Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 09:24 PM

Rockit49 Thank you so much! I'm sure I will need the advice and perspective!
Old 09-06-2017, 03:53 AM

Default One more newbie

Hi,

I'm Naomi. I'm in my late forties, female, homoflexible-to-bi, married to a man, and not currently dating anybody else but our relationship has been open to other partners from the beginning and both of us have had almost exclusively poly relationships for most of our adult lives. This is actually the longest since I began dating that I've gone with only one partner, and it certainly wasn't intentional -- I've just been really busy!

Not really here to deal with a problem or anything... just feeling a little too isolated from the poly world, so I poked my nose in here. On the whole, aside from wishing I'd find another great person to date, things are going pretty well.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:23 PM

Default Old but New

Hi, I go by Mia or Mimi, whichever is more comfortable for you. I am a now 45 year old single mom to an 11 year old. I say old but new because I apparently joined this site way back in 2012. I was aware of poly and must have been researching it at the time and do not remember actually joining.

After years of attempting to be in monogamous relationships, and after a divorce to a crazy but cool ex husband, I have decided to be honest with myself and go for what I wanted. My ex hubby introduced me to the open marriage concept because while we loved each other and wanted to still be together, we both found that we still wanted to see other people. Even though I was in denial of the fact that I wanted to see others at the time, he frequently dated other women.

So, like I said, I can't say I am new to this, but I am still not familiar with all the lingo. All I know is that I am a bi female who just loves to be loved and love in return. I know that I'm always looking for that relationship that will just click. Even though I know people say that you have to work at it and there is no such thing as love at first sight, but there is a chemistry with people you get. Sometimes you meet people and you just know they are meant to be in your life.

Since I have sort of come out about my lifestyle (my family knows but never discusses it), I have actively searched for my ideal mmf relationship. Which is way harder than I thought because a lot of people seem to want to make it be just about the sex, but it is so much more. Its about honest and openly expressing your wants and needs with your partners and you all being there for each other and fulfilling those needs.

At any rate, I am single at the moment and just enjoying my life for now until I stumble upon those beings that can both offer and receive what I want and need while allowing me to do the same for them.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:07 AM

Default Personal Summaries

Heard Dove has a boyfriend. Guess Ill have to work harder to win her over. Im sure this personal ad will make her swoon.

Um... this guy wasnt exactly what I has in mind when I said I was 64", athletic, and educated.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:52 PM

Default New here

Hi my name is Tony. I'm new to this site and this type of community. I am a bisexual man in a MMF triad. My wife and I have been married for 8 years and met the other man in our relationship 2 and a half years ago. He is actually in another country and we are working through immigration issues now. The only way we could figure out how to make it work was to legally divorce from my wife and then since I make the required amount of money to sponsor a spouse and she doesn't for me to marry him and bring him here. Unfortunately that hasn't been as easy of a process as we were hoping. We are still all in the closet about this except a couple of close friends. With him living so far away it's easy enough to keep a secret, but it's hard being so far away without knowing when we might all get to be together. And trips to Europe to see him are really racking up credit card bills quickly. Just looking for some advice or to know that we aren't the only ones. Who are kept apart from the other love of our lives.

It was an interesting way we all met. My wife and I were happy together. I have always been bisexual, but never really acted on it and was very pleased with my wife and our relationship. We met him while traveling and he was just a friend at first. The more we talked and emailed over the months the more emotionally and mentally we all connected, until one day my wife and him had phone sex. My wife was very distraught and brought the situation to my attention and instead of getting upset. I got turned on. Long story short we are all in love and wanting to be together.

Anyway just wanting to say hi and introduce myself and share a little of my experience.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Default Personal Summaries

I'm TheLimey, at this point in time 46, English, living in South Florida. White hetero male, with a regular 9-5 on an office. I also act, play music and perform comedy. Loves cooking, gaming, and would also identify as a Top in BDSM

The Wife is 37, South Florida born and raised. Half Hispanic white Pansexual female, a student. Also acts, plays music and performs comedy, and is also an avid gamer. We've been married for over 15 years. A bottom in BDSM

The Chica is 31, South Floridian Hispanic, Pansexual female. Interested in escape rooms, reading, baking and ID's as a Top in BDSM.

Currently exploring the edges of polyamory, in a nascent triad
Old 06-29-2018, 03:13 PM

Default Rocky start

Hi everyone, VolitleRollercoaster,

If you've seen my intro thread things don't look like they should be working for me, but rest assured they are. I'm 26, new to the community and polyamory. I'm a hetero F, mono-ish, working a normal office job and attempting to become and actress.

I'm dating a 27 hetero M, poly. We also have a Dom/Sub aspect to our sexual activities. Both of us are gamers and avid Hulu/Netflix watchers with a penchant for Marvel movies.

Our relationship is closed currently while we work on ourselves.

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family