Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

RP, there is no set side or order for my ladies. Wherever they are is where they are. I must say my wife will often make a point of nudging me toward the space between them, if I stray to one side to window shop! She realizes how important it is to my OSO to feel an equal part of this threesome. Just one of the many thoughtful things she does.

Ahhh, I wish my mine were so thoughtful. :mad: They take great pleasure in tormenting me and getting me wound up. As you can see on here, IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH! :D

This past weekend, we were moving our camper van, which has been sitting for a couple of years. I always drive us everywhere, so I was the driver. Mono bugged me the whole time about how I was doing and my husband was right in on the festivities... So mean!

I need to find some women with gentle souls to smooth my furrowed, tormented brow after a lashing of teasing from those two.

I only tease you because your husband forces me to. I have to listen. It's the role of a secondary, according to my poly manual. :rolleyes:

RP and Mono, you are soooo funnnyyyy! But I understand completely. I am tormented by my two ladies during similar activities. It is a very desirable torment though. I wouldn't have it any other way!

RP, I wish my ladies would offer up some comments/support for you, but so far they have been passive observers only. They are not bloggers, only offering the outside world an occasional email. I will pass along your interest.

Yes, I wouldn't have it any other way either :)

I'm sure your ladies pass on to you anything they might have to say. At least my husband does. It works.

This weekend, Redpepper, her husband and I went to a potluck/party hosted by one of her co-workers. This was very important to me as I often visit Redpepper at work and I know they are always wondering if things are really okay with her husband and me.

Anyone who sees us clearly knows we both love her and are, ourselves, very close. We don't just accept each other, we care for each other. I love them both and have a need for people to see that I am not hurting him. We have been bonding more and more and are settling into just being together and not feeling like it is a host/guest dynamic when we are at their house.

Her husband made breakfast this morning, after I spent the night. As he and Redpepper ate, I idly chatted, while tidying up the kitchen. Every one was normal, natural, and completely at ease.

People who know us are finally starting to see and accept that we are more a family unit than a couple and their welcomed addition.

Through having people witness our relationship in everyday situations, I feel all of us moving forward and gaining confidence through our own internal normalization. I think each of us pauses sometimes and realizes that this truly is real. We actually have to remind ourselves sometimes that this is not the societal norm because, to us, it simply is. When you reach that point, it is hard to figure out what the big deal is for other people. We end up looking back with more puzzlement than those looking at us.

Thanks again Lilo. Never forget how special you are and how you are the foundation of this incredible thing we are building. Our shared love is what holds us together, but it is your bravery in taking a chance with this mono cracker that has given me a gift I can never repay, regardless of what our future holds. You can bet I will try though… that is in my nature, just as much as loving you with everything I have is. I love you. :D

you are the foundation of this incredible thing we are building.

Ha! It is my foundation, but really, more and more, we are becoming a team and building a beautiful house!

I had a dream this week about a house I often dream of. It is very old and huge, with many wings and rooms, passage ways and courtyards. I am fearful sometimes, in my dream, but also have been happy and just content to exist in it.

This particular dream was different, in that parts of the house were getting too old and the wood was rotting. I was worried and didn't know what to do to hold it together. No amount of work would fix it up again. My husband, son and Mono were all with me, and there were others mingling in the background as I showed them what was going on. Mono found a door suddenly and said, "Hey! look at this!" He opened it and let me through. I stepped into a brand-new house with all three of them following. We immediately looked around. My boy ran from room to room playing. Within seconds, we were all settled, and had left the old house behind.

I am indeed the foundation, my love. But you have introduced us all to something totally new with your continued and endless love-strength. You are helping us build a new house together, as a team, one that was meant for all of us. That is all so right, love.

I love you more. :)

This particular dream was different in that parts of the house were getting too old and the wood was rotting. I was worried and didn't know what to do to hold it together, no amount of work would fix it up again. My husband, son and Mono were all with me and there were others mingling in the background as I showed them what was going on. Mono found a door suddenly and said, "hey! look at this!" He opened it and let me through, I stepped into a brand new house with all three of them following. We immediately looked around, my boy running from room to room playing. Within seconds we were all settled and had left the old house behind.

This is one awesome dream. Thanks for keeping us updated (although I'm sure this is for yourself, as well).

You guys (the three of you, and maybe even your son, RP) really should "journal" your journey for publication. It would be an inspiring story, with all of its ups and downs. I'd even be happy to offer my editing and proofing services! :D

Anyway, thanks again for giving us inspiration and hope, and silliness!

... and we end up looking back with more puzzlement than those looking at us.

That's a great line! It is puzzling indeed that people are so puzzled by us. Then again, it isn't. The social conditioning for monogamy is very intensive. And yet, how strange that they think we're SO strange!:confused:

Next month I am moving closer to Redpepper's home... but not too close. LOL!

Today, I took the day off work so their son and I could have a day together, as he has been asking for more time with me.

Tonight, Redpepper and her husband sat down with her parents to talk about me and about being polyamorous.

Now I sit and wait.

My fingers are crossed for you all!

Thanks, V. No word yet. We'll keep you posted. This is kind of the last big hurdle. My family has known for months, but live very far away.

I'm exhausted, emotional and decompressing. More to come, I'm sure. But for now, I need some time to think and get my footing again.

We might have to start a new thread dealing with Redpepper's parents' newfound awareness and our journey towards acceptance. A note of point though: I am extremely proud of her strength and humbled by the commitment to act with her husband, when it was deemed time for her parents to know. It was like watching a switch being turned on. They both have faith in their convictions and faith in me. I think they picked the right person to stand beside them on this journey... That's me, by the way. :)

Thanks for the update Mono. I hope it's not too traumatic for RP's parents. My wife has recently come out about our 3 to a few of my employees. They are quite taken aback by it, more than I had imagined they would be. I'm a bit disappointed in them for that. They've known us for 15 years. They look to my wife and me as family, so I guess that would be how some family members might respond. Hopefully, not yours.

I am not sure how soon she will inform our sons. I know she has plans to tell a few friends next week, while she's away on a fishing trip with them. I won't be there, as I won't get into small planes (just a chicken, I guess).

Continued good luck and happiness to you all.

Odd that I would be sharing success and happiness during such a troubling time for my chosen family. This is bringing us even closer together, bonding us and reinforcing that we are all the right people to face this challenge to traditional thinking and expected relationship dynamics.

I love Redpepper more than ever. I am completely committed to the wellbeing of her husband, son and her. I will do what I can to help her parents understand, as well. I truly believe they simply have to remember the time we have all shared during the last nine months. They know we are all happy and cared for. They simply have to open their hearts to what their eyes have already seen. :D

Back