Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 AM

Feeling worn out today, finished up my first 25 hour work week since December around 2 pm today then had to head to the beach for my niece's birthday party for a few hours before picking up Wendigo for our post Ragnarok meeting which ended up running 2 hours longer than expected. So basically I left the house at 8:15 this morning and got home at 11pm. It was awesome to see everyone again and hang out over Chinese buffet, but I am glad to be home even if Runic Wolf did have to run out to visit a friend immediately after I got home from taking Wendigo home (I dropped him and the kiddo off on the way to Wendigo's house b/c the kiddo was getting tired.)
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Feeling hopeful and positive. A neighbor of mine who knows a lot about all my trials and tribulations in dealing with my divorce, finances, and job searching, came in to where I work yesterday. I started this job about three weeks ago, and she had stopped in a few days ago as well, and we had chatted briefly that day. Anyway, yesterday she said, "You look great! I haven't seen you smile in so long." She said she even told a mutual friend of ours that she saw me and that I finally looked happy. Even though it's just a crappy, low-paying, part-time job, it has made a difference in my outlook. I think just having somewhere to go, feeling useful, and connecting with people several times a week, is part of why so many men have been interested in me lately. It's true, I wasn't smiling for a long time. And I got my first paycheck yesterday - it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I still need to find more work in order to support myself, but she really made my day by telling me that.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 07-15-2012, 03:30 PM

It's a quiet, contemplative morning for me.

I'm wishing that I could have a cup of my guy's delicious coffee. Reflecting on our weekend of celebrating milestones, I am in awe of the patience, understanding, strength, support, passion and love that he offers me. Truly unconditional and accepting.

We have been through so much and remain committed to making this less-than-ideal situation work for us all.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

Now...time for coffee (not his, booooo!), then off to the gym I go!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM

Default Tired..

Considering I'm off work for a week of vacation with the family, I'm not nearly as bouncy as I should be. I've actually been feeling kind of down today and tired.

Tired of feeling like I'm swimming upstream in my relationships. Hubby is making a lot of new friends lately who are a decade younger (or more in some cases :S) and wanting to spend more time hanging out with his new 'peeps', making me feel kind of...tossed aside.

And the boyfriend's wife has been acting a bit more...what's the right word? Not quite jealous but...possessive (?) lately, making me feel somewhat guilty of the little time I get to spend with him. Poly is sure a lot of upkeep. Hoping a week of relaxation helps me see things in a better light.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 PM

Excited My parents got married today. I am very happy for them, and for myself, as my dad coming back was always something I dreamed of growing up.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Very thankful for this site and the things I have been able to learn. I now seem to be surrounded by poly peeps and have needed to help some friends through some "shit hit the fan" poly drama. Because of what I have learned here, I have been able to be supportive and helpful to my friends.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 AM

I am super sleepy but trying to stay awake. I have a potential client I've been trying to talk to and she's finally online. At 11:30 at night >.<

I got into a pretty heated argument with someone who told me my marriage doesn't count and I am going to end up harming my children for life because I am pursuing this type of lifestyle. But in the process I stuck up for a friend who recently had a 3some with her hubby and another girl and who I think has a very poly out look on love. I was hurt over the way the woman talked about poly, especially since she clearly has no idea what she's talking about but I am thankful that I have enough education in this to help out a friend that is going through issues.

I've also decided that J needs to stay in the friends category. I would love to have him as a lover but he just doesn't understand the poly way of thinking and I realize someone would get hurt if I tried to pursue it. Probably me.

Friend me on facebook: http://facebook.com/mom2klegirl
Old 07-17-2012, 04:49 AM

I'm doing good today.

There's up days and down days.

Unfortunately it's been an unrealistically drab, rainy and cold summer which is NOT a good thing for me.

I'm on the fence regarding some things-but my poly household is going smoothly.

It's flat amazing how much calmer it is with all of the extra people gone!

Just me, Maca, GG, Sweet Pea and Sour Pea.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:21 AM

How am I doing...

You know, I'm doing pretty damned good right now. I'm past my 90 days at work and I've been kicking so much ass at my new job they added a little bonus onto my 90 day raise. I still love the work and the people there. I think I've found a good match, job wise. Feels good to hand over a paycheck that's more for one week of work then I was getting in a month at the last place.

Socially things are going well. Had some people come and go in my life and I can't say any of them are bad. I've come out on top with each one. Old friends reconnected with, bad things leaving. All around it's been going damn good even if romantically my options are still as closed as ever.

Emotionally I'm doing better then I have in years. I feel better, have a more positive outlook on things, and my depressive swings are shorter and less severe. I do feel a bit worn on occasion but that's probably more to do with me not sleeping right then anything else.

Physically i'm getting stronger and more used to actually working all day. My callouses are coming back with friends and all the standing, walking, lifting, and working has helped me strengthen my hip which leads to less pains there.

About the only thing going wrong right now, really, is my sleeping. I keep having these terrible dreams or randomly waking up for no real reason. Usually it means, when it's like this, is that something is bothering me or the like and I just need to figure out what it is and adjust.

But over all? Doing great.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:30 PM

I am enjoying my day off today after working for four days. My parents & I will being going to a movie theater to watch Brave with captioning. We're excited to see it.

I am doing great so far since I broke up with the deaf boyfriend. I wanted to see if I can remain single for a time being, hopefully for more than two months.

I use to hate the idea of being single, and I use to have the needy feeling toward men. Where I don't last long with the single life. Now that I'm taking medication for over a year, it changed a lot of things. I find myself less needy for men, and I had to learn to get use to it and find ways to enjoy myself.

Yesterday, I had sudden feeling of "tired of dating", despite the fact I've only dated twice in the past month. I guess, while most part of me is enjoying the single life, other part of me still nags me to date or find a guy. SIGH.

Other than that, I think I'm doing great. Currently searching for a place to live, to move out of my parent's house. Possibly being roommate with my co-worker, who wanted to move out of her parent's house as well. Wish us luck! We already have three appointments to see three different apartments. So, we'll see.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update