looking for someone to talk to

RavenWolfbird

hi
I'm dating a girl who is poly, and I am too. We have been together for two years now. she has not met other during these two years. and not so long ago, I realized that I was not have been really fair with her ​​during those years. she has felt trapped. and when we talked so I said that I should give her more time and more breathing space. and I'm working on it. but it does not feel as if I have her support. to start meeting others. it feels as if she thinks it'll just happen like that. so I'm looking for people I can talk to about this. I do not know who I can talk to I do not know where I'll turn. because I would like to talk to someone who can think to be a bit of mentor for me. I would probably just want try to and overcoming the fears I have. so could anyone help me?

Sincerely raven

Welcome Raven. Why don't you try looking around at the many threads on the board relating specifically to what you think your issues are?

If you are both poly, but both afraid to actually meet others, why is this and what are you going to do about it?

hi

hi and thx
i will do that.
it is just me who is afraid to meet others. well i don't know. that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I think I know how you feel .. .

Hi there Raven,

I think i know how you are feeling, My Master and I have been together almost 2 years but LDR we always wanted poly but there is something stopping me, I am not sure what it is because I am bisexual so I love women too. You would think that I would be jumping at this idea and I am, but thats just it the idea I dont know if I can do it ?

Sorry if this doesnt help, but sometimes hearing your not alone can be a good thing :)

There seem to be two issues going on here. One is that you think your partner needs space. The other is you feel she is not supportive of you going out and finding a poly friend/relationship. Are these things linked in some way you didn't mention? More of a background here would be useful.

Back