Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 05:45 PM

Life has been busy, so much to tell and so little time.

I travel a bit for work, my career took a slight change which hasn't really given me the time I used to have to post online (which I did at work for the record)
I live in a quad, which ironically we just don't think of ourselves as poly. It justs a family. period.
Wife is pregnant with my first child.
Bought my first car (what can I say, I have been biking/walkiing for 38 years, cars were never of interest)
For those that remember me, I have been sober 2.5 years.
I have lost 30 pounds
I just got back from poly camp, and wish I had more time to camp but I am also too damn tired to do it. haha

I am sure there is more. Anyways, I am partially back, will be online posting when I get those chances (likely when I travel) but its interesting to be back to a place I haven't posted on in a couple of years.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Welcome friend!
Congrats on baby and sobriety! EXCELLENT!
We've been busily working on home improvements.

Maca is working in Kodiak (6 weeks gone 2 home) probably til Christmas time.
I spent our anniversary there (for a week).

This coming weekend I take Sweet Pea (who is OMG starting HS) on a road trip for 4 days to do "Alaska studies".

Then the 27th the kids and I drive to Homer to catch the ferry to Kodiak for Alaska studies and see dad.
Sweet Pea flies home the 5th to see Red Hot Chili Pepper concert (lucky kid) and Sour Pea and I take the ferry home the 11th.

Back to school for me on August 26th. After this semester I think I will be officially done with all freshman and sophmore classes towards my bachelors of science in psychology. Very proud to be maintaining A's and 1 B over the last 6 semesters.

GG and I took Sour Pea to the lake this weekend so she could play. I got to go kayaking with my new kayak (4.4 miles for my first trip). It was awesome! Can't wait to go again!

Sitting right at 170, which is about 20 lbs heavier than prefer-but haven't struggled to maintain that since I worked so hard to lose it after having Sour Pea.

This week I managed 5 *real* push-ups each day in addition to the other arm workouts Sweet Pea and I have been doing. That's the first time in 10 years I've been able to do push-ups at all and I'm THRILLED. It's taken a few years to start regaining upper body strength, after years of pain and then my surgeries in 2010. But I am finally making gains that I really love seeing!

Yesterday I went with my brother to the range. We shot a .22, 2 different 9 mil, a .357 and a .44. I kicked ass. First time I've shot anything in 22 years. It was so much fun and I felt energized afterward!

In April we hit Hawaii as a family (Maca, GG, me, Sweet Pea and Sour Pea). It was a blast. I got to go snorkeling in several places, saw turtles with Maca. The guys and Sweet Pea went on a fishing charter. We all agreed-next trip we go para-sailing and zip-lining.

All in all-life is good.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Wife is pregnant with my first child.
Oh, Ariakas, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
. . . I have been sober 2.5 years.
I have lost 30 pounds
CONGRATS AGAIN!!! So nice to read good news. Would love to hear more about your quad.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 AM

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!

Found an old bf from the '80s on a social networking site. We're messaging back and forth, reminiscing. We were in our 20s and totally idiotic back then, but I have some fond memories. It's been both fun and tearful to trade recollections and piece it all together.

He just told me that when he left NY for California back then, he wanted me to ask him to stay but he thought I wasn't into him, so he left. Meanwhile my heart was breaking and I was so upset he was leaving. It's like one of those sad, tragically romantic movies where everyone on the audience is saying, "Just tell her! Just tell him!" and nothing gets said and then hearts get broken!

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 07-19-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:34 PM

Experienced my first poly break up last weekend.
Was expecting to be really hurt and to feel really sad. What I actually feel is a whole lot of relief mixed with a little melancholy sadness.

Am also very happy to go away with Ren for the weekend. It's something we do so well together: travel, explore, find good places to eat, be in a strange environment together. I've been housesitting for a friend and am meeting my husband at the station tomorrow. Am kind of nervously excited about the trip.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 PM

I've just started a new job. So much stress with changing jobs and learning new stuff. The upside is that its close to home and more pay with less hours. Its nice to have 3 day weekends.

On the downside, my youngest daughter is about to drive me crazy. Its always something with her. She's supposed to be grown and on her own, but I wonder if that will ever be. I just discovered a $400 dishnetwork bill in my name Ah the joys of grown children
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM

I've wanted to be at Richard's house (a lot) more than usual this week since I received bad news about my Dad and his health this week. I feel nurtured and cared for when I'm at his house. I'm working here while he is at work. His ex wife and son live here too- upstairs. It's a big house and they have their own kitchen upstairs. But we do use the same laundry room and of course we run into each other coming and going. She asked me who does my roots, so I explained to her how I do them myself between visits to the hair dresser. We have basically the same hair color, so I'm sure it will be fine for her. Richard is stopping on the way home to pick up steaks!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM

Feeling like I'm heading in the right direction, but wishing it was easier for me to stand up for myself more when confronted by powerfully assertive people who come across as experts in their field. I get too intimidated! But all in all, everything's good right now.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 AM

Busy as $%#^^.. its all I got. Career booming, life busy, getting ready for future with a bunch of little ariakas's.. trying to figure out how to navigate time for work, poly, life (hiking, biking and fucking) while making sure everyone is cared for...

Next 3 months,I travel A LOT!!! Its gonna be quite a trip, heck even making it down to Pittsburgh for the first time. Some more expansion into the US, maybe I can catch a steelers game..

I need more hours in a day, week, month, year.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Feeling like I'm heading in the right direction, but wishing it was easier for me to stand up for myself more when confronted by powerfully assertive people who come across as experts in their field. I get too intimidated! But all in all, everything's good right now.
don't be afraid to be wrong.. then they have no power. Then when you are right it feels even better.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update