I found my poly village!

I had our 5th annual front yard fire pit for Halloween. Someone I’d only met last night thanked me for the invite and meeting my friends. I said “these people were all part of your poly village”. As luck would have it everyone there was poly but the invites were mixed.

These are my people and this is my village. I visit it with all my group gatherings and individual invites. I appreciate what it is and sometimes what it is not. What I also realized is that so long as you participate, it’s your village too.

My wife usually does not participate until I bring my people home but they are her people too. I could ask a favor or for help from anyone of several dozen people in this community and by association that would extend to her. If any of my poly peeps said their SO needed a favor I would respond in the same manor as my relationship with them supports. Because it’s their village that needs our village to do something and it’s a network of good will. Or I’d like to think I contribute and if I needed I would receive.

I lost my people 12 years ago when I moved from Seattle. 5 years ago we came back to Poly and Orlando Poly and though all groups change over the years I’m pretty happy with our village. It is a comfort that I enjoy arriving and saying hello to 20-30 people I want to catch up with. (Or as many as I can in 2 hours).

I know it’s difficult for the introverts and those who struggle some with social gatherings but the village is here. I see it.

Feeling grateful today.

Happy for you ... :)

Back