Star Trek and Star Wars

I love TNG, am currently watching them again on Netflix:)

I didn't even realize that TNG was on Netflix, good stuff :). I think I've seen every episode atleast once, but I think I'm going to double check on Net Flix, lol :p.

Original Star Wars is the best, the newer ones are awful.

I have a friend who basically thinks this same way, and I disagree with him too, laugh :p. I actually preferred the new ones. That being said, I think they got better as they went along; Episode 2 being better then Episode 1 and Episode 3 being the best of the three. That being said, there was no equivalent of Princess Leia in her skimpy Return of the Jedi outfit; the fact that the top was always coming off during the shooting only makes me think about it more, lol :).

Except I do love me some Ewan McGregor.

Lol :)

Awesome thread Scott!

Aw, ty ;-)

If I may slip into my pseudo-intellectual cosplay for a moment: the stratification in the different groups that enjoy Trek or Wars more is interesting because you can end up with a situation where a person is at a con dressed like Spock only to spot another person carrying a lightsaber and say, "Look at that fuckin' geek!"

That aside, if you want to see real unity between the Trekkies and the...Warriors(?) admit to hating both. I cant stand either one and when people hear that you can hear a fucking pin drop in the room. Then someone starts passing out the torches and pitchforks, kinda goes downhill from there.

I've seen most of Star Trek and Star Wars and I just...cant stand either one; Trek is horrendously classist and hypocritical, Wars has a "meh" storyline and truly unlikable characters.

I can usually find shelter with the Browncoats...until they figure out I dont watch Dr. Who and am "meh" on LOTR and then I'm told that I can sleep in the backyard. But I guess the backyard is better than the street XD

Last edited:
Haha Scott- between TNG and XFiles (well I'm not going to lie, South Park and the Tudors) I pretty much geek out every night:)

Helo- how dare you. :p

If I may slip into my pseudo-intellectual cosplay for a moment: the stratification in the different groups that enjoy Trek or Wars more is interesting because you can end up with a situation where a person is at a con dressed like Spock only to spot another person carrying a lightsaber and say, "Look at that fuckin' geek!"

Laugh :)

That aside, if you want to see real unity between the Trekkies and the...Warriors(?) admit to hating both. I cant stand either one and when people hear that you can hear a fucking pin drop in the room. Then someone starts passing out the torches and pitchforks, kinda goes downhill from there.

Lol :). Well, I like both a fair amount but I respect your beliefs on the matter :p.

I've seen most of Star Trek and Star Wars and I just...cant stand either one; Trek is horrendously classist and hypocritical, Wars has a "meh" storyline and truly unlikable characters.

I will say that my favourite Star Trek series was TNG. Oh, sure, Dax is super hot, as well as that vulcan in the Enterprise series, but in terms of storyline, TNG was definitely my favourite.

I can usually find shelter with the Browncoats...until they figure out I dont watch Dr. Who and am "meh" on LOTR and then I'm told that I can sleep in the backyard. But I guess the backyard is better than the street XD

Lol :). I liked the Dr. Who music and I still remember a scene in one of the episodes quite clearly (it involved a still living head attached to an tunnel excavator), but I didn't watch the original much; it was simply a little too scary for me generally (the original series ended when I was about 14).

Haha Scott- between TNG and XFiles (well I'm not going to lie, South Park and the Tudors) I pretty much geek out every night:)

Helo- how dare you. :p

Lol :). I liked some of the X files as well, although I didn't watch it too much, again because I found it too frightening for my tastes. That being said, there were some episodes that I really found to be quite good. One involved depleted uranium; at the end of the episode, a masked man (i'm assuming it was a vet) hands a government official a pile of documents; I had the impression it was on depleted uranium. In any case, my mother did just that (handed a pile of documents) to Canadian Parliament sometime before I saw the episode, and I wondered, might they have borrowed that event for the series?

And then, ofcourse, there was the pilot episode of X Files spinoff, The Lone Gunmen (clip of it here). It aired about 6 months before 9/11, but had a lot of things in it that makes me wonder if the man who wrote it (wasn't Chris Carter) had some of the evidence against the notion that there were no warnings of an imminent attack on the U.S., and even some knowledge that 9/11 was an inside job -.-.

I love the creepiness of X-files:) I have too many favs to mention here.. And don't want to drag your thread off topic any more than I already have!

I love the creepiness of X-files:)

Lol :). I like what I think of as the 'real' element of the X-Files. I just wish that the real world didn't have this creepy side to it, laugh :p.

I have too many favs to mention here.. And don't want to drag your thread off topic any more than I already have!

Well, we could always start a new one :). Give me a subject, and I'll run with it ;-).

Back