Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM

I'm really tired from going to school full time. I have been feeling pain in my knee since Tuesday and I don't understand why.

Anyway, the bright spots in my life is I really like my bf and I have only one more day of school
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Yay almost no more school!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 AM

I love the lovers who love to love the love. I kinda love my life right this minute. FBF seems to be closer. Both of them helped me tonight with a srsly big job application. <3

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 PM

I am thankfully done with the semester - I've got a few days to relax and catch up on TV before going to NY to visit family. I will be so glad to get a bit of a break!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 PM

So tired lately. I think it has to do with the infection in my leg.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM

I am apparently in the midst of another relationshipsplosion, and I worry that M is going to decide that I'm too much work and too much drama to be in a relationship with. :/
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 PM

Doin' okay. Cooked my first wheat, corn, and peanut free meal for my wife and it came out pretty okay. The gravy was the only part that really needs tweeking still. People keep telling me that I'm a bit of a natural kitchen alchemist and I think I might start believing them after tonight.

Other then that, work and money has me stressed. Since BrigidsDaughter got bit by a spider, a stubborn case of pink eye, and diagnosed with these allergies in the span of a month money has been realllllly tight between copays, medicine, and the food for her. However we'll pull through like always. I'm going to start meal planning and cooking for us which will help reduce costs.

As for work, things are going well overall. My bosses are still happy with me and we've been swamped with orders. The stress comes in from one employee who is no longer with us. Long and short of it the guy screwed up, potentially, between $10-20K in hard to acquire material (it's a special steel alloy that's only made 1-2 times a year in 1 foundry in Germany). Good news is my bosses trust me enough to have the skill to salvage the material. Downside is I know if I can't save as much of it as possible it's a hard hit on the company, and that's where the stress is coming in.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:27 AM

Another semester of straight A's.

We are happily ensconsed in a warm house together. Auntie is over baking cookies with the kids.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Banned

I just completed a project i conceived almost 2 decades ago, which has occupied my mind during that time for probably about an average of 75-80%. Also fortunately, i have an entire week left to enjoy the results of my patient efforts. This is a personal triumph; it does not come with a financial reward or public recognition. I am not a person who is goal-oriented or ambitious, but i can appreciate the focus, determination, serendipity, and above all the PATIENCE that it took to pull off this caper. I was prepared for something to go wrong in the 11th hour that would set me back, but nothing of that sort happened. I also have not talked about the progress of this project with anyone so as not to jinx it or create expectations. I am still skeptical about sharing too many specifics, especially on the internet. I do not like to gush about how good i feel about my life at any given point because it's been my experience that something "crashes" whenever i do so. I am functionally superstitious like that, and it has been working for me.

tl;dr I am feeling very good about things, to the point that i don't want to share too much or something will happen to end it. This has nothing to do with money or relationships. It's more of a personal-growth thing.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 PM

Doing well. Feeling like a real, appreciated part of the crew at my job, which I started just under three months ago. Glad I found a position in which the boss really knows how to treat staff well and where we all work together to raise the bar for everyone and ourselves.

Also happy that I received a payment today from my additional freelance work, which I had not expected to get until the 31st.

New potential interests have suddenly popped up on OKC and I've been having good conversations the last few days. Am making a date with one guy for this Friday night, and another for early- to mid-January. Not getting my hopes up too much, but it is nice to get responses and know there is interest. I write so many guys who never reply, I was beginning to wonder what was turning them off.

Anyway, about to call my sister to wish her a Merry Christmas, and I'm feelin' good.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 05-01-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update