I’ve found my people! Hello!

runclickgirl

Hi there! I’m Meg, a 40-year-old single mama in Ohio! I’m new to the poly lifestyle, having dabbled in it last year a little but getting burned by my lover, so I took a break. I now am back to rediscovering it, hoping to enter a true poly relationship with stable folks. I was married for 13 years, suggested to my ex that I’d like an open marriage, and that was the turning point in our marriage, which ended 1.5 years ago. Since then, I’ve dated around but even if I’ve been dating someone semi-seriously, I just didn’t feel great about the idea of monogamy.

A little bit about me and my hobbies: I’m an adventurer at heart, love anything outdoors like kayaking, camping, climbing, target shooting.

I hope to get some great feedback from my kind of people!

Greetings Meg,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I encourage you to explore our various threads here, and post often, especially on Poly Relationships Corner and General Poly Discussions. We're a friendly bunch and you can definitely get some feedback. I am glad to get to know you, let us know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Meg.
That's so cool that you chose to follow your desires. I hope you find lots of poly friends as well as lovers. One thing I've found refreshing since "becoming poly" was the number of people who are like minded right in my own little corner of the world. It's been so cool making friends with people who I'm not necessarily romantic or sexual, but who totally get it.

Hi Meg - and welcome to the Forum! Your story is a great example of a point that is often made in discussions about married couples that discuss transitioning to polyamory - that no matter what the final decision is about opening up the marriage, the marriage is irrevocably changed as soon as one partner brings it up in serious discussion.

Please do feel free to share any thoughts and questions that you might have - as we have a number of experienced poly folks who are generally friendly and helpful. Best of luck on your journey! Al

Back