Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 AM

Default new to poly

Hi All. I'm just starting to look into poly more. I'm in a mono relationship at the moment with my husband of almost two year. prior to meeting me (we met thru an online adult site) he would attend adult parties. He hasnt really gone to them since except a couple of time during the last few months.

Husband has tried to get me more interested in attending the parties or having someone (most likely a female) come over to our place. He apparently wants to see me with another woman.

The conversation of poly started coming up because I have a male friend at work that is in an open marriage and he asked me to start hanging out with him away from work. And then we started getting more playful with each (usually in our offices after hours)... We had talked about getting more and more intimate with each other and he even asked me to spend a night with him at a local B&B he was booking for us.

that ended up being an interesting conversation with my husband and he seemed surprised some. but when my husband asks me if I want to go to the parties or my friends suggests maybe I should go to see if I would like it, I tell them both, there's a difference to me at least between going to a party and just doing it with someone vs taking my time to get to know someone 1st and ending up being more emotionally involved before taking that step

Although apparently my male friend will also do just purely physical relationships with women. He says if he is intimate with someone there's always an emotional connection to him but the level of emotion and the type of emotion varies

Unfortunately most likely nothing else will happen for a while because we were essentially caught most likely after work a few block away from the office kissing and hugging (our manager told us and talked to us). we're still friends but nothing more at the moment. my friend decided he cant keep our work relationship (which we do work together directly on a regular basis0 separate from say an after work relationship

AlexieNichole
Old 05-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Smile hi!

Hi!

I just wanted to say hi because no one else has... HI! I also hope everything is going ok for you.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:16 PM

I know it can be tricky dating people from work! I joined a club & some websites & have met some really nice people that way. Best wishes!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:50 PM

Welcome aboard.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 AM

Default Work "mates"

Both my husband & girlfriend work at the same place as me, we have decided not to tell anyone as hard as it is not to show affection at work, I mean less then half of the work force have worked outthat I'm married half of them have worked out who I'm married too. We just hide it well I guess butno one knows about our girlfriend been our girlfriend for the same reason that if we were to be found out I hate to see the bosses reactions.