why MOD APPROVAL needed ???

LoveEvolved

I'm just wondering why I need mod approval for a post? I started a thread and didn't need mod approval (it instantly posted) some one replied, then i replied to that, also with no mod approval, then a different person posted in my thread, and i replied to that only this time the reply i tried to post didn't post instead I got a message saying "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting......etc, etc"

I must admit i did not read the forum rules :eek: but i have been to several forums for several different topics and for the most part they all have the same rules. I didn't use any profanity or talk about anything illegal or any other obvious reason.

Also it would be more logical if every post had to be moderated not just some random one. Especially considering it was me posting in the thread i created:confused:

EDIT: and minutes later this thread i just created also just posted without the need for mod approval

I'm just wondering why I need mod approval for a post? I started a thread and didn't need mod approval (it instantly posted) some one replied, then i replied to that, also with no mod approval, then a different person posted in my thread, and i replied to that only this time the reply i tried to post didn't post instead I got a message saying "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting......etc, etc"

I must admit i did not read the forum rules :eek: but i have been to several forums for several different topics and for the most part they all have the same rules. I didn't use any profanity or talk about anything illegal or any other obvious reason.

Also it would be more logical if every post had to be moderated not just some random one. Especially considering it was me posting in the thread i created:confused:

EDIT: and minutes later this thread i just created also just posted without the need for mod approval

Did you post in rapid succession? It may have triggered the spam catcher.

I'm not a mod, but I'm sure one will be along to answer shortly. They're very good about that. :)

For the record, swearing is fine, so long as it's not directed at others. We're all adults. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

New members with less than 5 posts sometimes get caught by the filter we use to keep the spammers at bay. Particularly if there's URL links, or the post is very long, the post might get caught by the filter.

As we usually go through on quick spam irradiaction sweeps, (and they are frequent and numerous) sometimes new users also get hit with a spam ban as individual posts are sometimes just given a quick glance.

So, two things:
If you have less than 5 posts and are told that you need to wait for mod approval, contact a mod via PM and let us know so that we can make sure to clear your post quickly, and make sure we don't accidentally ban your account on a sweep.

2, if we do accidentally ban for spam when you weren't actually doing that, again contact the mods and let us know.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but with spammers hitting this site with about 200-400 spam posts a week, we do still have our work cut out and spammers aren't given a second glance most of the time.

Did you post in rapid succession? It may have triggered the spam catcher.
that might be it. I didn't actually post in rapid succession but i previewed in rather quick succession before actuall posting. I have a crappy wifi connect at the moment so i wrote the rather long post in my email box because it autosaves every minute or so then just copied it into the the forum

For the record, swearing is fine, so long as it's not directed at others. We're all adults. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

lol good to know :D

Apologies for the inconvenience, but with spammers hitting this site with about 200-400 spam posts a week, we do still have our work cut out and spammers aren't given a second glance most of the time.

not a big deal, don't worry about it. It posted with ~5 minutes. was curious more than anything, thanks for the quick replies

I've approved about 5 legitimate posts over the past day or two that were caught in the spam filter. It's been picking up more of those lately than usual. Don't take it personally.

Back