Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
I made a big ass mistake last night, talking about a fantasy-type scenario with S, while G was watching. G took it as fact and it resulted in a big blow out, followed by tears and cuddling and holding each other in bed. I feel like shit for letting him see that. From now on, no more reading my chats and vice versa. Unless there is something specific, we can no longer cross that line. Bitch of the year award to this one right here
Just a request to avoid confusion. Since your husband has a user name here, can you please use that instead of all the initials, I'm getting confused , especially since you are calling your b/f S and your husband's user name is Storm77 . To be fair, your husband does the same thing, using T instead of Glitter. Is mak'n me head spin

Sorry got no advice, except to apologize, prove it can improve and work on the relationship between the two of you.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 PM

Sorry about that, I tend to forget those things

Yeah, just need to work through this all and hopefully come out the other end unscathed.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 PM

I was tired at work all week but luckily it was not as busy as usual - so I have a big backlog of paperwork to do this weekend (my only weekend "off" this month) but not as much as it could have been...sigh.

On the poly front things are good - we three went to the county fair on Wednesday (this was for me - I love fairs!) then the boys went to a party after so I was a little lonely but they came home and cuddled me and all was good.

Earlier in the week MrS and I had a GREAT "touching base" conversation - good to confirm we are on the same page and no seething issues to address. Dude and I worked on some conflict we were experiencing around sex and fixed up some stuff there (and had some great sex!).

I am...tired, but happy.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 08-17-2012, 10:59 PM

Maca is home safe.
We're on our way out the door for the last family camping trip of the year. I'm doing good, we're doing good.
Busy-as usual, but good.

School starts up the 27th again-then it will be REALLY REALLY busy. A little nervous about all of that!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM

This past week has been a mixed bag. I'm really getting into my new position at work, but worked an 11 day stretch due to meeting planned on my usual days off that I needed to attend. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while as it is exhausting and I know that I am more cranky and sensitive when I don't have down time.

Wendigo has begun to tell his friends in his RP group about me, including asking me for permission to show one of them my picture. We've come so far from our early days of being afraid to hug each other good bye because we were on the DL and are now to a place of not caring who knows; telling those who it is relevant to and letting the others come to us if they really want to know. Things have been moving slowly with his sister in law and her kids moving out. Their dad is still waiting on the bank to process the closing on his new house, so he can move, and they can take over his old house, this has made for a very stressful and anticipatory summer for them. It's hard to not be able to help.

I'm also struggling with how to be supportive of Runic Wolf right now. I know he's struggling with his inability to find another partner. He and his ex connected on so many levels, I really felt she was perfect for him, so the break up has been particularly hard on him and he hasn't really had any luck since. I hate to see him hurting. This week has been particularly difficult because she and I have been in contact (we've stayed friends) and she really wants to spend time with me/ us and he isn't ready.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 PM

i'm feeling caught between what i need and want for myself and what everyone else wants/needs from me. it's always felt like there wasn't time/room for my needs and after the way this summer has gone, it doesn't feel like anything has changed. it really needs to but i am unsure how to negotiate or properly explain to everyone.
i am very tired of feeling as if i am just at the mercy of everyone else's wants/needs and time capacities.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:18 PM

Irritated at myself and others. Annoyed. Tired.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Its the first day of school, for the older kids, and I'm starting to feel like a can breath again. Still feeling stressed about everything else but at least its progress.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Feeling pretty okay today. After having a big argument with my sister yesterday (all via email, geez), I have reconnected with a cousin, and getting good vibes from other family members. But I think Sis is still hurting from our fight, so it will be a while before we are back to normal.

Have tentative plans to see Chessy this weekend, which we will firm up later this week. He's feeling much better and is really eager to see me, so I'm flattered!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 PM

http://www.adn.com/2012/09/05/261176...ess-storm.html

CRAZY! We're fine, but have lots of friends who are still without power. Maca saw a Porche get hit with a tree as it was driving, on his way home from work last night.
The son in law was working at the hospital all night, there power was out-on generator backup. Said it was creepy driving home and there was NO lights on in town this morning!
A friend had a tree come down on their car in the night.
School and non-critical gov't jobs cancelled for the day.
CRAZY!

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update