Happy!

punkrockmomma

I wanted to gush a little, because my "trinity of awesomeness" has been doing so well lately :)

Since we put a relationship agreement in place, created a mutual google calendar and closed things off for a while to stabilize everything, our relationship is growing leaps and bounds. We have started having seperate date nights, so our individual relationships can grow in the ways they needed to, and my partners have been gradually getting to know my son....which makes me really happy.

I've been having a rough time with my ex-husband/best friend, his girlfriend is uncomfortable with our friendship and the changes being made to our dynamic have been hurtful. But my sweeties have really risen to the occasion and been so supportive. I'm really proud of them, and how hard they've been trying :)

Me too.

He asked that I accept the changes that are happening, because it was inevitable that changes would happen. I plainly said our 15 year friendship and co-parenting relationship holds the same weight as your present relationship, and I don't have to accept changes that cause me to feel uncomfortable and sad. He can't have seperate expectations for his girlfriend, than me. If they are willing to negotiate some mutually agreed upon boundaries I'm in...to which I've gotten no response.

But hey, it can't be roses all the time. My peeps have been amazing lately though - we woke up and had coffee in bed this morning, joked around, made plans for the week. It was pretty great - I didn't think there would be a day that I could say that I love two people at once, but I do :)

Yay for a happy update! There should be a gushing forum for that purpose. Sometimes I feel so happy with my relationship, I just want to go on and read something positive about someone else. There are a lot of people asking for advice, but few who are just sharing to share. So, thank you!

I am having a good time in my own relationships too, if that makes you feel good as well. My new bf (2mos) is getting the hang of communicating honestly and immediately. He held something back to spare my feelings, but I ended up getting upset because he wasn't talking to me and I felt like he was changing his mind about me. So we had a good chat today and we each came out feeling better about it. SIGH OF RELIEF. I have gotten so attached to this fellow, I am glad that things are working out so well.

Keep up the positive posting, whenever possible!

Aw, thank you :)

I'm glad to hear things are going well with your new bf too! It felt nice to finally post something positive, and to see that other people feel the same way makes me even happier.

Onward and upward!

Back