Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

3:35 p.m., Friday the 26th

I forgot, yesterday was the second session of Eddie's latest class. SB called me on her way home from work and reminded me. I wanted to go with, and of course she was fine with that. I brought my books to read.

We stopped at a Subway on the way in, SB got us a twelve-inch and we each had half. After we arrived at the place where the class is (Argus Ranch), we got out the sandwich/es, I ate my half while SB took Eddie on a short walk. When she got back, I left to visit the restroom. While I was gone, SB started to eat her half of the sandwich. While hanging onto Eddie at the same time, which was awkward. Then some other lady came around the corner of the car with her own dog, the dogs went nuts, and SB spilled her sandwich on the ground. :( The other lady didn't even apologize, she just made as if it was SB's fault. :mad:

So, on the way home from the class, SB stopped at a McDonald's (It was getting late, 9:30 or 10:00 p.m.), and ordered a cheeseburger and fries for herself. She got me a smoothie, at my request. When we got home, I was still hungry, so I ate some trail mix and a banana. It was quite late by then (it is a 7:30 p.m. class and about an hour drive), and SB had to get up early today for work. :( She said she felt the class was worth it, but she hopes to not have any Thursday classes in the future.

Eddie has two more sessions of this class. It is a barn hunt practice class.

1:56 p.m., Saturday the 27th

Brother-Husband is off today, which is unusual for a Saturday. I don't know why today, perhaps someone is going on vacation, and BH's schedule is going to be all funky for the next week. That's conceivable, but I don't know if it's actually the case. Now normally on a Saturday, Snowbunny and I would go shopping, and I don't know if that'll happen this time around. I'd like it to happen. I need juice and bananas, possibly some snack food. It seems like BH and SB are doing work around the house today, and maybe she is against the idea of going shopping. Sigh

5:32 p.m., Wednesday the 31st

On Saturday, SB and I did go shopping. On Sunday, Eddie had a barn hunt practice, BH and SB took him to the practice, I went along for the ride. It was over an hour drive each way; the practice itself lasted about an hour. After we got back home, we went back out and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. It was quite good. BH and I did not watch any episodes, as it was the eve of a "Hell week" for BH, he's working six days in a row, Monday thru Saturday. On Monday and Tuesday, I had computer problems. I had to change my password. Twice. :( Then my Microsoft email program started acting up. It was just lucky for me that I had SB to help. Anyway, I have gotten behind on Polyamory.com, FetLife, and Facebook. I've also had some email exchange with my mom, that all set me back. I am attempting to catch up.

2:48 p.m., Thursday the 1st

Still not completely caught up, I am not caught up on Facebook. Eddie has his latest class today, I intend to go along for the ride. We will probably be leaving here at around 3:30 or 4:00 p.m.

I'm hungry as Hell, while trying to fast at least until we're on the road. Also I forgot to watch the time, and give the cats a heads-up that their feeders were about to go off. I am somewhat bummed about that, I beat myself up about it of course. But I'll get over it.

3:13 p.m., Friday the 2nd

I remembered to give the cats their heads-up today. Feels much better. I am partially caught up on Facebook, but not completely caught up. I expect to get completely caught up today. Snowbunny has a late day at work, she probably won't get home til about 6:00 p.m.

Last night, on the way home from Eddie's latest class, SB informed me -- for about the umpteenth millionth time -- that I did not have to go with her to these classes. I didn't say anything. It seems like nothing I ever say convinces her that I'm not just there out of some sense of obligation. It's possible SB doesn't want me to go, but highly unlikely. She doesn't do the passive-aggressive thing, if she didn't want me to go she would say so. It is kind of exasperating though that she repeatedly thinks she's forcing me to go. I want to go, okay? really.

Eddie has one more Thursday class (next week).

3:32 p.m., Sunday the 4th

BH and SB recently got back from a trip in which they dropped off SB's car at a shop for a tune-up. I asked SB if she wanted me to come along for the ride, but she said no, she wanted to spend some one-on-one time with BH. So I stayed home and worked on forum stuff. BH is now going to mow the lawn.

Yesterday, FNG and a new friend of his came over to our house to hang out, drink beer, and shoot the shit. They were here for quite awhile. Before that, SB and I went shopping. That's all I have to tell you for today.

5:31 p.m., Monday the 5th

It's sucky summer weather, 89° right now and it will get up to 89° tomorrow. Then 85° on Wednesday, after that more reasonable, 70's and very low 80's.

BH and I watched an Electric Dreams episode last night. I think there's only one episode to go, two at the most. After that, there's a British comedy BH wants to watch so we'll probably do that.

That's all I have to tell you for today.

3:48 p.m., Tuesday the 6th

It's 83° right now, and will get up to 86°. Tomorrow will get up to 84°. Then we'll have four days in the 70's, then two days in the low 80's. There is no rain in the forecast (I'm sorry to say).

Dinner last night was egg salad sandwiches, and some finger food. The egg salad was made with sriracha sauce, and was almost too hot for BH. BH is highly sensitive to hot (spicy) foods. SB only used half of what the recipe called for, but BH was still coughing and choking on it.

No episodes last night.

4:17 p.m., Wednesday the 7th

It's 79° out right now, the next four days will top out in the 70's, the next three days after that in the low 80's. Not bad for August. I'm hungry as hell right now, SB got home about 20 minutes ago, so hopefully dinner will be ready soon. Dinner last night was Domino's Pizza. Afterwards, BH and I watched an Electric Dreams episode. There's one more episode to go, don't know whether we'll watch it tonight. Probably depends on whether BH has had a rough day at work, and on when he gets home.

Did I mention I was hungry as hell? :eek:

12:35 p.m., Thursday the 8th

Dinner was ready soon, we just had some Campbell's chunky bean soup, plus some bread, I had a few small pieces of naan. For dessert I had a Snickers ice cream bar. And two bananas. And a glass of V8 pomegranate blueberry fusion juice.

No episodes.

Today is Eddie's last Thursday barn hunt class. I'm already hungry, and thirsty as well. But I'm trying to limit my intake of water, so that I don't have to go while on the road. They do have facilities at the barn hunt place (Argus Ranch), but I just prefer not to use them if I can help it. I know, I'm weird.

3:14 p.m., Friday the 9th

My youngest brother committed a crime many years ago. He had sexual relations with his underage stepdaughter. It was a messed up situation, her mom (my brother's wife at the time) encouraged what was going on. This went on for a number of years, until finally the mom/wife did an about-face and went to the police (and emailed all the relatives) about what had been going on (minus the role she herself had played as the girl's mother). At that point my brother turned himself in, he did not mention the role his wife had played, neither to the police nor to the judge. The judge sentenced him to seven years in prison. That sentence ended this year, my brother had his second/final parole hearing about a month ago.

His first hearing (two or three years prior) had gone well, he was scheduled for release at the end of the seven years, contingent on his completing the Sex Offender Treatment Program, which he did complete earlier this year. He also completed many other classes and was a model prisoner. He expressed nothing but remorse for the crimes he had committed. He was considered the lowest possible risk bracket for chance to reoffend (less than a 5% chance). His therapist sent a glowing review to the parole board, and recommended he be released. Many of his friends and relatives (me included) also wrote similar letters to the board, and many of them showed up at his hearing, so many that some had to be turned away.

Unfortunately, the girl's mom also sent a bunch of letters to the board, accusing him of additional crimes he did not commit, and she also showed up at the hearing and reiterated her accusations. As a result of her efforts, the board sentenced my brother to three more years in prison (for a total of ten). He was crushed. Our mother was devastated.

The Board of Pardons answers only to the Governor of Utah. My brother sent out a letter (delivered today by our mother via email) to all of his friends and relatives, indicating that he hoped that many of us would write to the Governor and ask that the Board's decision be reconsidered. This isn't the kind of request I would normally fulfill, but I am thinking of doing it. I'll have to choose my words with care (in this letter), I don't want to make things worse by asserting that my brother did not commit the new crimes he is accused of. At the same time, those new crimes are almost certainly the basis for the Board's decision.

It's an awful situation. :(

4:21 p.m., Saturday the 10th

I wrote the letter, well I typed it and turned it into a Word document. I'll print it and sign it, then turn it over to SB who might write a letter herself, and maybe we'll mail those to my mom who can group those with any other letters and send them to the governor all in one package. But, at this moment I can't print my letter because we have a relatively new printer, and my computer isn't talking to it yet. For that I'll need SB's help, and she is not here right now, she is at a housewarming party for a coworker. I'm bummed that I couldn't go with her, but she had to RSVP awhile ago and I guess most of the people are not bringing their significant others. As for BH, he is working today. He might get home in an hour or two.

3:04 p.m., Sunday the 11th

So today, SB got my computer talking with the printer, I printed my letter and signed it, SB wrote a letter too and printed and signed it, I combined the letters, we went shopping and bought some envelopes while at Walmart, I wrote and printed a note of explanation to my mom, for a total of three letters which I sealed in a stamped envelope addressed to be sent to my mom. SB said she would drop it in the mail on her way to work tomorrow. Honestly I have doubts of whether it will even do any good. What are the chances the governor himself will actually look at the letters, let alone respond affirmatively? which is why I don't normally fulfill this kind of request. But, I wanted to be able to say that at least I tried.

As for the housewarming party, it's probably for the best that I didn't go, SB was there for quite awhile, and got home somewhat late (c. 9:30 p.m.). She asked BH to get dinner for me and him at El Rey Burro, which he did. They make a mean, huge veggie burrito, which is what I had. About an hour after dinner, BH and I watched the first two episodes of "The Boys." (We were already done watching all the "Electric Dreams" episodes.)

1:45 p.m., Monday the 12th

We ate out for dinner yesterday (yay!), we ate out at Mariachi Alegre (yay!). While we were out, we dropped those letters in the mail. Well wouldn't you know it, today my mom sent out a group letter, saying that my brother's attorney had said we should *not* write letters to the governor! that the governor's office would merely forward any such letters to the parole board. Good thing we addressed our letters to my mom (for her to forward)! I replied with an email explaining what had happened, saying she could discard the letters when they arrived. She wrote back, saying she would hang on to the letters, and would have the lawyer look at them and tell me what the lawyer decided/said. I wrote back and said, "Sounds good." At least what we did won't be a complete waste of effort. Sigh ...

After we got back from dinner last night, BH and I watched another episode (E3).

12:23 p.m., Tuesday the 13th

It's 80° outside, today will get up to 85° and will be the hottest day of the next week. Mostly in the upper 70's and two in the low 80's. Dinner yesterday was leftovers from the housewarming party. No episodes.

2:42 p.m., Wednesday the 14th

We watched an episode last night ... E4, I believe. The Boys is a pretty good series ... sort of a, what if superheroes were corrupt, type of a thing. I recommend it.

Dinner yesterday was just TV dinners. With a few leftovers.

It's 84° outside right now, and will get up to 85°. The coming week will mostly just get into the 70's. A few days in the low 80's. Eddie has I think a barn hunt practice today. I'm planning on coming along for the ride. I have to be ready by 3:40 p.m.

2:48 p.m., Thursday the 15th

The barn hunt practice started at 5:00 p.m., and lasted about an hour. So we didn't get home so late (we got home at about 7:30 p.m.). On the way home, we picked up Burger King. BH got a Whopper Junior (plus a small fries), SB and I tried their new Impossible Whopper (vegetarian). It was good, really has the taste and texture of real meat. SB also had an onion rings; I had a small fries.

No episodes.

2:24 p.m., Friday the 16th

Dinner yesterday was a chicken/pasta dish, from the frozen section at Walmart. After dinner, SB and I took Eddie out for a walk. Then, BH and I watched most of an episode. We did not watch all of it because it was extra long, and BH still had to get up early today. We'll watch the rest of the episode maybe today, or something.

Tomorrow, SB will wake up early to take Eddie to a competition. A trial. He will get two tries at the barn hunt. Eventually, if he successfully does three tries, he will get his novice title. SB (and Eddie) will be gone for quite awhile, she won't get back probably until well after lunch. Later, there will be a big rig event (race) that BH wants to go to, not normally my cup of tea but I'm thinking I'd like to go to this one (with BH and SB). That is if they go at all, they haven't decided yet.

3:18 p.m., Saturday the 17th

Dinner yesterday was a salad with bacon and boiled egg, plus a cheese quesadilla. Pretty toothsome, all told. About 45 minutes after dinner, BH and I watched the last part of that episode (from the day before).

I'm damned hungry, and thirsty too if you know what I mean. I am fantasizing about polishing off a bottle of Irish cream. And a chunk of cheese. BH and SB are both on the road right now, BH for work (Lowe's deliveries), SB for Eddie's competition. I don't know when they'll get home, probably in a couple of hours but we'll see. Don't know if we're going to that big rig race tonight.

2:31 p.m., Sunday the 18th

HB and SB got home somewhere between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m., first SB then HB. They were both too tired to go to the big rig race. For dinner SB and I went out and picked up KFC. No episodes. Today, an hour or two ago, SB and I went shopping (Walmart).

The majority of the time, I hole up in my room, and want privacy. While at the same time, I want the cats to be able to come and go as they please. Solution: close my door most of the way but not all the way. I also have a doorstop to keep the door from swinging shut. At night, sometimes the cats knock the door wide open, spoiling my privacy. Solution: a second doorstop to keep the door from swinging either way. Problem: then SB can't get in, and she would need to get in if she needed to use my bathroom. Solution: I don't know. And it's a real problem, SB says do as I please, but she clearly hates that second doorstop. I only use it at night, and I can limit it to just when I'm in bed, but that doesn't completely solve the problem. I could of course give up my privacy ... :(

Back