Bisexual, Pansexual, Polysexual...is it all semantics?

I like words too.

This post pretty much cleared things up.: www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112988

I got the impression from that post that, historically, your self-knowledge about your sexuality has been … shall we say... iffy. As if you only sort of and barely have understood your own sexuality. Is this right? (I mean 'sexuality' in the broadest sense, not merely in regard to sexual orientation.)

Yes, I guess you could say I am on a journey of self-discovery. Better late than never I suppose. I feel like I was possibly physically attracted to women in the past (and some still catch my eye) but didn't have enough experience to see that I probably wasn't sexually attracted to them. I don't feel this prohibited me from being in a romantic, loving relationship with women but in hindsight, I was often sexually unsatisfied. This could be due to other factors as well but that's all part of my exploration.

I like words too.

This post pretty much cleared things up.: www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112988

I got the impression from that post that, historically, your self-knowledge about your sexuality has been … shall we say... iffy. As if you only sort of and barely have understood your own sexuality. Is this right? (I mean 'sexuality' in the broadest sense, not merely in regard to sexual orientation.)

Perhaps I have worded something wrong. I am open to dating men who have a significant other, or who may be single, doesn't matter to me. I am not interested in having sex with a husband and wife together as I am not interested in dating/sexing women. Does that make sense?

I'm pansexual but I'm not interested in group sex. I find it less intimate than one on one, even with partners who are experienced and know how to share attention, etc. It's a learned skill.

Also, since my nesting partner is female, men I talk to or date are so often imagining they get to be with my partner, since we MUST be a sexy package deal, being bi and poly? Um. No.

I did do a MFM kink/sex session once with 2 men who were experienced former swingers, and I have to admit, I enjoyed being in that sandwich. One guy was straight so there was no MM intimate touching. It was a fun one time thing. I'd do it again if I found the right men. Those guys were 2 of my exes with whom I regretfully parted.

I've always been fine dating bi or pan men. I'm 63, but since I'm bi/pan I see no difference from me just because he has a cock. Being bi doesn't necessarily make him "less masculine," to my mind. Not that I require mega masculinity in my male or transmasculine partners anyway. Some men don't have cocks.

I've had no luck dating lesbians. I haven't tried much, but I get the idea many gold star lesbians, and others, don't like being near a pussy that has had a dick in it any time recently, if ever.

Hi LB -

I'd be happy to explore the use of collaborative inquiry with you in your inquiry into your sexuality (in general, not orientation per se).

I have described collaborative inquiry here:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117810

Very likely, CI would work best in an atmosphere of trust away from "the public" -- as in by telephone, email or private messages. You have anonymity here in the forum, though, so I'd be willing to unfold a CI with you in the forum if you think you're able and willing to do a deep dive in this more public space. There is also the possibility of doing some CI here in the forum while addressing some of the more challenging stuff (stuff you'd not like to air in public) in privacy.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about CI in the thread I provided a link to above -- or in private.

Thanks, River, I appreciate the offer. I'm curious enough about it to send you a PM. ;)

Hi LB -

I'd be happy to explore the use of collaborative inquiry with you in your inquiry into your sexuality (in general, not orientation per se).

I have described collaborative inquiry here:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117810

Very likely, CI would work best in an atmosphere of trust away from "the public" -- as in by telephone, email or private messages. You have anonymity here in the forum, though, so I'd be willing to unfold a CI with you in the forum if you think you're able and willing to do a deep dive in this more public space. There is also the possibility of doing some CI here in the forum while addressing some of the more challenging stuff (stuff you'd not like to air in public) in privacy.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about CI in the thread I provided a link to above -- or in private.

Thanks. I responded to your PM.

Back