Unicorns?

meganandkristen

We have been together for three years on saint patties day. We have dated a few people in a FFF relationship and only really date as a couple. We talk and get to know people separate however do everything together. We are here to get some information and see if there maybe are any unicorns out there. We are very open as a couple and love meeting new people.

That just depends on who you ask. I mean if you are literally looking for a magic horse then yes they are lol. But if you are looking for that rare amazing person to complete your Triad. Who would be able to be fully committed to two people I beg to differ ;)

I am by no means claiming it to be easy. . However I do know it is possible! I have seen a few rare cases and know some people VERY close who have found a few great "unicorns" Out there :D

Greetings meganandkristen,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I see no problem in what you're looking for, just so long as that "magical third person" is someone you'll treat well and eye-to-eye as an equal and a fellow human/lover. No fundamental objectifying, 'kay? Oh and have patience ...

The Dating & Friendships subforum may prove helpful in your search. Also I know of some links to poly-friendly dating sites and group searches. Let me know if that'd help ...

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Annds only if you see it that way. Some people say the fact I call myself a bitchy princess is demeaning, I just call it truth. If someone is not for being the magically perfect fit that is amazing in our eyes and has us shocked they chose us... then hey that's just not our kind of lady ;) however thanks for the pointer love!

Meh

*sigh*

Few women want to be called a Unicorn, it is just so awfully objectifying.
:(

They're sort of like the Manic Pixie Dream Girls of polyamory.

As a young bisexual female who is somewhat attractive, I still feel as though the Unicorn ideal is unattainable. I might be disease free, but I'm down with the other D, so long as they don't involve needles. I also feel like... I don't know. I get this uncomfortable feeling that the expectations are high. Plus, they usually don't want you to see other people and confine your love to the triad. As a relationship anarchist, the mere thought makes me feel encumbered

Okay, Mr. Dum-a-Quad here, but ... what's the other D?

I might be disease free, but I'm down with the other D, so long as they don't involve needles.
Okay, Mr. Dum-a-Quad here, but ... what's the other D?

Drugs, as in "Drugs & Disease Free" - something you see in personal ads a lot. That, and HWP (Height & Weight Proportionate). Some folks really like to make a list of requirements!

Last edited:
Drugs, as in "Drugs & Disease Free" - something you see in personal ads a lot. That, and HWP (Height & Weight Proportionate). Some folks really like to make a list of requirements!

Haha, my guess was it was the the D of BDsm (also worked with the needles comment), though I couldn't quite follow the connection

I am by no means claiming it to be easy. . However I dcc laimio know it is possible! I have seen a few rare cases and know some people VERY close who have found a few great "unicorns" Out there :D

The triads that I have seen working out was just organic. No creepy craigsliat ads claiming to be a couple looking for something different than all the other couples looking to "complete their family" it was 3 people coming together out of friendship and naturally progressing to more.

And ive never seen bitv100% equal. How is that even possible? What if someone moves slower emotionally? What if new girl likes one parter enough forbsur and friendship but has romantic love for th e other? That isn't 100% equal. Love us both the same or not at all? What if new partnerbring Ewww ask up with one but wanted to continue seeing the other? Does she get the boot?

At the end of the day OP, few (if any)of us have ever seen long term success by anyone looking for a Unicorn, though people may have had success falling into a triad relationship naturally after dating separately.

Re: Drugs & Disease Free ... aha, I see the connection; thanks NYC.

Back