Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 08:37 PM

Word from the house is that lil mama cat has had 4 babies, so far, and still *looks* pregnant, so maybe not done. I seriously have no idea how she stashed so many kittens in there, I was thinking another 2 or 3 tops! But she is doing well, and all but one of the kittens are also doing well. One of them, I hear, might not make it, but seeing as how yesterday we mostly expected to lose all of them and mama cat, too, I'd say this isn't too terrible.

Also...we'll be concerned with finding homes for all of these kitties, fortunately the area has a lot of good no-kill shelter orgs...but yeah, the loss of one at this stage would kinda suck but it wouldn't be the end of the world, I guess.

Analyst, Fire & Hefe My poly quad from August 2015 to July 2016. Still dear & loved friends.

Blood:
Ninja- 19, Son
Q- 16, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 02-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Update on kittens...

Five living now thus far, the lil runt who was having a hard time last night, got bottle fed some cat milk and is now strong enough to fight for his place with the others.

And I really mean that.

Watching them nurse, it was "Kitten Wars." They can't each find a spot, and make use of Mom's more than adequate facilities...nope. Like three of them have to fight over one nipple, frantically squeaking and pawing at each other. Feisty little beasts.

Her belly still seems hard and a bit distended, so we think there may be more yet to come. So...many...kittehs....

This has been the highlight of my week thus far.

But tonight begins the celebrations of the Analyst's birthday. We have a March Fourth Marching Band concert tonight (one of few musical acts that will actually get my self-conscious and clumsy self dancing around) and another, more theatrical event tomorrow, then a "Bloody Valentine" play party at the BDSM club on Saturday. I ordered him a cool gift but it has yet to arrive.

This actually isn't that big a deal, he ordered me something super cool for Christmas, which didn't arrive until after my birthday. But it was one of THE COOLEST gifts anyone has ever given me. It was a huge print on fancy textured heavy vinyl banner material, of the Vigo the Carpathian painting from Ghostbusters 2!! I can't wait to move into my own place so I can find it a home on a wall....it's AMAZING.

I hope he likes his gift as much as I love mine...but I won't say here what it is until after he gets it, because it's always possible he'll find his way here and read my stuff (which would be totally fine of course.)

Then next weekend I've got the Zen Sadist's birthday to do stuff for...busy busy happy times!!

Analyst, Fire & Hefe My poly quad from August 2015 to July 2016. Still dear & loved friends.

Blood:
Ninja- 19, Son
Q- 16, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 02-11-2016, 05:52 PM

I know I'm supposed to inhabit certain gender and orientation roles as a heterosexual man but OMG KITTENS!!!!! How can you think of anything else??
Old 02-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAndFuture View Post
I know I'm supposed to inhabit certain gender and orientation roles as a heterosexual man but OMG KITTENS!!!!! How can you think of anything else??
I know, right?? It's tough.

This is also the most homogeneous group of kittens I've ever seen. Mom is a Russian Blue and it is thought that Dad might have been, too. (She is papered, he just has the appearance thereof. She escaped briefly and got knocked up, it is strongly believed that the neighbor's tom cat back in Tennessee is the daddy-cat.)

So all of the babies look black, but there is a bit of a silvery grey sheen there that tells us they might lighten up to more dark silvery coloration...they are adorable little squeaky things.

And we're actually having very good luck in finding people who want to adopt them once they are old enough, so it looks like finding them homes won't even be a huge hassle! Wow, am I relieved about that!!

It's funny...I tell these stories about the drama in my life sometimes and one would think I must be really negative. Worried, stressed, unhappy. I certainly have plenty of excuses to be. But it ain't so. I don't take for granted one ounce of happiness that life gives me, and I firmly believe that all of the trials and hardships are just temporary. To be coped with now, perhaps, but just around the corner is a future where this or that problem is in the past.

So. Sure. My ex is a pain. Money kinda sucks right now. But dude...I've got KITTENS at home. My life is great!

Blood:
Ninja- 19, Son
Q- 16, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 02-11-2016, 06:33 PM

Gosh, the little mama cat is a hero! I hope she gets the rest of the kittens out OK. They sound so pretty. Glad you saved the runt!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 02-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Isn't raising kittens fun? Our daughter The Actress took care of two mamma cats and their litters over two summers a few years ago. One litter had five and the other six kittens, and the hardest part was letting the kittens go (even though they all went to good homes). We did keep the runt of the first litter and she is a happy part of the home.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:43 PM

Well first things first...

The kittens got to a point within a few days where you couldn't tell one from another. There wound up being a total of five living. But then one of them got a nasty infection, his eyes were swollen up HUGE and it happened very quickly. The prognosis was bad, like best case scenario was blindness, worst was a very painful death. The decision was made to euthanize that baby.

However, there are four still, and they are all doing very well. Mama cat is back to her feisty ways, that whole "I want you to pet me but I also want to bite you" attitude she's got. She's bullying my poor Nimbus cat.

The Analyst's birthday celebrations were last week, we went to see March Fourth Marching Band, one of my favorite musical acts, on Thursday night and then a strange little semi-burlesque theater...thing...called Babette's Dream Carousel on Friday night. Then the "Bloody Valentine's Day" party at the BDSM club on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday.

Now it is my Sadist's birthday tomorrow, and I'm hoping I can make it just as special. I have been struggling to make a painting for him, but unfortunately my mojo just isn't cooperating so I haven't succeeded in doing what I wanted to...still, I have plenty of fun stuff planned. I get ridiculously stressed trying to do the right things for the people I love for special days.

Fire and Hefe have gone to Acapulco for a long weekend. I was invited, but I couldn't get away so far for so long, with the situation at home as it is and all. And I couldn't really afford it either. I'm enjoying the pictures, though.

Blood:
Ninja- 19, Son
Q- 16, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 02-19-2016, 11:11 PM

Wow, your roommate's cat is a little fighter! I am so glad she pulled through and most of the kittens made it!

That was a lot of entertainment over V-day/birthday weekend! Wow, I am envious! We went to a Fetish conference/flea market and that was pretty fun, but it was just one day lol
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 02-22-2016, 10:45 PM

Well, we had another birthday this last weekend to celebrate. This time it was my Zen Sadist, and he and I are apart in our own little satellite relationship thing, so it was the two of us. Unfortunately we both are just recovering from a cold...in my case it wasn't much of anything but he was pretty sick early last week. So we kind of took it easy. Friday night I treated him to a bison steak dinner, and we watched some movies at his place. Saturday, a party at the BDSM club, where I brought cake and gelato...and last night we saw Deadpool and then went up to Denver for a pyro meeting (fire play.) The pyro class was actually pretty lowkey compared to usual, two of the people (the owner of the space and the guy who teaches the class) who are usually real funny characters, were also feeling a little under the weather. And the class was on all things safety...which, while necessary and important, isn't really one of the flashier or more fun topics. Still though. I dressed up in pretty girl clothes, which isn't typical of me, but appreciated by my lover, and we did have a very nice weekend!

Hefe and Fire should be home from Acapulco today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to stories!!

On the home front, the ex is still a nasty piece of work, the housemates are working on getting charitable assistance and getting out on their own. My older son is doing his best ninja impersonation and being quietly absent from the house whenever possible (at the library or with his girlfriend)...and my younger son continues to hide out in his room. Everyone is holding their breath and hoping it all works out in the next few weeks for most of us to move out without too much drama.

It is horrible really, dealing with my ex, much as I try to keep my chin up and my head and heart in the right place. I felt very used during our marriage. His understanding of love is to need and want someone. Mine is to give care and feel obligated. This is what we know how to give, and this is what we need to receive, in order to feel loved. I want someone to think of me, occasionally do nice things for me, and enjoy spending time with me and having meaningful conversations. He wants to be needed, as he himself is so needy, which is why he's tried with addicts and desperate women, I think, to form a relationship. Maybe why he was so into me in the first place since I was just an 18 year old kid then, I don't know. But his kind of love just left me feeling used. Drained and used up. And the moment I withdrew my love and physical affection from him, and gave it to people who appreciate and reciprocate, his "love" has turned to hate. He's apparently been calling me "that whore" to pretty much anyone who will listen, now. While I don't care what he thinks, it hurts to realize that feeling used all of those years he said he loved me, was right...the moment I "took" the "thing" he "had" away from him, he hated me and would just as soon see me suffer and die. He did not love me. He loved having possession and access to me. If I'm not his "thing" then I am nothing of value at all, to him.

It makes me terribly sad. Mostly because I feel like I did so much for him and wasted half of my life on him. And he didn't even care to know me.

And it makes me terribly angry. Because apparently no matter how kind, patient, nurturing or generous you are, no matter the sacrifices you make, to some men, a woman's morality and worth as a person has only to do with her sexual choices and nothing else.

Nevermind the fact that my sex life is nowhere near as wild and happenin' as my ex thinks it is. I really don't think I get laid more often now than I did when I was married, despite having four partners. We're all busy and older adults and often enough we're content to relax together. It's no nonstop orgy, that's for sure.

I know that the man who calls a woman names is probably the bitter one who isn't getting any love from her. It just still sucks. Half my damn life, you know? *sigh*

Blood:
Ninja- 19, Son
Q- 16, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 02-23-2016, 02:36 PM

Ah Spork - I can feel the sadness emanating from this post! Feeling like that is definitely not love and he is very very bitter indeed!

Really the fact that he and all his current entourage are still there is proof of your care and humaneness. I'd have kicked them all out by now, or moved out myself.