heartbroken.

Wendigo ended our relationship last night, in part over a conversation that happened at the end of movie night after I wrote this. Runic Wolf joked that I might be up for a foursome and our friend seemed a little too eager. I was embarrassed and concerned that Wendigo might think that this was somehow planned or that I was in on it. He certainly didn't take it as a joke, he was offended that anyone would think that he'd be willing to share me with a perfect stranger (to him). He and Runic Wolf have been bashing head on and off for months about the nature of my relationship with Wendigo and he felt really disrespected in that situation. He doesn't see any way that we can move past this, because Runic Wolf has said he didn't think he could accept the dynamic our relationship had taken. So what is the point in trying to change Wendigo's mind? At least if I accept it, we have a chance to return to friends. And I would rather have his friendship than lose him completely.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:57 AM

Oh BD - this is sad to read. I hope that you guys can go on and be friends.

NYCIndie - good to hear nice stuff about your life. I hope that it continues to go so positively for you.

Things in my world are happy for the most part. I have a little anxiety for my partner. He has a cancer check up this week and is going through some terrible work related stress. I'm giving him lots of hugs and plenty of love. Hoping that life will become less stressful for him soon.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Heartbroken.

Wendigo ended our relationship last night, in part over a conversation that happened at the end of movie night after I wrote this. Runic Wolf joked that I might be up for a foursome and our friend seemed a little too eager. I was embarrassed and concerned that Wendigo might think that this was somehow planned or that I was in on it. He certainly didn't take it as a joke, he was offended that anyone would think that he'd be willing to share me with a perfect stranger (to him). He and Runic Wolf have been bashing head on and off for months about the nature of my relationship with Wendigo and he felt really disrespected in that situation. He doesn't see any way that we can move past this, because Runic Wolf has said he didn't think he could accept the dynamic our relationship had taken. So what is the point in trying to change Wendigo's mind? At least if I accept it, we have a chance to return to friends. And I would rather have his friendship than lose him completely.
BD, I am so sorry to hear about this!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update