The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I haz killd teh thread?

Well anyway. I just picked up a handful of ten clamp-adapters out of a drawer twice in a row without counting them. And ten is, of course, a very nice number. Two times ten is twice as nice.

I am so pleased with myself right now, I could cut it with a knife.

I've been feeling bolstered by a little male attention I received this week. The UPS delivery guy for my job flirted with me for the first time since I started working there.

I have always been a little attracted to him, although he is a bit odd personality-wise. Kinda good-looking, though nothing to write home about, but he's nice, funny, keeps his promises, and I have this feeling he'd be good in the sack. I've always had a thing for Latino men.

So, ever since he openly flirted with me and then joked that he was blushing about it (and he was!), I've been having sexual fantasies about him. I would have to keep it a secret if anything actually happened between us, but I do wonder what my bosses would think if I was fucking our UPS guy. Jeez, that is definitely something I would've done back in my 20s, LOL.

One of my best friends is in labor with her first baby. I'm anxiously awaiting little Aurora's arrival. She's a week late and my friend was induced yesterday morning, but hasn't really made any progress since her water broke yesterday. I'm sure she'll take all the good energy she can get.

Crux's libido has kicked into over drive lately and I think it's because for the past two weeks I have been getting flirty, eyeballing and free stuff attentions lately and I feel like I'm starting to look better now! Baby weight is dropping slowly but I can't help but look at the amount in getting sly, sometimes , flirty remarks from guys around town. Of course I tell Crux and he tends to puff out his chest in a proud manner and say things like and you're mine ;).

Family is down from all across Canada for a week. Busy, busy place round my dads.
Oh and when family comes they tend to bring their super hot friends along too! Suffice to say we haven't spent a whole lot of time at our house cause Mommy sees eye candy ;)

Feeling much relieved right now, about some shit that hit the fan at work this past week. A new assistant manager was hired a little over a month ago and has turned out to clueless, spacey, utterly lacking in common sense, and even speaks quite condescendingly to us (the employees already there) - but she hides it fairly well in front of the manager and owner.

Meanwhile, because of my full-time schedule, I've been sort of put in the unofficial position of training her for a lot of things. Although all of us do pitch in and help show her the ropes, I work with her more often than anyone else does, so the burden has fallen mostly on me. And I do mean burden. The chick just does not listen or pay attention, and is oblivious to what is going on around her. I can't believe how many times I've explained the same things to her. My co-workers keep saying they wonder why I wasn't approached for the position (although I don't really want it).

She apparently came highly recommended, but my guess is she works well in a fully-automated environment where the system thinks for you. Where we work, we need to be on our toes, seeing the big picture and always using common sense and our knowledge of the business to adapt to and accommodate each scenario and customer, which can be so different, in order to provide excellent service (and get repeat business). She doesn't seem able to think on her feet. While there's nothing wrong with people who are more comfortable working within a tightly controlled system that implements the same procedures across the board, with computers doing everything for you, that is not how it works at my job. My workplace is perfect for people who enjoy problem-solving and are adaptable.

Anyhoo... day before yesterday I asked to speak privately to the manager and told her a long list of problems I've encountered with this woman. She thought I was going to quit. I told her, no, I love this job but it's become very unpleasant, and I only want the assistant manager to succeed, which won't happen if management doesn't know where her skills are lacking and the problems she's been having. So, she thanked me for the feedback and asked me to be patient as she works to further train this fucking obnoxious eejit (haha, I couldn't help myself). She also told me to come to her with any more problems no matter how minor they seem.

Then yesterday the manager wasn't in, and the new assistant manager was in charge. Of course, she hadn't improved much at all, and there were some glaring issues. I was off today, but I told my co-worker that she had to tell the manager about what went down, because she wants to know. She said she would, but today I was panicking because I thought that, if my co-worker doesn't say anything (she's super nice and soft-spoken and doesn't like to say bad things about anyone), then I might be considered just a troublemaker or complainer.

So I texted my co-workers this evening and they both reassured me. One did talk to the manager about things that would corroborate my assessment of this chick, so I am feeling much relieved. I hate petty BS like this at a bread-and-butter job that is supposed to just be a source of income, not of stress, in my life. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

As long as that asst manager is not in charge of making the schedule it might be ok.

As long as that asst manager is not in charge of making the schedule it might be ok.

Oh, no, we already have our schedules set, and they do not change. I wouldn't really enjoy working someplace where they change our schedules all the time. And the assistant mgr is mostly there to take care of paperwork and orders. The mgr and owner are very protective of our schedules and dealing with staff issues - there is a large amount of control they would not wish to give up and she wouldn't be doing any of that.

Last edited:
I took a stroll, earlier to help me not sit around the house reading forums, and thinking about my ex, and I saw a car that looked just like my ex's, so I started thinking about my ex.
I wish I could expedite this healing process. I'm meeting such nice people, but I want to keep them all at arm's length... I almost feel like my last relationship broke my poly. :/

I had to out-crazy some crazy guy on the midnight train. It involved me screaming the word

"Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at least 4 or 5 times in the span of approximately 10 minutes.

Whoever wishes they had my commute, raise both hands and feet.

Lots going on here. We got a sweet deal on a Honda odyssey ($1200!) I pretty much was let go from my second job. I was working two 12 hour sleep over nights (pretty sweet gig) and they have been firing people left and right. They hired 3 new staff and told me they didn't need me anymore. Wtf!? Who hires new people and gives your shifts away? Ugh so annoying.

My first job agreed to let me switch an evening shift for an ovn which is good because working full time and going to school full time is rough. Now I work 2 ovns, 1 evening and 1 day shift. I'm working toward a social work degree. I want to be a residential supervisor but that requires a 4 year degree.

I never went to high school, I dropped out after 8th grade and got a GED when I turned 16. I love e doing direct care but it doesn't pay very well, even as a manager I only make $10/hr. I figure for a frugal retirement we really need to save 240k, not something we can do on my current income. The first week of school was hard. I cried. I was so scared I couldn't do it. I'm happy to say that I have an A+ in both classes. Starting school in summer was pretty crazy though, each week we do double the work. I am looking forward to the short break and the lighter schedule in the fall.

Last edited:
I had a rough week. I lost my best friend of 23 years to a motorcycle accident Tuesday. Today was the memorial service. We talked daily.. had something happen just a few minutes ago. Made me think of him and the tears start a new. I am not a weepy person by nature but I am taking this hard. He is the one who would call me on my bullshit and was my rock when things were ugly. I detest people who drive while distracted. I hope that text was worth it..

I am looking forward to my regular weekend at Murfs with the kids he has a busy weekend planned. Butch was off Wednesday and he helped keeping me busy. Today has been hard. The guys are at work. Thank the gods for them both. They keep checking in on me. My poor westie he is sick of me cuddling him. The scotties are smart enough to not get close..lol.

My sympathies for your loss, Dagferi.

So sorry, Dagferi. You have my condolences and a virtual hug if need be.

It's official. I hate my assistant manager. It's a can't-stomach-her-would-like-to-throw-her-through-a-window kind of feeling. I am so happy to be home now, and not in her presence anymore! I should've stopped at the liquor store on my way home - wish I had a glass of wine with me as I type on my computer in my undies.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed with the new steel corset boning I got in the mail. It's alot more flimsy than I was expecting. Found a new supplier after it arrived, because apparently American made steel is less sturdy than European made steel.

I just got an email from the sexy man with whom I had a second date about a month ago. I hadn't heard from him for about two weeks, and then he told me he has a lot of stresses in his life right now and doesn't think he can see me for a while. I wrote back to tell him what I would like to see happen with us, and he wrote back saying he wants the same thing - and that he would try to see me sooner. I am glad that was his response.

So, how'm I doing now? Feeling okay... and a little hopeful!

Dude just called, he's on his way home from his first date since we formed our "co-habitating open poly vee" two years ago. Sound like he had a good time (I'm sure he'll be all excited and want to talk about it when he gets home :p) - and that I felt good, calm and happy, all evening. Promising! (This is the first time that any of us has seen someone new since the Vee formed 2+ years ago.)

JaneQ

An update from my earlier rant:
Sister is no longer homeless, has her job back, and is her typical up-and-down self on Facebook again. Yay.

Mom has started chemo, feels shitty, but her spirits are still up.

I have gone through my colposcopy, and it's all low-grade dysplasia which sets the mind at ease (although it's pretty evident it's due to HPV, which I knew I was exposed to...).

All in all, things are looking up, although we're still keeping a close eye on mom.

This past weekend, my partner and I went camping. Nice to just tune out and enjoy the place, especially since I haven't been camping since I was a kid. Lots of talking around the fire about his life and what's going on (starting a new relationship with a woman whose hubby is dating my metamour... damn diagram is looking like a box with a twig (me) sticking off the side - LOL), and it was nice to be able to listen about everything, although that night was "okay, let's let us be enjoy OUR moment" time.

This city mouse loved the sound of the running river outside the tent. Who'da thunk it?

So... Gorgeous weekend and back to work. The return to reality has begun.

Back