Maybe I'm Not Cut Out for This...

I hope my story makes you feel better. My wife brought her best friend into our life. We were a poly triad for almost 40 years. I did not see her girlfriend behind her back because I could have all the sex with her that I wanted at home while my wife cooked us dinner. My wife said that she never got jealous because she knew I would never leave her. 45 years later and she is right.

Do not compare yourself to the other girl but rather recognize you worth in the relationship. I never felt like doing anything with my girlfriend that did not include my wife. We were a unit and if we went out dancing or to eat, we went as a threesome. If my wife could not come, we did not go out.

Also recognized NRE or new relationship excitement. A new sex partner is always going to be new and exciting because it is new and different. Believe me that after a few dozen times with my girlfriend it lost its new car smell and became routine. I always tried to make each women feel sexy and desirable. We usually did a threesome and then one on one with each other unless someone was not in the mood for more sex or any sex.

All I can tell you is that whether you worry or not, what will happen will happen. Communicate. I cannot stress that enough. Let him know about your fears so he can do something about it. If he does not, then you have your answer. Good luck and know it can work out if everyone is respectful of each others feelings.

Back