Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 11:42 AM

Default Introductions

Hello all!
I wanted to say HI and introduce myself. My hubby and I are new to polyamory, and kind of figuring it out along the way. Currently, he does not have a lover, having just broken up with a long term secondary. It has been hard on both of us. I have not found someone to truly love, but have had a few lovers over the last few months. More casual than anything else.

It's almost like we have a mix of polyamory and an open marriage. Hubby has to feel a deep connection to someone to have a physical relationship..he doesn't do "casual" sex. I, on the other hand, can have sex with someone without the deeper relationship. We have to be friends, obviously, but I don't need to be "in love".

We struggle sometimes with what our goals really are. Right now, we want to be open to the idea that love is boundless, and that it does not have to be restricted to one partner.

I look forward to reading posts here, and learning from everyone's experiences.

Blessings
Raven
Old 10-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Welcome!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-25-2009, 02:54 AM

Cheers to boundless love!! and huzzah!

I was incited a bit by your statement about your husband's preferences and your own more visceral nature. I think I have the ability for either/or but I've been critical of involving myself in "merely physical" attractions, seeking the "integrity" of more being attracted on a more intellectual and emotional level to potential lovers.

This is an odd conclusion for me to come to, as some of my most rewarding, interesting and memorable relationships started as hot and heavy carnal relations after very little in the way of deep interactions. I also firmly believe in the power of loving both physically and emotionally to awaken deeper and deeper love in both yourself and the recipient of your affections.
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:03 AM

Welcome!