Personal Summaries

Anyone in Victoria b.c.?

Hi. I am in my early thirties and wanting to meet polygon couples and women in Victoria.

Bi, ( Pansexual ) Gender Fluid Male in So Cal

My name is Darrin. I'm fully Bi, and really, I'm Pansexual; I adore androgyny and gender bending/blending people. I'm a part-time, passable cross dresser.
I do go out in public, this is not just for the bedroom, but it's not full-time, hence I identify as Gender Fluid. I have been married in the past, and I have experimented with multiple sex partners in the past. I am involved somewhat in the local Fetish scene here in Southern California ( Orange County ), but that is for "spicing things up", not a 24/7 lifestyle. I'm new to Cali, and I love it here, so there is very little chance that I would ever move away from here ( unless it's to another warm locale without winter, that is! ). I would consider Northern Cali, or Oregon and Washington states.

After much soul searching, experience, and consideration, I know that I'm wired for Poly, therefore I'm seeking a poly situation. That could either mean finding a partner to start a poly situation with, or joining an existing couple. My preference would be to start something new. It might be difficult to be an equal part of a relationship that is already established, but not impossible with the right people. My preference would also be with a M/F couple, but I'm open to all possibilities.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a photo on my profile, by the way.

I'm smart, fun, creative, employed, and emotionally stable. if i sound like your cup of tea, please contact me.

Last edited:
Hi

Now to attempt a introduction.
I am a 42 year old man who has always thought of poly, but the beliefs I was raised with made that not an option.

I have recently become a born again atheist :) after all we are all born atheists.
enough of this, now for the poly

I am married and long story short I am interested in learning more about poly

feel free to ask me any questions and I will answer most if not all of them

New Orleans

I am 25 (female, bicurious) and he is 26 (heterosexual).

We have been in a mono relationship for almost ten years. We have a great relationship. We are each other's best friend. We have great communication and wonder if there isn't anything we can't overcome. We are both sci-fi readers and that's what introduced us to the idea of poly.

We are poly noobs and are still in the research phase. We have been considering it for a long time, but are almost ready to make the jump. After nearly 10 years together and a long life ahead of us, we don't want to stagnate. Also, he is a very sexual person while I am not. We don't want to break up, but we want us both to be satisfied (me not feeling obligated to having sex all the time, and him still being sexually satisfied).

Our biggest challenge is finding a local poly community. We'd love to meet others in this community, but can't find much in our area.

I'm glad we found this forum.

After nearly 17 years of marriage, my wife and I decided last March to open our relationship. While I'm allergic to labels and generally don't want to join anyone's club, "polyamory" comes closest to how I think about relationships.

My wife and I don't have many presuppositions about what our life and our network of relationships will eventually look like. As a starting point, we regard ourselves as individuals, committed to one another and to our children, who are each, on our own, open to forming intimate relationships of various kinds with other people, with friendship as the foundation of each.

Each of us is just getting started, but early signs are promising.

Last edited:
Hello out there

Hello all,
Yes I am new here and came across this site from a search. I am married and have always wondered what I was missing in my life. I have 'cheated' on my husbands(plural) and I think I just get bored. I have loved them all and I do have affection for anyone I have ever had sex with. When I heard of this, I thought- wow this is what I have been searching for lol. Now that I am here, where do I go from here? I read the guidlines, rules and options but since I am not a poly and I would like to be in a relationship as one, can anyone push me in the right direction? (I hope I am in the right spot lol)

Hi guys

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have been together 12yrs married 10.
After many struggles and talk of divorce, and the idea of an open relationship, we started to get close with a friend of ours and during online research discovered the term “Polyamorous” and the difference between polygamy and poly-amorous relationships. The idea of this was absolutely perfect for our situation.

For simplicity's sake:
Me: Dera (30)
Wife: Lily (31)
Girlfriend: Yuna (23)
Child (me and Lily): Monster (4)

I will post detailed information about our status where I can on the site, but for right now, we've been together semi-officially for about 3 weeks to a month. The only sexual activity between any of us is directly between Lily and I at this time, though the desire is there to go further when possible. (details necessary, will post in more appropriate post), at this time we are planning on keeping the relationship closed between the three of us with the plan of longterm-ness.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the boards, once everyone is here and registered, I hope to drop the nicknames if for no other reason than a formal introduction.

Hi, I'm Mari82. I'm a 29 year old chick from California. Not married. No kids. I've been in a heterosexual, monogamous relationship with a guy for almost 5 years, which I consider my first "adult" relationship, since it's been the longest, and he was my first sexual partner.

So, I've been very poly curious (is that a real term?) for quite some time now, but I have zero experince with it. Right now I'm reading "Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships", by Tristan Taormino. It's been incredibly insightful. I've also been friends with a married couple for around 7 years, and it was their open marriage that first introduced me to the concept and sparked my interest. I love them, but I wouldn't say they're the best example. The guy has boundary issues, for one thing. He's a bit bipolar and needy, and (without crossing the line too much), has tried to initiate physical contact that I didn't want, even after I told him I wasn't interested several times. You'd think that would put me off to the idea. But luckily, my bad experiences with him haven't ruined my opinion of polyamory in general, and I think this may even be a lifestyle I'm more suited for than monogamy.

The only hitch (and it's a big one) is that it's most likely not right for my boyfriend. I haven't directly asked for an open relationship (yet), but I've tested the waters bringing it up in conversation. He doesn't seem warm to the idea. This is pretty big, because it means that if I truly want to explore this lifestyle, I'll probably have to end this relationship. To be honest, we've been growing apart, and have faced some vital incompatibility issues lately. We're hot and cold on a lot of things: common interests, intimacy styles, needs, wants, etc. We love each other, but it seems that whatever we do might not be enough. I want to say that by no means am I trying to use polyamory to skirt the issues in my relationship, or avoid the confrontation of a break up. If that happens, it will happen for other reasons. But polyamory is something I'd be interested in exploring, no matter what.

So, that's my little intro. I look forward to getting to know you guys :)

I am a 38 year old female from the UK. Never married. No kids. Am having a lovely relationship with one of my oldest friends after a long period of us not seeing each other.

For the moment, it seems right for both of us that this be a monogamous relationship.

My partner has been in poly relationships for much of his life and it may be that it is something that we explore in time.

Hi, I'm Storm, 30, living in Australia though originally from the U.S. I came here when I was 18 for a relationship. I've wondered for a long time if something was wrong with me in my ability to have a 'healthy' relationship. I have only been in monogamous relationships but I have felt for at least 7 years now that I can love more than one person at a time without this effecting my love for who I'm with currently. Almost a year ago this was finally tested in reality, quite accidental, but it answered a lot of questions even though it ended very badly concerning the third person involved.

I am currently in a mono relationship and have been with her (I'm a lesbian) for just over 4 years now. I love her completely yet I know I can and did love another woman at the same time. Even after the bad experience we both had 10 months ago we both still feel we could love another woman (though my partner has doubts). I guess the closest thing we'd describe ourselves as wanting from the definitions here would be a triad.

Anyway, I could go on, but I'll just read posts and start to learn my way around here and read people's stories.

Hey i'm Laluna, I live in Queensland, Australia and am 20 years old.

I've spent the last 3 years in a monogomous relationship, this is the first serious relationship i've been in. We have a 5 yr old daughter, the sunshine of my life. She is techniqually my step daughter, but has no other woman in her life, and i've been living with her since she was two. So we have definately claimed each other as mother and daughter.

I am the oldest of four children and come from a rather unstable/abusive family. I feel an incrediable amount of responsibility toward my younger siblings 11, 15 and 19. I have done everything i can to impove their situation and have had the 15yr old spending 2-5 days a week with me for about 2 years. I wish that i could save them, this has been a ceaseless battle on my behalf, but there seems to be nothing more i can do but pick up the pieces. I loath having no controle, will always be there for them, but my parents drive me insane!

I have been studying ceramic art for the past two years, focusing on figurative sculpture with porcelain. I am extreamly passionate about what i do and believe i need to take a bit of time to myself to purse this. I need to prove to my self i can be an independant person and hunger for my freedom. I want to come to better understand myself and the essance of love.

Whilst being in a monogomous relationship i have had feelings for other people throughout our relationship. I was open about polyamory before we got together, but my partner couldn't accept this and i caved in to his side of seeing things for awhile. this has always left me feeling guilty and confussed, as a practacing monogomous it seemed a betrayal to have thoughts of other people.

My partner and i are now in the process of ending/changing our relationship, the parametres of this change are as of yet undefined. Techniqually we have broken up, but we love each other and are very close, more open with each other than we have been previously and we're living thouroughly in the moment. we're moving apart in two weeks, so time will tell. i am confident that we will always be in each others lives, as we do have a child together, and he seems to be more open minded at the possibility of a poly relationship, but this is as of yet untested.

I'm moving interstate to continue my studies. I haven't recieved my offers yet so at the moment i'm looking at NSW or SA. road trip! this is very exciting for me as i've lived in the same region all my life and rarely left the state. i can't wait to stretch my wings alittle and see what the future brings.

Trying for short!

Hi! My name is Marinia. I am 19. I am female. I am pansexual I am in my first poly amorous relationship. I was in a monogamous relationship for 4 years. It was closed and committed, so I thought. I wanted more commitment but he didn't and there were issues. I broke it off. I had never considered a poly relationship for myself. But I am very open minded. I thought I would try one if I had the chance. Alas I did! I am with a male and female. T (male) and B (female). We have had a pretty rocky time... But we love each other. We are good to each other. We all live to make the others happy. I think it's pretty much resolved now, except a few small bumps. We call each other a family. We reassure the others with the cliche, all for one and one for all. It works. I'm not sure I want to be specific about our beginnings... It was not so good or honest. We're happy now though. I feel like I could write 6 pages on it ^.^
T and B love me.
T loves me more than he loves B, which is confusing and hurts B at times.
B loves me almost equally to T, but less than him.
T was with B before me, they've been together for 4 years, on/off. They've cheated on each other, treated the other like dirt. I popped into the picture in a similar fashion. Again long story. They are both more honest though now.
B is my first female anything, emotionally (I've had crushes, but nothing like this) and sexually.
B gets jealous often which sucks. I encourage them to be intimate. I like sex. They do too. They don't have to censor themselves in fear of me being upset. I am easy going. B and I differ greatly. I have more interests that T holds and I look more like what T likes. B gets self conscious and has low self esteem. I love being with them, but feel bad for coming into the picture and kind of in a sense stealing T. We're all together, but there's complications. Sorry it's not too short or revealing. Maybe I'll post more about it elsewhere <3 this idea of a website!!!
Our relationship equation:
B+T+M
B<M and T>M
What I wished it was T=M=B
But I do think I have more of an attachment to T.

Last edited:
Newbie Here...

Hi all
I am new here,also somewhat new to the poly lifestyle,however my husband (now of 3 years ) and I were both in open marriages before,wasnt much into that type of relationship this time around.
So after and lot of talking and soul searching we have decided to start seeking a 2nd Brother/Husband.
This we think is what we both were looking before in our previous marriages,but neither of us had spouse's that were interested.

Live on a small hobby farm of 5 acres in SW Missouri,love animals,outdoors,fishing,camping,swimming,spending time on our farm with our many many animals and peace and quite. Out of the rat race.

Both of us love children,ours have grown up moved on with our grandbabies,so it's just he and I and our new babies (animals)

Hoping to meet new friends and such on here,any and all information we can get that anyone has to offer...

We both love to make new friends,and that isnt really easy where we live with not knowing many people (new to Missouri as well ) and we know noone personaly who is into anytype of alternative relationships,seems like that sort of thing is either taboo here or kept in the closet..:confused:

Oh well So glad I found this site,cant wait to jump right in

Thanks so much for the oppertunity to be able to share our new lives here..:)

A Husband of 16 years and a new boyfriend

Hi, very new to Polyamory, never heard the term before until my husband told me about this forum after our newest development.

We have been swinging for 6 years, mostly one sided. We just found it easier for me to have male friends and I have had many. Always searching for a “repeat offender” as I would call it. My theory was, “it’s like wine, gets better with time.” There were a few who went beyond the one time encounter, some quite a few and I always shared all the details with my husband...

A few months ago I met a man 19 years younger than me and it was instant connection. Incredible passion. We are beautiful together!!! ( I have always had a thing for younger men ) He knew I was married and open and it was no big deal. We dated for over a month, with very intimate sexual encounters. One day he decided he couldn’t do it. He was extremely confused about his future and what he wanted. We texted for a week, saying how miserable we both were without each other’s passion. Once night early in December he asked me to go have a drink, and we have been inseparable ever since. He spends 3-4 nights at my house, in my bed and leaves in the morning, before I need to start my day with my family. Jokingly I told him he just needs to move in…

Not sure where this will go or how long it will last, but I will take it for as long as we can. My husband is very supportive and he knows that he is my soul, and that our family will always be our family.

Thanks for letting me get this out there.

Crazy Love…

My Profile

I am blessed with the capacity to be several things at once, combined with the capacity to challenge the ease with which people slot individuals into neat categories, adding a stereotyped label.

I work a lot. For almost no pay. I like making fantasies come true. I am not afraid of my own body. I look at the world and see the beauty in it.

I'm enjoying the ride at the moment. I have some awesome people in my life that I am very grateful for. Looking to add to that number.

I try to keep my life simple because life in general has become very complex. I'm easy-going, laid-back and do not welcome scandal into my life.

I'm a very private person and keep to myself and my close friends. I prefer not to answer personal questions than to lie or mislead. I'm not ashamed of what I am, but I don't broadcast.

I'm a free-spirit that doesn't stay in one place too long, but cultivates strong relationships with people all over the world.

I'm very open minded sexually, and very little shocks or appals me. Though not everything is my cup of tea, I am open to exploring.

I'm fairly hairy. Most of the time unshaven. I'm not that tall, not very muscular and I'm not blonde. So I'm probably not what you are looking for.

Hobbies:
Travel, dining and food in general, reading, music, photography, watching films and theatre, kayaking, comic books, swimming, baseball, the beach, biking, public nudity, video games, board games, words with friends, museums, art, cuddling, hiking, camping, enjoying life, computers, being a nerd, bbqing, having fun with friends.

I don't watch tv, but have several computers. I have netflix.

I'm looking for:
Fun, friendships and perhaps love.

Looking for friends who are open-minded and/or educated.

I prefer kissing non-smokers. I try to stay away from people who abuse substances.

I'm open to long term triad relationships. But only if I'm joining an existing strong relationship based on mutual respect.

I am a meat eater (get your mind out of the gutter) and that is not likely to change. But I respect those who are vegetarian or vegan. Just know, if you shack up with me, the smell of bovine murder will permeate the household.

Life is too short to compile a long list of "preferences" that might exclude someone amazing from your life.

I appreciate wit.

HI ! I in open marriage for last 8 years. I have been in poly since I was in high school and I came out bisexual when I was 21. :) I am currently involved in six different types of poly relationships. I am in considered monopoly but my husband is still looking for a gf but is very straight and has no desire to have a 3some either. He wants a gf with a relationship with her only & that is not a issue for me either. I think that every relationship has a important part in your life no matter it works for each person involved. :)

Hi there. One half of a very happily-married poly couple here, living in Washington State. Poly "in theory" for some time, but still relatively new "in practice."

About me: I'm late twenties, ex-military. Grad student pursuing a humanities degree. I'm currently in the early stages of a new poly involvement -- not our first, certainly, but full of many firsts for me. My partners are both good friends, as I am good friends with the husband of my new partner. This has been a new thing, very scary and confusing, but I feel like I'm learning a lot -- not least of which about trust and self-discipline. It's funny, people think of the poly lifestyle as this very hedonistic thing, and it's not. I've learned more about restraint and decorum and self-denial in the last two months that at any other time in my life.

At the same time, however, there's the challenges of living poly in a mono world. Our lifestyle is a very closely-guarded secret, and as such it's hard to talk frankly with friends about the struggles and doubts that come with it. Which is why I'm here. I'm looking to sort out my own feelings in all this right now; I'm wrestling with a lot of questions of how to grow and better myself as a partner. I'm not really interested in new attachments, but I'm certainly not above new friendships, and even a bit of casual flirting is okay. But for right now? Just trying to learn the ropes.

Last edited:
Welcome to the polyworld ! :)

HI Seth,
I understand about living a very closed guarded lifestyle. I know that Washington state can some very conservative areas to live because I used to live in wenatchee,wa for a while. Have you found that there a support groups on Facebook that can help us poly people. I belong to a closed community on Facebook but I can invite people though so maybe that might a social outlet ya.
saphirepassion

Back