Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-23-2020, 01:07 AM

Whyyyyyyyyy? Why is it that ever my time I get sucked back into that online dating world, I end up talking to a dude instead of a lady?

First date cancelled, and she's not sure she actually wants more than an activity partner so I gave up.

Now I'm chatting with this (cute, ripped, younger) guy. He's funny. He's sweet. He's fucking encouraging me to make healthy fucking choices that I want to fucking make without judging me for being a whiny bitch about them. He thinks it's "cute" or "adorable" and my ugly sweaty post workout pics are "sexy af." And I've seen the subsequent dick pics/dirty texts to believe he actually believes it. Oh. He also lives about an hour away so actually finding time to meet up is about as easy as finding the proverbial needle in the haystack so... this texting flirting thing is fun and makes me feel silly for always getting along better with men.

Like, women are sexy. People of all or no genders are sexy. I want to do all the things to some of them, physically. Mentally though... I just can't connect as easily with those that aren't cis dudes. I guess that make me, what? Heteroromantic and pansexual? Who knows anymore.
Little Girl: My and Hubby's daughter. 4.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:31 PM

Still chatting with cute guy, but he's already frustrated by my schedule. Ha. All my profiles say I rarely have time to meet unless it is kid/family friendly. My free time is precious and I already have people I love that I would love more time with.

But I got sucked into the swipey world of okc again. I'm talking to a lovely local couple who are looking for poly parent friends. Hopefully meeting them soon. I just left swiped someone for mentioning a game that I hate so much standards are fairly ridiculous right now. Obviously someone can like a game I dislike without it affecting our interaction at all, but whatever. I'm not actually looking for reals anyway. Lol
Old 01-30-2020, 03:40 PM

I almost passed on a several-hundred point 99% match for mentioning that insulting "Jar Jar is a Sith" meme in a favorable light. I ended up sending an intro anyway, but mentioning I would fight for my boi. So I get it.

MARSH: 31F, bi-ish, ex-wife, reforming abuser, amicable co-parent.
LABRAT: 2F, daughter with Marsh, suffers a congenital heart defect.
TSUNAMI: 0M, son with Marsh, resting grumpface.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:38 AM

I'm meeting an OKC guy as just friends next week. We would NOT be compatible romantically so he better not try to bait and switch a friendly coffee thing into a date.

In other news... Hubby and I suck. Our sex life is nonexistent. I just can't get excited about it. I mean, I can get excited because my vagina is ridiculous and always ready but my mind isn't into his body so I'm always eyes closed or mind wandering which isn't cool so we just don't do it.

It's frustrating and just... so disheartening. I love him so much. Why am I not really attracted to him ?!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:32 PM

Ok. To further explain the hubby and I suck thing, he is frustrated because I am not an enthusiastic instigator with him. I will willingly offer and agree to sex, but I don't crave it with him.

Probably wouldn't bother him as much if it was all around an issue instead of clearly being just with him.