Spamapalooza! (can we help?)

hyperskeptic

Wow, there seems to be an awful lot of spam on the forum today!

Is there anything in particular we rank-and-file participants can do to help? Does it help, for example, to report each and every instance of spam as it comes up, or does that just tangle things up for the mods?

Please advise.

I wondered that too! I reported a few before I thought that I might be making more work for the mods...

Thanks for the help! We actually get much more spam than is evident to you the members. Every now and then some get by the spam collector.

Holy freakin' moley, folks - if you typically get much more spam than we see on the boards, then you must be drowning in it lately. Thanks again for all you're doing to keep the place cleaned up.

We've seen an increase in spam making it to the boards, now that we are down to only two Moderators (I'm not counting Olivier, the owner, since he doesn't moderate). There must be a correlation - at least, it seems to be the most obvious factor, in my eyes. Is there any intention to enlist more Mods?

Last edited:
No. Keep reporting the spam. But try to keep it to one report per spammer. That cuts down on redundancy.

Back