Bucket list

I'm a huge fan of Unschooling. And the term itself makes me smile. :)

It's so sad to see this massive machine that is government schools churning out people who have no spark, no drive to learn on their own. You make education a task in rote memory and regurgitating facts and you really kill people's desired to learn, explore and grow. :( It's so sad.

So... I love your goal, very, very much.

I unschooled all 3 of my kids for 18 yrs each. :)

As for my list, a world cruise would be great. If I could stay with kinky poly hippie friends at each stop, that would be awesome.

By 'unschool' are you referring to 'homeschool'?

I was homeschooled from 5th grad through graduatuion.

It has left me with very mixed feelings. :confused:

I just noticed I was supposed to only post one bucket list item at a time.... shows how bright I am..... TGIF... haha

By 'unschool' are you referring to 'homeschool'?

Well, we were home-based, but the kids' curriculi depended on their interests, and we weren't home much.

I went skydiving on Saturday, it was the most incredible thing ever.

My blood starts boiling just thinking about it.

I am soooooooo jealous!!!!! I had plans with friends to go skydiving for my 40th birthday (in 12 days) but there is a weight limit - and I'm 30 pounds over. :( I was so disappointed when I found out. But I set a goal to lose the weight by my 40 1/2 birthday and try to go in May. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm currently mostly unschooling (kinda depends how radically you define unschooling, I suggest activities but don't require them to be done) my 6 year old and 2.5year old (well aren't most 2.5year olds unschooled anyway?) We are really having a fantastic time.

My list would have mostly involved travel and living in other countries up until recently but right now the main one I would like is just to stay in the same place for more than 2 years. I've now lived in Ireland, various places in England, NY and PHX in the US and the south of France. We're back living in the middle of England and I would really like to stay here.

Make it somewhere in life that I'm happy to be and stay there.
Good job, doing music or film... Or both.
Have a loving family with a beautiful child.
Meet all those close to me and make the most out of the experience.
See where life takes me then.

Back