Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly View Post
"I don't agree casual sex is right"?
I'll chime in on this one, probably to wear it LOL!

I mirror that statement but will add "for me". It simply means I personally won't engage in it because it goes against my idea of sexual sharing nor would I invest in some one who does. But lots of people would not invest in me because of my sexual attitudes either. Every one is entitled to their "internal" opinion, but it is a problem when those opinions are "thrust " upon others. If I was to ridicule someone who enjoys casual sex because I don't, that would be a problem. Respect for diversity in all aspects of life should be the goal...not conversion to one way.

Let the flames fly!!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-11-2010, 04:30 AM

If anyone has seen Californication(a showtime show), David Duchovny's character pretty much sums up my views of life and sexual relationships.

sex can mean whatever you want it to mean. The trick is, to express that and make decisions accordingly and openly in your life that's the problem.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
If anyone has seen Californication(a showtime show), David Duchovny's character pretty much sums up my views of life and sexual relationships.

sex can mean whatever you want it to mean. The trick is, to express that and make decisions accordingly and openly in your life that's the problem.
Best show Ever!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
There are definite logistic issues with 69ing
....this thread is cracking me up!! Not only is this a knowledgable group, but very funny also...... I like it!!

So.....what about the 69 when you are on your sides rather than one person on top of the other one?? In every case I have experienced of simultaneous orgasm in a 69 it was where we were on our sides. Now- I usually date guys that are about 5'8" and I'm 5'4" so that might be why it seems to work so well???
Old 06-11-2010, 07:22 AM

I'm in the "not crazy about 69" camp. The main reason being that both receiving and performing oral sex require a great deal of attention to fully enjoy. When I've 69ed, I find I either forget to perform, or else I forget to enjoy receiving. That's all in addition to the physical awkwardness of it.
—bisexualbaker
Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I'm in the "not crazy about 69" camp. The main reason being that both receiving and performing oral sex require a great deal of attention to fully enjoy. When I've 69ed, I find I either forget to perform, or else I forget to enjoy receiving. That's all in addition to the physical awkwardness of it.

This is another reason I don't care for it.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I know!!! But being really relaxed on your sides so that no one is having to be propped up on top of the other one makes is easier to enjoy. And the key is to get comfortable first. Like meditation. The whole purpose for Hatha Yoga (which most people don't realized) is to get the body ready to meditate. You can't meditate when your body is uncomfortalbe. So- get comfortable in the position first. Use pillows if neccessary. Each person should be so comfortable that they could potentially take a nap in that position. Now....Once each person is completely comfortable....then you start very slowly. And it does take concnetration, but we all know how to multi task.....remember, you are only doing two things. Giving pleasure and experiencing pleasure. Taking it slowly is important. There is no rush. There doesn't need to be a goal. The worst thing that can happen is that both people get so excited and then they move right into intercourse. The best thing that can happen is that they experience a simultaeous orgasm.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post
There doesn't need to be a goal. The worst thing that can happen is that both people get so excited and then they move right into intercourse. The best thing that can happen is that they experience a simultaeous orgasm.
I think this is important. Not just in 69 but with good sex in general. When you go in with a specific agenda you often lose the 'moment'. The natural flow and spontaneity.

The best spontaneous orgasm 69's I've experience weren't planned. But - at least for me - when I feel someone else approaching that point I tend to get pulled along with them easily if I allow it. But that's just my personality. I'm more of a 'pleaser' than a 'be pleased' person because I love the vibes from a person who is in a state of sensual bliss. And no doubt there's some ego component in there because I'm contributing to that state. But I tend to experience it in general even if I'm not a major contributor.

GS
Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM

I love horizontal 69's...If you time to(for lack of a better word) waste, it's the best thing ever. you can just post up, and eat out forever, lol My girl has issues with me eating her cookies though, so Q_Q.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the inspiration! Guess what I will be proposing for my date tonight.

Tags
casual sex, sex, sex-negative, sex-positive, sexual, sexuality