Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

Today's first exciting message!

hi beauty

And another compelling message--

Hello pretty Lady How are you? I like your nose

Honestly, no one could make this shit up. It's dumbfounding.

"I like your nose." LOL, what?

I haven't been on OKC for over a year. About the time I deleted my profile, one conversation with a woman I'd "met" on the site had moved to our respective anonymous, off-site email accounts.

She abruptly quit writing to me soon after; I shrugged and went on with my life.

Just the other day, she was clearing out her anonymous email account, preparing to shut it down, when she came across my last note to her . . . and on an impulse, hit "reply."

She apologized for falling off the face of the Earth - her life had, by her account, become terribly complicated right around then - and we have resumed our conversation.

We'll be meeting for coffee later this week.

Well cool. (But does she have a sexy nose? ;))

You are adorable i really enjoyed your profile we should hang out sometime or chat

Yeah, no. I wonder how many people did he cut and paste that to, before sending it to me?

Awww, don't be so cynical. :D

Slightly OT, but how long do you think is too long to stay on OKC?
When you've been on a site a while and you see the same person has been there forever, do you assume something is wrong with them?

No, I might assume they are poly! I've been on okc 6 1/2 years and my gf has been on dating sites her entire adult life.

No, I might assume they are poly!
Indeed. I have not been on OKC that long but it looks like the poly folks stay there. I have absolutely no plans to deactivate my account even though I am not actively dating right now.

There are also people who disable the website when they're not looking and re-enable it when they are... but they are people who just leave it there and don't think about it, thinking the inactivity itself will be enough. So the age of a profile doesn't mean they've been looking the whole time (and as people have said, the fact they were looking the whole time wouldn't be a bad thing anyways).

Yeah, when I had a steady bf (as well as my partner) for 2 1/2 years, I stopped going to okc, as I felt no need. But it was there for me again when that relationship ended. And I am now meeting new people who don't know I've been a member of okc for years, until I tell them.

65 year old from the UK

Hi my name is T. How are you?
You look an interesting sexy lady

Why not email me [email protected]

Oh, I will get right on that!

50 year old from 400 miles away:

Hello there two.two much on your profile... it like short story

I guess it helps to be able to read.

Slightly OT, but how long do you think is too long to stay on OKC?
When you've been on a site a while and you see the same person has been there forever, do you assume something is wrong with them?

As has been mentioned, when a person is poly, this concern doesn't really pertain because many poly people are always open to meeting new people. I once got a message from someone I briefly dated saying, "Still haven't found prince charming?" I thought, "......aaaaaaand that's just one reason I didn't have interest in you. Despite reading my profile, despite having known me a little bit, your mind still will not take in what my kind of poly is all about."

"I would like to meet up with you one day."

HAHA! Really?

I've had a couple of gems this past week:

"What are you confused about? Are you bi?" ("confused" is part of my username)

and

"Does your husband encourage you to frequent this site?"

As for how long is too long... I've only been on OKC for about a year, joined because of this thread as a matter of fact. And I was inactive on there for most of that time because of S2. But I've been on AdultFriendFinder for 8 1/2 years now; I met Hubby there, met S2 there, and have a few friends left there. (The other friends either are no longer on the site or turned into judgmental twits after Hubby and I opened the marriage.) And some of the people I know in the chat room I frequent on that site have been on there for well over a decade. On AFF, I pretty much stopped looking for anyone after I met Guy in spring 2013. I was emphatically NOT looking when S2 started messaging me, but his first message was unique enough to rate a response, and I'm VERY emphatically not looking now because why bother; I'm only on there to chat with people I know.

Only paying members can view full profiles. Nonpaying members can only see your screen name, age, location, and I think marital status but I can't remember for sure. (I'm not a paying member, but since men far outnumber women on there, they have a top-secret way for women and couples to get free "paid" memberships, so I have one of those.)

I'm not sure whether nonmembers can see anything at all other than something telling them to sign up for a membership.

Today I got a message that just said "Hi baby."

It was my own fault; I checked out the guy's profile because he had a picture of himself with Steven Tyler.

Back