Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 11:58 AM

Absolutely DESTROYED my lower back over the past few days, to the point where I went home sick yesterday due to another creeping crud I caught, and spent the day in bed with pillows up under my knees. Feeling so much like an old gimpy woman right now, and it's driving me bananas.

Driving aggravates it, which doesn't help when I feel good enough to work, but don't know if I'll be able to get myself out of my car when I get there.

Oh, and more snow tonight. Wheee... At least P will be here, since I think shoveling is right out for me at the moment.

On a related note, I think I overdosed on episodes of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" while I was in bed.

Okay, hack, cough, wheeze, ow. Time to get going to work. Maybe
Xena (previously M1): Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa (previously AG): Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

My navel-gazing blog thread:
A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Old 01-21-2014, 02:25 PM

Been busy as heck. Newborn is keeping me hopping.. haven't had time for very much. This is my first day back to work since he has been born. Should be interestingly distracting haha
Old 02-06-2014, 02:03 AM

Feeling good, basically. Had yesterday and today off from work, which was sorely needed. I'd been feeling a bit run-down. I normally don't have two days off in a row during my regular work-week, so I was able to relax and get some things done.

Been conversing in emails with someone I met online at OKCupid. I had initiated contact with him there, and his replies have been really, really great. He's intelligent, good-looking, really witty, and non-monogamous. Today I told him I'd like to get together with him when he gets back from an upcoming trip. So, we'll see.

Also decided I am going to refinish the wood floors in my apartment. They really need an overhaul and I found a company that does it with a dustless, environmentally-friendly technique. Going to call them next week to get a quote.

Wish I had a few more days off from work, though. Not looking forward to tomorrow. One of the people that works there has been a total beeyotch to me.

Oh well, life goes on.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-06-2014, 02:58 AM

Got a date Saturday night. This guy I met at my friends work a couple years ago. I told her I liked him but she went after him and she kind of messed him up. Timing wasn't right for me either. He actually works for my company and we run into each other from time to time. Looking forward to it
Old 02-06-2014, 05:06 PM

Haven't been around for a while due to having had multiple surgeries in the last 3 weeks. I just got out of the hospital on Tuesday and am starting to feel more like myself - a tired and sore version, sure, but myself none the less. Unfortunately, they were unable to do my second surgery laparoscopicly, due to there being more centralized, severe scar tissue in my ileum than the CT scan showed. The good news was they had to remove less of my intestines than expected. Bad news is I have an incision that is much bigger/ uglier than I was prepared for. I go back to the doctor in a week. Hopefully by then I'll be feeling better about it all.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 AM

Glad to see you posting here again, BrigidsDaughter, and glad you are up and around again after having surgery. I hope everything goes well with your recovery and any more procedures you might need.

I had a phone convo last night with this guy I've been messaging on OKC for about two weeks. We spoke for a little over an hour. There was a little initial awkwardness, but we were both obviously enjoying talking to each other. We have tentative plans to meet up next Friday, after work. I get a good vibe from him, and am looking forward to meeting him, but I'm not letting myself get too excited or hopeful about it - you never really know until you meet them in person. But it's nice having a possibility come my way.

Since having re-enabled my OKCupid account, I am just floored by the number of stupid, shallow men who contact me with absolutely nothing of value to say. "Hi sweetheart, nice [insert physical attribute], love to get to know you." Yeah, right. And I guess the fact that so many women on the site have a policy of simply refusing to respond to any messages means that most of the quality men won't make contact first. They feel it's a waste of their time and effort, so will only engage with women who contact them first. So, the guy I'm meeting next week is someone I did contact first -- I wrote to compliment his profile as it is so very clever and entertaining -- and our correspondence has been really awesome, but it would be nice to be pursued by some intelligent men who at least have a clue rather than the 20% Match dumbasses that usually turn up in my Inbox. Sometimes doing the online dating thing is so draining and feels like a second job.

Had a snow day today, but going back to work tomorrow. Feeling okay. Not great, but okay is okay.

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-14-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 AM

Glad to hear you're dipping back into the online dating waters, NYCindie! I do miss your blog. Best of luck with everything.

I know what you mean about OKC being like having a second job. I closed my profile last fall because it was too much work to sort through all the dumb messages.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 PM

Well, my date with the last guy I wrote about in this thread bombed. No chemistry. He was perfectly nice and we stayed to have dinner after our first cocktails, because the convo seemed to be going well (he even picked up the dinner check), but I could not see myself with him.

However, I have two other prospects now! So that is exciting.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Well, my date with the last guy I wrote about in this thread bombed. No chemistry. He was perfectly nice and we stayed to have dinner after our first cocktails, because the convo seemed to be going well (he even picked up the dinner check), but I could not see myself with him.

However, I have two other prospects now! So that is exciting.
Sorry that guy didnt work out, Cindie. He sounded fun! Good luck with the next 2.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Sorry that guy didnt work out, Cindie. He sounded fun! Good luck with the next 2.
Thanks! About my two potentials:

One is someone from OKC. I recently changed my photos so that my face is obscured just as an experiment to see if anyone would write me if they can't fully see what I look like. This guy did, and we've had a few nice (but short) convos over this last week, but he lives a little bit outside the city. We haven't exchanged contact info yet, but I think we should do that soon (it has happened a few times that guys I start conversing with on OKC suddenly disappear off the site and we lose touch). He did say that he thinks I am different from most of the women on OKC and he already feels like he'd like to meet me. He told me, "poly works in my world." So, we'll see.

The other is a fix-up which probably won't happen until another few weeks. He just started a new job and met one of the women I work with through Match. They had a nice online friendship for a few months, never met in person, and then lost touch for a few months because she started seeing a few guys and he was unemployed and really needed to focus on finding work. After he landed the job, he contacted her again, but she is now in a serious mono relationship, so they just had lunch together to catch up as friends. She told me he is incredibly nice and very cute, and thinks he and I would hit it off. She asked me first, then asked him, and we are both interested! Once he feels a little more settled in at the new job, he told her he will stop by our workplace to see her, and meet me, then maybe all three of us will go out for drinks and/or dinner.

On another note, the other day, I ran into Dreamy near where I work! OMG, he is as hunky as he ever was! We had met on OKC when we were both freshly separated, and we dated (and fucked each other's brains out) for about 2 months or so. That was near the end of 2010 and into early 2011. Then his sister passed away, he started seeing a couple other women who lived closer to him, and he told me he just wanted to be friends. We've stayed in touch verrrry sporadically, but wow, it was great to see him. He kept saying, "This is a nice surprise," hugged me twice, and expressed wanting to have coffee or lunch with me sometime. I don't know what his relationship status is now - was a little afraid to ask - other than his divorce was finalized. He's a big bear of a man, and hot-hot-hot, but genuinely a nice person, so it would be nice to have him in my life in any form.

Okay, to stay on topic - how am I doing? Good! Lost 4 lbs on my first week back with Jenny Craig, spring is coming, the possibility of sex is in the air, la-di-da!

Last edited by nycindie; 03-22-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update