Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Shelving!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...Am4kDrY4DSVchf

This has helped a lot.

I heard back today from the radiologist, and my tits are fabulous! No wait, Iím pretty sure they said perfect. Or maybe it was, free from issues. Anyway, no signs of any boob cancer. Yay!

I had my dental appointment today and that went ok, I guess. The orthodontist shaved down the sides of like 6 of my top teeth, so I now have wider gaps between each one. This was done to allow space for them to press down and inward, to combat their desire to go outward due to the lack of a tooth on the bottom. I had read a lot of horror stories on the internet about this sort of thing getting fucked up, where the teeth look like pegs or whatever. Mine actually look okay. I am starting on the second set of Invisalign tonight, and I am really wanting the process over with. Everything got stopped for a while due to my illness so itís good to be making progress again.

Iím starting medication tonight for yet another bout of BV. The doctor says my vaginal area is all sorts of fucked up right now due to the hidradenitis problem. THAT issue is all taken care of, but now because my entire fucking pussy was out of balance, it has resulted in yet another diagnosis. I am sick of medication, yo. I JUST finished the antibiotic for the infection that had taken over my bikini line cyst. At least itís all something that can be dealt with, and it wonít effect my menfolk. Iím not looking to date either so itís more of a big fucking annoyance. Once I get off this new medication, Iím going to go in and get a full panel of STD testing done, since I havenít yet done that since being with SirGawain. Weíve been broken up for a month now, so this will be my initial test, and then I will do another in April. Hopefully between now and then I will make some progress in therapy and be a datable human being again. Of course, there is the risk that I hit positive for herpes because of my time with him, but I havenít had any issues that would point to that being the case. Other problems, yes. But no initial outbreak or rashes or sores. So, yay?

I am fucking tired.

Me, center of a star-shaped polycule (40F)
Wife to DarkKnight (42M)
Wife to PunkRockAwesomesauce (44M)
Girlfriend to SirGawain (40M)
Girlfriend to CornFlower (38M)
Old 01-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Today has started off crazypants. The wind is really fierce, so the coats on the Box were strewn across the yard, as were the blankets. I have 3 huge bags already to sort through and my to do list just for the Box could cause someone to have fits. Gah! I have a life outside of it, and that list is nutso as well. I was supposed to color my hair this morning but I have already bumped that off til tomorrow.

I have...let’s see...7 special requests this morning. Things like, a homeless 20-something is starting her first job and needs black boots. (I actually filled that one and now she is trying to figure out when she can make it over for a pick up!) Or a guy living in a motel is on dialysis and needs a queen size comforter because the blankets provided there are thin and scratchy. (Just had a bag of blankets dropped off, so once I have a chance I am going to look and hope for the best!) And oh, a single mom who lost her job recently needs new leggings for her daughter, because her daughter had a growth spurt and has sensory issues, so she will only wear leggings. (A donor in Washington state is sending some.) These are the sorts of things I figure out now every morning. Do you have any idea how rewarding this is for me? Like, it’s amazing. I LOVE this sort of work.

But that’s just a small part of it. I had two cash donations come in, and some couponers brought me a bunch of seasoning packets, so I am planning a “Taco Tuesday” next week. I put up a request yesterday and now I have 10 bags of Mexican rice and 5 boxes of taco shells. So today I am going to take a couple of photos and post a specific request list to make this happen. I want to give out 20 taco packs, complete with those things, ground beef, canned diced tomatoes and some shredded cheese. This is also fun for me.

I have at least 4 amazon prime pantry boxes coming today, and two tomorrow, and two Saturday, according to my messages. So all that will need to be unpacked and sorted.

I have a baby supply giveaway going on today, leftover from yesterday. I have bags of warm clothing in sizes 12 months, 18 months, 4T & 5T left. All out of 2T & 3T, and I have diapers in all sizes right now. That is going really well, only now we are almost completely out of baby food.

I sorted men’s hoodies yesterday and now have a handle on what I have for that, but two of my requests this morning were for women’s clothing, and that’s a huge pile of crazy. So I HAVE to sort that today.

And of course, just the regular Box stocking that I do many times a day will be happening.

My son needs new tires on his car, so I am going to have to make that happen. I also need to pay his rent and move his money around. I am shifting my bank trip to this evening.

My youngest wants to go to college this upcoming semester, so I need to print tax information and her transcripts, and she wants some practice worksheets for math, so she can remember how to do fractions before taking the entrance exam.

Yeah, I need to poop and then shower and get moving this morning. Tonight we are playing Pandemic Legacy 2 so I have a limited window of time here!

Wife to DarkKnight (42M)

Last edited by Bluebird; 01-04-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:27 PM

I don't know how you do it all. You are amazing!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
I don't know how you do it all. You are amazing!
I second this sentiment! Reading all of the productive things that you do all day...makes me want to take a nap for you.
SLeW: platonic hetero girlfriend and BFF
MrClean: hetero mono male, almost ex-lover-friend, ex-FWBs to SLeW, friends with MrS; live-in with Katniss
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 01-06-2018, 06:18 AM
Spaminator

Sheesh...you should start looking for volunteers to help with the Box. There must be more than 24 hours in a day up there
Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Honestly, it’s just part of my personality. If I have down time, I need to fill it.

I have actually had volunteers in to help a couple of times now. Both were super cool chickas who I was very happy to meet. One I have worked with a couple of times now with the Box, and she basically came over and organized all of the baby clothes we had received up to that point. She’s done some late night run-overs with items I’ve needed too. Yesterday one of my angels showed up and stayed for a couple of hours - she took all of our laundry detergent pod donations and subdivided them into ziplock bags, and then did the same for the diapers.

When I say “angel” I really hate the religious implication, but it’s a good descriptive term. I have 4 or 5 donors who have asked to be put on notice for specific requests. I have one that will buy new bedding for those who need it, and another who goes and gets snow boots at the drop of a hat. This particular lady had asked to be considered for all children’s coat requests that I can’t fill. So they just wait for an email from me, and then they go and buy whatever it is I ask for. They’re fucking rockstars. All of them go above and beyond with regular supply donations too - a couple of them randomly show up with like, all the peanut butter, or they send me an Amazon Prime shipment by surprise. I definitely don’t take them for granted, and I try to do everything I can to fill requests other ways.

So, an example of a request - I had a woman contact me that I wrote about briefly - her husband is on dialysis and they’re living in a motel so they can be closer to wherever it is he is getting treatment. They don’t have a car, and she walks everywhere. She initially messaged me because where they are staying doesn’t provide bedding, as it’s one of those pay-weekly places that is not the best. Anyway, she asked if we had a queen-sized blanket they could snag, as my Blessing Box Facebook feed often requests them. I didn’t have any used ones in that size right them, so one of my angels bought them a new down alternative comforter and a wool blanket.

When it came to my attention that this lady was walking everywhere and her coat was not weather appropriate, I had another angel give me permission to buy anything I could find in her size, at any price, so long as it would keep her warm. I didn’t need to use this offer, however, as that same afternoon I received a donation of a dozen wool trench coats that were plus sized and looked brand new. DarkKnight drove a couple over to her and let her try them on so she could choose. We also gave her a couple of donated hoodies for her husband, as he pretty much lives in the same one at the moment. His size is definitely larger and he needed new ones.

So yeah. I can’t imagine filling my time with anything more meaningful.

That said, I spent yesterday at a game store in Waynesboro, starting a new journeyman league for WarMachine. I lost both games I played, as I haven’t even cracked my storage cases in over a year. I felt pretty stupid as it was like relearning the game! However, that’s what the league is about so I am excited about it. I actually did win the opening day raffle, and I got a free solo of my choice.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...6I3yYZBjVtw1XG

The organizer took this pic of me. My tits look ginormous. That’s about the only good thing have to say - that and I am glad you can’t see how redneck my teeth look with this big gaping hole on the bottom. I can’t wait for the Invisalign treatment to be over!

Wife to DarkKnight (42M)

Last edited by Bluebird; 01-07-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:39 AM

Things have been going well with the Blessing Box. I am looking into becoming a not-for-profit. At this point I feel like I am having to continuously pull back and do less. I have a couple of mentors - of a sort - one is my friend in NY who inspired me to have a Box, and a woman here in town who feeds the homeless through her own organization. Itís nice to have some guidance!

Yesterday morning I had this old woman come talk to me while I was refilling, and she told me she had come by last week and took one of the green wool Army blankets, because she is sleeping at the shelter. She said she would be officially retired today, and then she would be able to start getting her social security and thereís an organization that is helping her get an apartment. She was so proud to have a plan! She said every night now, she wraps herself in the blanket and gets filled with hope, because she is ready to start the best years of her life with warmth and a goal. This made me so happy for her! But anyway, she had come back to the Box to ďpayĒ for her blanket - she had two hoodies, a bar of soap and a wig.

The wig made us both laugh but she said it was in good condition. I would say that stranger things have happened, but no, that would definitely be it! Wouldnít you know, it lasted less than an hour before someone took it! LMAO

We hosted a Taco Tuesday meat giveaway - and ran out in 6 minutes! Everyone got 2 pounds of ground beef, a pack of 12 taco shells, a bag of Mexican rice, 2 cups of shredded cheese, 2 seasoning packets, a jar of salsa, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of refried beans. This has inspired me to want to do more similar giveaways, centered around having an entire meal that people can prepare at home. I had been given two PayPal donations for the ground beef, and individuals brought me everything else. I had a few couponers who hooked us up! At the moment we have a Fish Friday giveaway tomorrow - but that will be a smaller scale of two cans of tuna fish and a box of tuna helper. I have 50 cans of tuna fish coming from two different donors, and a couponers is dropping off 20 of the Tuna Helpers. The next one I am planning after that is larger - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - I hope to give away half chickens, with stovetop stuffing, peas, gravy, and maybe biscuits. I am still planning that one.

DarkKnight and I finally had sex again last night - I think itís been like two months! I love him so much and we always have such a great connection. I had forgotten how intense he becomes - damn he does me hard. So things are ok sexually between us. Romantically too. He still cares for me so damn much - making me chai every morning and afternoon, and reading to me every other night. Weíre doing Lovecraft short stories now, and wouldnít you know I canít even stay awake through a full one of those. Lol

I have yet to call and get on the schedule for counseling. I doubt I will have the time today. There are two back to back Chemistry labs, and I just taught the kids some stoichiometry on Tuesday, so i have one on one help going on this morning an hour before class and after the lab I have a block of time carved out for kids needing extra assistance.

On Monday I DID find time to start painting my Beth Maddox model for WarMachine. In the league I am in, we have two weeks to finish our warcaster. PunkRock and I are going to play a game against each other here tonight, and then I hope to paint some more after. Being with him helps keep me focused and on track with my games - otherwise I think I would be apt to flake out a lot because I have so many other things to do!

Last night we played Pandemic Legacy and failed to save the world for the 5th game in a row. We are sucking so terribly bad. Lol I am optimistic for the next game. Gotta get that on the schedule!

Wife to DarkKnight (42M)
Old 01-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
Last night we played Pandemic Legacy and failed to save the world for the 5th game in a row. We are sucking so terribly bad. Lol I am optimistic for the next game. Gotta get that on the schedule!
Do you play with extra roles, or is it just 1 role per person? The 2 player version is really hard if you don't draw a good role combination.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM

One per person. We have four people playing. We had two games that Jacksonville just hit every single time, and we couldn't stop it. Now we have its infection cards with upgrades and it's behaving. lol I am confident we will win the next, which is late May. It's funny because in season 1, our Facebook virus devastated the east coast of the US, and we can't seem to keep this plague out of there now either. We are terrible at our jobs! lmao

Since I have a second to update - today is already starting off great. I've had two deliveries - one of a random bag of canned vegetables, and the other is a bag full of canned peas, for our Winner Winner Chicken Dinner giveaway. I had a message from one of my angels, saying she just decided to fill one of our special requests for snow boots, and they should arrive for the guy on Saturday. Another message from someone asking me if I ever get cleaned out and taken advantage of (my number one question, other than how they can do one themselves). Then a message from a social worker who has a guy who is going on a job interview today and tomorrow, only he has a single pair of pants that he has been wearing for a month, and they are not clean and not appropriate. I had to fill the Box once, and then check and see if I had any pants. I didn't. I was already talking to the angel who got the snowboots, and she immediately agreed to get pants, though the worker went in the meantime to physically get some at a local clothing closet - and she did find something. The angel is going to now purchase whatever the opposite of that is - if the worker got jeans, she will buy khakis, sort of thing.

Not bad for it only being 10:30! I also showered, dressed and set up for my Chemistry lab.

Wife to DarkKnight (42M)
Old 01-15-2018, 12:02 PM

The weekend has been good. In the last 24-ish hours, PunkRock and I had sex 3 different times. I am not sure what got into him, but his horny makes me horny and we went like bunnies. Lol We’ve had several meals out together the last few days, and he’s helped me with grocery shopping, and getting supplies for the Box. Oh! and the basement landing in our house, he finally got the walls painted. It’s such a little thing, but it’s been half-pink (the original color) and half gray for so long, it’s kind of become background noise that we don’t notice. Holy crap though, just him painting the walls in there has made such a huge difference! The goal is to get it finished this month - we need to redo the subfloor and then paint the trim. There’s some water intrusion from the threshold - I am not sure what we’re going to do about that yet. And paint the 3 doors that open up into the area. It’s this tiny little landing, but a huge project. Anyway, I am so happy to have it get some attention finally! PunkRockAwesomesauce is amazeballs. <3

Today is the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner giveaway, beginning at 11 am. The package includes, chicken, instant stuffing, a can of peas, a jar of gravy, and 6-8 dinner rolls.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...1GWFvcYwWQvZmK

I have 20 to give away. The cool thing is, we had so many donations, we are fully funded for a Saturday Italian food dinner this week (spaghetti, sauce, ground beef and a bagged salad) PLUS another one that I haven’t decided on yet! I had a goal of doing one meal or meat giveaway a month when the year started, and we’ve already done Taco Tuesday and a Free Fish Friday. Now I have chicken, the spaghetti and money for another! Like I said, this thing has taken on a life of its own!

A local news station did a spot on us and it was a complete shit show. The reporter interviewed me for 2 hours, and the clip they used was when she asked me what’s the worst that could happen, and I said someone cleaning is out or smashing the Box. They then focused on the Box being made of glass. When i saw it I was very annoyed - I talked about community building and neighbors helping neighbors, and amazing donors and how uplifting it is to give back. Instead they make it look like I want people to come challenge me and break shit. The joke was on them though - I received ZERO bumps in likes on my page because of their news story. Lol They are less relevant than the newspaper! Lol I just checked and my page has 822 likes. I don’t think that’s bad for a single month of existence!

DarkKnight is going to be traveling for work soon, and I am going to try and go with him, since it’s up in western New York. I really don’t want to fall into the drama going on with my brother and his felony charge. (Did I post about that? My mom swears he was stealing to get cigarettes. Ok, yeah right.) I didn’t see anyone for Christmas though so I do want to go up there. We will see about the timing - he thinks it will be sometime in February, but not the week of Valentines Day. We already have plans for that - DarkKnight reserved us spots at a local tea house and then we’re going to do an escape room, I think. PunkRock and I are going to make reservations either before the holiday or right after to go see the Terracotta Chinese warrior statues which are at an art museum in Virginia - we’re going to go down and stay overnight. They also have a cat art exhibit going on at the same time, which makes it even more attractive of an idea. Lol

Hey look, it’s me!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...lLaYrW9DcAbH6m

I have 20 lbs to lose again. All I seem to do is yo-yo. At the moment I don’t have the time to focus on counting carbs or anything, so this is me for now. So I am at the weight I was when I met WarMan, which is ok, I guess. I’m not happy here, I want to be down to what I was when I met PunkRock, which I had achieved last year. Sigh.

Wife to DarkKnight (42M)

Last edited by Bluebird; 01-15-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Tags
cohabitation, finances, financial decisions, house, living situations, living together, married and polyamorous, married and polyandrous, multiple husbands, multiple partners, multiple primaries, need vs. want, negotiating boundaries, out as poly, polyandry, polygamy, shared space, shared values, sharing information, sharing resources, vee dynamics