Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 AM

I had a rough week. I lost my best friend of 23 years to a motorcycle accident Tuesday. Today was the memorial service. We talked daily.. had something happen just a few minutes ago. Made me think of him and the tears start a new. I am not a weepy person by nature but I am taking this hard. He is the one who would call me on my bullshit and was my rock when things were ugly. I detest people who drive while distracted. I hope that text was worth it..

I am looking forward to my regular weekend at Murfs with the kids he has a busy weekend planned. Butch was off Wednesday and he helped keeping me busy. Today has been hard. The guys are at work. Thank the gods for them both. They keep checking in on me. My poor westie he is sick of me cuddling him. The scotties are smart enough to not get close..lol.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 AM

My sympathies for your loss, Dagferi.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Oh Dagferi, so sorry to read of your tragic loss! Take good care of yourself. My sympathies.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM

So sorry, Dagferi. You have my condolences and a virtual hug if need be.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:29 AM

It's official. I hate my assistant manager. It's a can't-stomach-her-would-like-to-throw-her-through-a-window kind of feeling. I am so happy to be home now, and not in her presence anymore! I should've stopped at the liquor store on my way home - wish I had a glass of wine with me as I type on my computer in my undies.

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 07-14-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:21 PM

I'm a bit disappointed with the new steel corset boning I got in the mail. It's alot more flimsy than I was expecting. Found a new supplier after it arrived, because apparently American made steel is less sturdy than European made steel.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM

It's really hard to work with people you dislike. I know over the years I've had to wait people out.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:25 AM

I just got an email from the sexy man with whom I had a second date about a month ago. I hadn't heard from him for about two weeks, and then he told me he has a lot of stresses in his life right now and doesn't think he can see me for a while. I wrote back to tell him what I would like to see happen with us, and he wrote back saying he wants the same thing - and that he would try to see me sooner. I am glad that was his response.

So, how'm I doing now? Feeling okay... and a little hopeful!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 AM

Dude just called, he's on his way home from his first date since we formed our "co-habitating open poly vee" two years ago. Sound like he had a good time (I'm sure he'll be all excited and want to talk about it when he gets home ) - and that I felt good, calm and happy, all evening. Promising! (This is the first time that any of us has seen someone new since the Vee formed 2+ years ago.)

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 07-15-2013, 04:20 PM

An update from my earlier rant:
Sister is no longer homeless, has her job back, and is her typical up-and-down self on Facebook again. Yay.

Mom has started chemo, feels shitty, but her spirits are still up.

I have gone through my colposcopy, and it's all low-grade dysplasia which sets the mind at ease (although it's pretty evident it's due to HPV, which I knew I was exposed to...).

All in all, things are looking up, although we're still keeping a close eye on mom.

This past weekend, my partner and I went camping. Nice to just tune out and enjoy the place, especially since I haven't been camping since I was a kid. Lots of talking around the fire about his life and what's going on (starting a new relationship with a woman whose hubby is dating my metamour... damn diagram is looking like a box with a twig (me) sticking off the side - LOL), and it was nice to be able to listen about everything, although that night was "okay, let's let us be enjoy OUR moment" time.

This city mouse loved the sound of the running river outside the tent. Who'da thunk it?

So... Gorgeous weekend and back to work. The return to reality has begun.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update