New here

HopeRemains

Hi everyone :) I'm 19 years old, female, pansexual, and single. I'm new to polyamory and would appreciate any knowledge you'd like to share. I'm a part time student in college studying to become a vet tech. I live with my family and my 3 cats in upstate New York. I love animals and children and want to have a whole bunch of both one day :) I'm Wiccan and proud but I love and accept people of all faiths. I'm a bit of a nerd and I'm completely obsessed with Harry Potter. I like to write, play my clarinet, and take care of animals. I don't know many poly people in real life so I'm really happy to have found this forum :)

Last edited:
Welcome. :) What sparked your interest in polyamory? Have you always kind of known you were poly or did you randomly read about it somewhere or something? So many people have different stories about how it came to light for them.

I don't get to classify myself as Harry Potter-obsessed anymore because I whole-heartedly disagree with the end of the series. And while the movies are great entertainment, I don't think they live up to the books AT ALL. lol Oh, well. I'm more of a bibliomaniac anyway.

I think I've always known but I never knew it was an actual "thing" until quite recently, if that makes sense. I first found out about polyamory on a boring, rainy day when I was browsing Wikipedia and thought it sounded fascinating. I just had to know more. So ever since then I've been reading everything I can get my hands on trying to find out as much as I can.

Not to get too off topic, but what didn't you like about the ending of Harry Potter? I liked it a lot, although there were a few things I would have changed.

I am in the "Harry should have died (for real)" camp. The entire series was leading up to the point where Harry would have to die to kill of the final part of Voldemort. By letting him die and be resurrected or by only making the curse kill the piece of Voldemort within Harry without actually killing Harry (2 of the most prevalent arguments about what happened at the end, I believe) seemed really cowardly to me.

His entire life served the purpose of defeating Voldemort. What the heck is he supposed to do now? Sure, he can have a family, but who would ever take a former boy-wonder seriously? He has 2 sincere friends, everyone else uses him for his fame and prestige. If he had died, he would have been with the parents he had always wanted. The wizard world would have had a true hero. By having him survive, the amazing feat of defeating Voldemort can be overshadowed by the mediocrity of the rest of his life whereas if he would have died, everyone would ALWAYS remember what had happened with nothing to taint it.

To me, Harry was set up like a classic hero throughout the series and then at the last second his fate is reversed. Instead of getting to have peace and be with his family and mentor, he gets to survive for who knows how many years dealing with people bugging him about his scar, making him relive terrible moments of his life, and generally harassing him because he was the Boy Who Lived.

Tangent over. lol Sorry 'bout that. Starting at age 10, I was expecting Harry to die in a fantastic battle to end all battles. At age 18, I was epically disappointed that the event I had been waiting on for years was never going to happen. It's what I get for reading fiction. :D

Hi HopeRemains,
Just wanted to add my own welcome to the forum.

There's a lot to learn about polyamory, so take your time and check out the different threads on this site. You sound like a cool person, and I'm betting the people you meet in your life will (rightly) count themselves fortunate.

I still count myself as something of a newbie here, so we will be newbies together. :) It's good to meet you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

I am in the "Harry should have died (for real)" camp. The entire series was leading up to the point where Harry would have to die to kill of the final part of Voldemort. By letting him die and be resurrected or by only making the curse kill the piece of Voldemort within Harry without actually killing Harry (2 of the most prevalent arguments about what happened at the end, I believe) seemed really cowardly to me.

His entire life served the purpose of defeating Voldemort. What the heck is he supposed to do now? Sure, he can have a family, but who would ever take a former boy-wonder seriously? He has 2 sincere friends, everyone else uses him for his fame and prestige. If he had died, he would have been with the parents he had always wanted. The wizard world would have had a true hero. By having him survive, the amazing feat of defeating Voldemort can be overshadowed by the mediocrity of the rest of his life whereas if he would have died, everyone would ALWAYS remember what had happened with nothing to taint it.

To me, Harry was set up like a classic hero throughout the series and then at the last second his fate is reversed. Instead of getting to have peace and be with his family and mentor, he gets to survive for who knows how many years dealing with people bugging him about his scar, making him relive terrible moments of his life, and generally harassing him because he was the Boy Who Lived.

Tangent over. lol Sorry 'bout that. Starting at age 10, I was expecting Harry to die in a fantastic battle to end all battles. At age 18, I was epically disappointed that the event I had been waiting on for years was never going to happen. It's what I get for reading fiction. :D

Yeah, I have to admit, Harry surviving didn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm kind of glad he didn't die, because he's one of my favorite characters, but I can see your point. :)

Hi HopeRemains,
Just wanted to add my own welcome to the forum.

There's a lot to learn about polyamory, so take your time and check out the different threads on this site. You sound like a cool person, and I'm betting the people you meet in your life will (rightly) count themselves fortunate.

I still count myself as something of a newbie here, so we will be newbies together. :) It's good to meet you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thank you. :) It's nice to meet you too.

Just wanted to add my welcome to the forum from a fellow New York Stater! :)

Welcome! My boyfriend and I are relatively new to the world of polyamory as well. We have had some experiences and would like to meet someone to help complete our family or if it doens't work out have more friends in the polyamory world. We are animal lovers as well and live right outside Saratoga.. Feel free to message us anytime we would love to chat more.

S and C

Hi everyone :) I'm 19 years old, female, pansexual, and single. I'm new to polyamory and would appreciate any knowledge you'd like to share. I'm a part time student in college studying to become a vet tech. I live with my family and my 3 cats in upstate New York. I love animals and children and want to have a whole bunch of both one day :) I'm Wiccan and proud but I love and accept people of all faiths. I'm a bit of a nerd and I'm completely obsessed with Harry Potter. I like to write, play my clarinet, and take care of animals. I don't know many poly people in real life so I'm really happy to have found this forum :)

Back