Introductions are good...

Lotus

I'm new to the poly world. My husband has been poly since well before he met me. He has been patient and supportive with me while I have tried to figure myself out, deciding how I feel about all of this.
We are trying some new things, and I am doing my best to not let my anger/fear/jealousy get the better of me.
He thought that joining the forum would be a good way for me to get some insight into the lifestyle, and I think he may be right (which he does frequently, that's what I get for marrying a genius).

I'm sure I'll be here often :p.

~Lotus~

Hi Lotus,

Welcome! Where are you from?

I am also new to this site. My position in my own marriage sides more with your husband as my own husband fiercely disagrees with the notion of opening up our now-closed, sexless marriage. In truth, I don't think he'll ever accept my wishes. Opposite of you, I am unable to talk to my husband about it at all. I am learning a lot from this forum and hope you will too. I am happy to hear your husband is open with you - that means he wants to establish trust and keep it with you. Consider the alternative. For my own marriage, I learned today that both insurance companies dropped covering "family therapy" for marriage counseling. Pity during a time when the divorce rate is so high.

I suggest you explore this forum to meet new people. There are monos on this site too, and I'm sure they will help you. I'm going to Barnes and Noble today to pick up "The Ethical Slut" to learn more about what I'm going through. Like me, I'm sure this has caused a gap in your own marriage. I am sure you have many emotions that just need to get out, so please take advantage of this site and any advice they have to offer. And be thankful for your husband when he's being open with you - consider the alternative.

Good luck! You are not alone in your thoughts.

Thank you both for the welcome.

Erin:
You're right, I should be-and am!-very thankful for my husband. He has been sensitive to my feelings from the beginning.
He informed me when we started dating (in 2005) that he was poly-though the other relationships he was in at the time didn't last too long after we met. Since then has waited for me to become more comfortable with his lifestyle.

It took me five and a half years and a wedding, but I finally became receptive to his ideas.

Erin asked where I'm from, and I forgot to answer.

My husband and I live in Iowa, both of us born and raised (not entirely on my part, I was raised here, but born elsewhere). But, we will be moving in the not too distant future for his education.

Hi everyone, I'm Lotus's husband.

I just recently joined as well. My introduction post and some more about us can be found at this thread.

Thanks everyone for showing my wife all the support and making her feel welcome.

Back