Someone tell me it works

Dirtclustit-I honestly don't know why you were apologizing to me. But ilwhatever offense you thought I took, I didn't. :)

As for definitions-no intent to confuse. Just clarify.
And I concur with Marcus, the line of "involved" is where the confusion frequently arises. Which is why I said romantically or sexually involved.

Example: gg and maca are not romantically or sexually involved. They are tied to each other ONLY as metamours. We operate as a family unit, often seen as a whole but also everyone knows there are two couples, not three.

We are not a triad. We are a V. If anyone suggested otherwise to the guys, they woukd be irked-because they are only involved in so much as necessary for the well being of myself and the kids. But they are not in love with each other, do not feel a loving bond to one another. They are more like coworkers than friends. Definitely not close enough to make up the 3rd closed side of a triangle.

I am currently in a triad that happened without me realizing. I thought it was going to be a FWB situation while my husband and I are so far away from each other. However, my new bf and I are making each other very happy and find ourselves almost always together. The SO is happy that I am happy, and happy playing with him too! They get along so well. If they didn't, I couldn't continue with this.

Her 2 bfs "play" together. If play is having sex, it's a triad. If they are video gamers, it's probably a V, with the metamours being good friends.

Also she says they RARELY work, not that they "won't" work, "shouldn't" work, "never" work, etc. Is this your best example, because if so, it's a pretty shitty one, seeing as how it doesn't say what you claim it does. Did you really just quote that and say it says something it doesn't say?

Oh I knew that little childish whine was for my benefit....Still bitter, even though the OP was not even asking about a triad..how sad is that?

Her 2 bfs "play" together. If play is having sex, it's a triad. If they are video gamers, it's probably a V, with the metamours being good friends.

Giggle. :) I did read that post-but I honestly got confused as to who was who and read it as SO being bf's SO. But-that's ok, I totally admit I was skimming. :)
That said-the videogame reference gave me giggles.
Mag-you really are funny sometimes. :) I love it!

It can and does work

Prof has been with me for 10 and Mad Sci for 15. We also had a 5 year relationship with another couple, though the husband in that relationship sadly died, we are still close with his widow and her children, though not intimate now.

It is a lot of work but it isn't hard work at least it hasn't been so for us. We have difficulties with jealousy once in a while, or loneliness occasionally but for the most part things are brilliant and wonderful. We are honest, open, and deal with things right away. We stay on top of things meaning we have family re-evaluation meetings a few times a year and we all take responsibility for our own flaws, bad behavior, and grumpy moods. For us respect is everything. We don't trash talk each other and I think that helps. I had to learn to pick my battles and be sure of what I have heard someone else say. We don't try to change each other. We give each other space to explore and dialogue. It's been fun and, because of our low drama level, sometimes a boring but we have grown a lot together. Good Luck.

The SO is happy that I am happy, and happy playing with him too!

I took that sentence to mean that her SO is happy that she is happy playing with her bf (her SO is far away at the moment).

In her other threads she referred to her situation as a Vee. But she also says there is a D/s component, so maybe her SO and bf did play together, but I don't know if that means they were sexual with each other, since from what I've come to understand, D/s play isn't always sex, or if them playing "together" means they were simply in the same room being just with her.

Back