Relationship Building- Material and Advice...

Marvin

I thought that I would post for anyone interested a couple of books that we have found very helpful in building our relationship together. During what was the most rocky (and I use that loosely) of times for us we found it very helpful to sit down and explore some of the things about each other that made us different from the other(s).
There were two books that we found especially helpful:
"The Dewey Color System for Relationships" by Dewey Sadka was probably the most helpful (and creepily accurate I might add....). This book helped bring to light some reason behind why we each think and act like we do.. Interesting

The other is "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. This book is written from a more spiritual standpoint, which was a little hard to get through, but the overall gist of the "languages" that he points out was helpful.

If anyone has any other suggestions for material such as this I would like to hear about them.

M

The Five Love Languages is an interesting book.. both of us have read it and taken the quiz and share results in order to figure out how best to understand what the other needs and how they receive what we give..

Hi nancy
Yes it most certainly is interesting. I am personally am an acts of service kind of guy and my wives are receiving gifts and quality time gals.

I'm touch and words married to a touch and words.

Thanks for the dewey -- hadn't read that yet. I'll check it out. :)

I dig Non Violent Communication -- there's several by Marshal Rosenburg.

GG

Last edited:
I'm a "judge others by the way they treat their pets" person.

Oh wait. that's the 6th Love Language. Oops. Not in the book.

I like the book "Why Talking Is Not Enough: Eight Loving Actions That Will Transform Your Marriage" by Susan Page. This got us through some of our darker periods.

My library has the Dewey book, I will check it out, I'm curious!

Wow how you have grown!

Hi honey! Marvin is my hubby I'm so proud to say! I remember the days your answer was "how would I know?" Five years later I am trying to "take the pebble from the hand of the master" hahaha. I love that you are helping couples go thru what we have and I love you more than chocolate! You are my angel! Thanks for the Chinese food you ordered me for lunch!

Back