Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 AM

It is strictly coincidence that both of my "spammer" comments appeared under your posts, lol. In both instances, there were posts mde by "new users" that constituted advertising and spamming. In both instances, the mods removed the offending posts and banned the usernames - and coincidentally your posts were above mine after tha spam was removed, lol.

Nothing directed at you.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:38 AM

lol indeed... and here I was gettin' my dander up!
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Legion,

In your photo, you appear to be a sailor. I've not seen all of your posts, or recently looked at your bio page, ... and I'm not sure what to say about the thread, just yet.... But the picture of you on a boat has me wanting to head off away from this landlocked, landlubber country! New Mexico -- where what is obviously a creek is called by the name of "river" and what is clearly a puddle is a "pond" and every little pond is a "lake"! Perhaps there is some sort of mountains to molehills metaphore in this which relates to your situation, but I'm just saying a salty Hello and sharing a genuine sadness about the high desert life that wants sharing.

===

Just looked at your "profile". Wildland firefighter, eh? I was one of them, long, long ago, for three or four years ... USFS, and a little private company for a while. Pure grunt. You must be much higher up the ranks than I ever was, or my pulaski. Oregon it was, based.

River's Blog

Last edited by River; 11-03-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 PM

I'm pretty low in the ranks of the USFS, but I manage to squirrel away enough to leave the country every winter. It's actually cheaper in the long run.

California: $1400/mo X 6 months= $8400 = rent, groceries, cell phone, insurance, fuel, minimal entertainment (movies, pub, &c. once or twice a week)

Thailand: Rooms @ $5/night = $150/mo, an additional $600/mo affords food, massage, scuba diving, transportation, tours, classes, pubs/movies/other entertainment whenever you like.
$800 Round Trip Ticket from BKK to SFO
Total cost for 6 months = $5300.

I'd point you to a website but I don't want to do any spamming. If you want to sail, google "yachts looking for crew" and find a forum. I saw a fellow leaving Phuket sometime soon who is asking for $10/day to cover costs. $300/month to do some sailing is a pretty good deal! I went from Thailand to Egypt in 2007, it was an experience of a lifetime
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

Last edited by Legion; 11-03-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: bad math skillz :P