Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-04-2018, 05:38 PM

I took my son home on Monday and also had a filling replaced at my dentist up in that area. Keeping my mouth wide open for an hour was challenging because I had had a headache for a couple days.

I haven't talked much about my gym activities lately. I joined a local gym (it's so close by, less than 5 minutes by car) in June, and I LOVE my swimming classes. The pool was closed for a couple weeks for cleaning in late summer and I slacked off on exercise a bit, but oh well. I'm back into it now.

Since it reopened, they've changed the schedule. I used to have water exercise classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and then have the option of going to the pool on my own on Saturday or Sunday. Now the evening exercise classes I need are on Monday and Friday, and I've figured out the pool isn't that busy on Wednesday nights. So I go there and do my own lap swim/exercise/stretch routine. I wish I had it in me to work out 4 or 5 times a week, but with my spine issues, it would be bad for me, I'm sure.

On Fridays, however, there is a different teacher each week, with a different sort of exercise each time. The 4th Friday (which was last week) was Aqua Zumba. That's been offered at the gym all along, but I've been avoiding it so far, thinking it might be too much for me with my chronic messed up neck/nerve pain. But I gave it a shot. And we did so much fast working out, and so much arm work, it indeed did mess up my neck, causing the usual intense zinging pain in my neck, migraines, etc. Dammit. It was a super fun class. If I do do it again this month I will have to work hard to remember to take it easier. The teacher duo was so cute and motivating though!

So I had a headache all weekend and into this week. I skipped class on Monday. I was home from the dentist too late anyway, since Monday's class is at 5. I also rested Tuesday. But I got my swim/workout (on my own) in last night. Still have some zinging neck pain, from last Friday, but it's getting less. I kept overdoing it on my arm work last night, and making myself reduce the effort! The exercise is so fun, and the endorphins kick in and make me feel fine when I'm actually in the water, so it's hard to remember to protect my neck.

But all in all, working out has been great for me, even if I am still in as much pain. My goal was to strengthen my core and my legs, and that is definitely happening, now that's it's been 3 months straight of working out 3x a week. Of course I am getting more toned all over. Last night when I got in bed and relaxed, I could FEEL my muscles are now tighter. I could feel them wrapped more firmly around my skeleton. Kinda weird! lol

Pixi is so nice and tells me how much fitter I look, and standing straighter, and seeming more energetic. So, despite still being in seemingly just as much pain as ever, there have been some benefits.

In poly news, BigGuy messaged me again yesterday, just asking about how all the rain (Tropical Storm Florence hit us, plus it's just been a super wet summer) has been affecting me. And we talked about dead trees in our yards threatening to crash down, and how the storm trashed my flowerbeds, and whatnot. Pleasant little friendly convo. Still no mention of getting together. So, fine by me if he wants to text and chat once in a while.

But I did find a guy on OKCupid 2 days ago, who is a high match, 98%. He is 42, a year older than Pixi. When I found him on DoubleTake, and "liked" him, I saw he'd already "liked" me. And I enjoyed his profile a lot, so i quick messaged him, saying I loved his list of favorite bands. Just to break the ice. He wrote back pretty quick, and I responded, and he responded, and I wrote back again this morning. He's very smart, and single, formerly married, no kids, and open to open relationships. Seems quite the sapiosexual, curious and pleasant and witty. He lives north of here, in a city I lived in right after my divorce, near my marital home, and my son and my dentist. About a 20 mile, 40 minute drive. We have a lot in common. So here we go again.

Another newbie to poly has also been messaging me for a week or so. He's right in the next town. He's 37, married, with a 2 year old. I don't like to date people new to poly, and he's probably too busy for me, what with a baby in the house. I am not attracted to him, but not repelled. I just felt a little compassionate towards him, since he's new to poly. It was his idea to open the relationship. His wife was a bit resistant at first, but she's now been on a couple dates. He, however, has not been on a date yet! So I thought I'd meet him just to talk about poly, and to let him be able to say he's had one date. lol

He works from home (unless he's traveling) so we are meeting for lunch next Tuesday. He's not the best conversationalist, it's no wonder he hasn't had a date yet. Maybe he'll be more interesting in person. It doesn't matter though, I just kind of want to advise him.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that last weekend when my son was here, we did indeed get Pixi's bf to help us get his used couch into our house. He and my son did all the lifting. We rented a pickup truck from U-Haul. It all went very smoothly. Bringing his couch here, getting out old one into the truck, getting his couch inside, taking the old couch to the dump.

It was nice to see Pixi's bf again, and to have him interacting with my son. And it's a relief to have a non-broken, attractive couch. It's a deep red with just a hint of rust. I like earth tones, and we have a couple "oriental" type rugs in the living room with some deep red in them, so it goes quite nicely. The previous couch was a boring tan color, so it's nice to have a couch making more of a statement. This color is especially nice now, since I have my fall toned Pyrex displayed right now. And the winter holidays reds will go nicely too. Maybe in spring and summer I will throw a fun vintage flower power sheet in blues, greens, yellows or pinks, over it for a change.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 10-09-2018, 11:40 AM

Well my neck had been feeling better, but on Friday evening my lower back got a sharp pain on the right side. It got so bad that evening and into Saturday, it felt like I'd herniated a disc again. I still blame that Zumba class!

Pixi went to her bf's on Friday... he also has been struggling with a very painful back! Poor Pixi, nursing both of us. She said his back looks like an S, all twisted. Poor guy. And he's so young, only 37. I guess he's been to the New England Spine Center at some point, and they told him that his spine was ok, but I dunno, it sure doesn't sound like it! So he spent all weekend in bed or on the couch. She came home Sunday evening, and also went back last night for a few hours to get him some groceries and cook. He is taking today off work too! There has been talk of a chiropractor... he said one comes into his work. If he can get to work!

So, that situation is ongoing. She said I must have a higher pain threshold than him, haha.

Meanwhile, amazingly, my back improved some by Sunday. So maybe I didn't herniate, or if I did, it's just a minor eruption. I was able to do some things around the house over the weekend. And I actually went to the pool last night at 5 for a class. I told my instructor about my issue and she kept checking in to make sure I was taking it easy enough. (The Monday teacher is my favorite, she is SO nice.) Of course, my usual endorphins kicked in, making me feel good, while in the water. And the hot tub and shower were good for me too. Not feeling great this morning, but I think I'm still improving.

Today I have a lunch date with that "new to open relationships" guy. I don't know how it's gonna go. He hadn't texted me since last Wednesday when we made our date. What the heck, does he think it's like making a dentist appointment? We had set day and place but not time. So I texted him yesterday, and he responded and we set a time. Today at 1.

As far as I'm concerned I'm just going out of mild curiosity. The guy really doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Also, he's Indian (has lived in the US 10 years). I could be wrong, but I suspect he had an arranged marriage, had the baby, and now maybe he and his wife are bored and he'd decided to get a "fancy lady" or "mistress" or whatever. I want to set him straight that that kind of thing doesn't fly with polyamorous people.

I've had several dates with Asians and while they are SO attractive, their cultural norms around dating are also so different from mine, even if they are second generation. And he's first generation. Oh well, we are getting Chinese food, so I am looking forward to a nice meal at least.

In better news, I've still been conversing with the sapiosexual interesting guy from my old city. I'm going to call him Harry. He wrote me a PM on OKC last night that was his longest yet. He is really seeming to have a lot in common with me. He did some cool things over the weekend he told me about, community theater stuff, he was stage crew. He's also aware of my recent back issues and asked how I was doing. I hope, if and hopefully, when we meet, he is as nice in person as he is in online chatting. Fingers crossed.

Before my back crapped out last Friday, I went to another taping of K's show. She actually did 2 shows back to back! She was on our State Senator's TV show, and then he was a guest on her show. Both shows addressing the ballot question #3 that she's been an activist to defeat. Vote Yes on 3 to keep the law protecting transgender people's public rights. We have a 2 year old law which was passed by a super majority in our state senate, and signed by our Republican governor in 2016. Now a right wing group is trying to get people to overturn the law. K is frantic to keep her rights, being as she lived a nightmare in Tennessee as a transgender woman for 50 years. She had felt safe having moved to our progressive state of Massachusetts, and now this has happened. Our senator is a super nice progressive guy and they did a couple great shows. I hope this issue is resolved the way we want. We are basically the most progressive state in the country but there are still right wingers who want transpeople back in the shadows again. Motherfuckers! They probably hate that we were the first state to approve same sex marriage (without taking that right away, as in California), so they are attacking the next minority!

K is interviewing a police person on Friday. I guess she wants to ask, if this law is overturned, how on earth can it be enforced? She has been refused service in a restaurant in Tennessee, and asked to leave a bar for using a women's rest room. Would that now be legal here? If she had that start to happen here, what would law enforcement do? I am going to go to that show, and I am asking Pixi to come too. She hasn't been to a taping yet, and it's so interesting. Plus the drive from here to the studio happens to go through some really pretty old wealthy New Englandy woodsy neighborhoods, and with the fall colors starting, it's just lovely.

Yesterday, BigGuy finally asked me if I want to get together again. He's been mentioning certain kink/playtime activities. I agreed to get together but said since it's been so long since we've gotten together (we took about a 6 week break after his wedding), I don't feel ready to just jump into playtime! I need to reconnect. He said fine, and suggested walking around Savers (the thrift store... he's interested in my Pyrex hobby). I said, sure, and lunch too. He said OK.

He said, not this coming weekend but the one after, he will be kid free and can get together. So I've got 10 days to wait, which is fine. If he really carves out a good chunk of time for me, we'll have time to get on the same page, BDSM wise, by negotiating. At least we'll have time to talk, even if we end up determining we are NOT on the same page.

I still have reservations about his need to be submissive, which meant (at least on our first attempt) lie back and just let me do stuff to him. Also we had the premature ejaculation issue and the anatomical mismatch... sigh. I'm still thinking he might be more friend than lover material.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Old 10-18-2018, 04:31 AM

So I still have the 3 suitors. And dates planned with all 3.

BigGuy. Our 3rd date is this coming Sunday (today is Wednesday) We are going to have burgers for lunch at a local pub here in my town. I always go to one pub (for burgers or fish and chips type stuff), so this time we are trying another one I've never been to. He has been texting me a lot, and we keep talking about Pyrex hunting/antiquing, he's so excited to learn. He likes to cook, so I guess he really likes learning about this bakeware! So after lunch, shopping at Savers. I have no idea if I'll have him back to my place afterward, and if I do, what if anything will happen sexually. Maybe I'll just make out and keep clothes on. Maybe talk more about kinks. We will see how it goes. I don't want to shame him for the awkward sex we had on the first sex date! It's a weird situation. I like the guy, and the sex could improve... what to do?

Harry! I had my first date with him last night (Tuesday night). I am really excited about him. I have delicious NRE. He has been texting me every day ever since he first messaged me on okc. I really really like a guy who will pleasantly chit chat on text. It gave me a head start on getting to know him before our first date. He took me to that same Asian restaurant I went to the previous week, we got sushi, a mai tai each, and split some sake. He paid.

He is so intelligent, and such a good listener and a good storyteller too. He's well read and well traveled, philosophical. I had waited to really delve into poly ethics until we were face to face. I didn't want to go into it too deeply in text before we met. So I feel reassured. He was married 15 years. (He's 42 now.) He has a good job. He does volunteer work too (with children), and his mother is in her mid 70s and needs some care from him and his brother, though she is living independently. All this speaks to maturity and kindness.

He had some experience with dating polyamorously before his marriage and knew some of the terms and practices.

He's no Adonis looks-wise, but he's cute. And I am sapiosexual, I'm attracted to his spirit, voice, how he was dressed, where he's traveled, his plans for the future, and things like that. And he does have an interest in kink. He got all blushy a couple times when we talked about sex and kink hehe

He and his wife are separated but still in their shared home for now. Divorce is in progress, then the house sale. They don't see much of each other because of their schedules. They have grown apart. That's all I know for now. They've been living as roommates for a few years already, it seems. They ran their course. No kids, so that makes things worlds easier.

Talking to him is just so easy, speaking of easy. Once in while you meet someone where it all just flows so naturally. He felt it too. He said he wants to see me again. He has a busy schedule the rest of the month but this morning texted me to set a definite date for Nov 7. And he said, that seems so far away! If he has another window before then he will let me know. November though, will be way more open for him.

We had a great kiss out in the dark parking lot. And snuggly hugs. He told me I was a good kisser. lol He was too. So this is pretty good. He texted me when he got home to thank me for the date. I love when a guy does that!

The 3rd suitor, let's call him Ravi. He and I had a rather formal first date, which I was preparing for in my last post. He's nice enough. I didn't get a sexy vibe. He was very respectful. He's so new to poly. I just kept things light. We talked about our lives some, and talked about poly ethics a lot.

He does like old movies and some vintage stuff, which I find odd because he doesn't seem artsy at all, to look at him. I bet he was very nervous about the date. He is in finance, I think. His parents live in India still, but are here for a long stay, with him, and with his sister, who lives in the area too. They'll be here til December, he told me, so he seemed to think he couldn't host me NOW, but maybe will be able to after they leave? I guess his wife is cool with that? Interesting.

Oh I also teased him about making a date with me, and then not texting me again, as if I were a dentist appointment. He apologized and said he's been having so many social engagements with friends and family. He promised to do better.

Out in the parking lot, it was daylight. And I wasn't feeling a big attraction. We hadn't flirted. So I gave him a hug. I could tell he was hoping for a kiss... and I kinda felt him think about making that happen, but I pulled away.

He seems quite trustworthy and open minded. He texted me the next day to tell me his wife was perfectly fine with our date. Since it was his first extra marital date, I was wondering if she'd really be ok. He also asked me out again, so he's getting this coming Tuesday midday again. I said, lunch? A walk? He said he doesn't care, as long as he gets to be with me.

To be honest, I'd be fine if he and BigGuy faded away, and I could just focus on Harry. But I don't know how to make that happen just yet, so I'll enjoy "friendship" with the other 2 guys until i see how things go. Maybe Ravi will be a horse dicked wild man in bed. Who knows.

I'm terrible lol

Old 10-19-2018, 05:51 PM

It's fun to have all the irons in the fire, isn't it? Harry sounds pretty awesome!
Charles, 26yrs, new boyfriend. (Aug 2018)
Jennifer, 43yrs, ex girlfriend but very close friend.
Mark/xH, my exhusband of ten years, finally divorced.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki82 View Post
It's fun to have all the irons in the fire, isn't it? Harry sounds pretty awesome!
Yeah kinda, but it's a bit overwhelming and confusing. I was thinking Ravi was next Tuesday but he was today! Good thing he texted me yesterday to finalize plans, and I hadn't made any others. Oy.

Also I texted with BigGuy an hour or so this morning about kinks and feelings and stuff. Proper sub and Dom behaviors and protocols and ideas. It felt friendly and creative.

AND Harry texted me this evening asked what I'd been up to and I told him about my other suitors. He said he has nothing but compersion. He asked about them. I mentioned their ethnicities (among other things) and he said, an Indian, a Fijian and an Irishman walk into Mags' life.... it sounds like a joke.

Ravi's wife sent me a gift through him. An Indian company herbal balm for my back. That was pretty sweet of her.

more later

Old 10-20-2018, 11:42 PM

So I met Ravi at a local park and we walked some, then sat down at a picnic table and talked. We did that for about 2 hours total, then he told me he had another hour, did I want to go get coffee? So, we went to my local Starbucks, where I'd never been. Yes, I've lived here 5 years and never went. I don't get coffee/pastries out much, and when I do, I get Dunkin Donuts like a normal Massachusan. But this seemed a bit more appropriate/romantic/sophisticated for a real date.

Oddly, a young local friend of mine works there, and he was behind the counter and made our chai lattes ("Tall" size Ravi paid). He got off shift just then and came and sat and talked a few minutes, and then his ex partner, now friend, who I am even closer with (young person from Pixi's camp who is an amazing painter) came in. So they also chatted a bit, I got hugs from both, they left. So Ravi got to meet 2 of my friends before he'd even been to my house. haha

We talked of many things on our date... I'm still not getting a romantic, flirty or sexual vibe from him! He said he was friends with his wife for a long time before they fell in love. Maybe this is how he goes about things? He was again being very specific about poly practices, and told me he'd read around at morethantwo.com with his wife. (A lot of "we did this, we thought that" stuff...)

Anyway, he said in the new year he'd be available once a week, on a weekday during the day. No time on the weekends, because of friends, family, and home maintenance.

We had some good general talks about politics and religion. He's intelligent, enthusiastic, but not funny. I don't think I've laughed more than a couple times on our 2 dates. He's probably not right for me. He's just too formal. My 2 friends he met, both have unique clothes and all kinds of piercings, I've got a trendy assymetrical haircut and dress kind of artistically, and he's just Mr Short Hair, preppy clothes. He said he used to go clubbing and dancing when he was younger. Which I guess shows more of his wild side. However, I've never been one to go to "clubs."

Is it weird or nice his wife made him bring me a jar of Indian balm for my back? I guess she's showing support. I've never had a gift from a meta before.

When we parted he said he wants to see me again. We'll see. We hugged, I gave him a friend type cheek peck. He didn't try to kiss me. So, it was all... pleasant? It was a gorgeous day so I was glad to be out in the sun and in the trees and whatnot.

Next topic. The chats I had with BigGuy about BDSM were encouraging. I think he's afraid of "hurting" people, despite liking pain himself. I told him I don't want a sub whose idea of subbing is just to lie there passive.

Ugh. Like a dead fish? Like a sex doll? Just lie there and be done to? Where's the fun in that?

I said, us subs are a dime a dozen. Everyone loves sub space. I love sub space. Apparently he does too. And ime, so many "Doms" I've played with have had serious psychological issues that lead them to need to be in control, and aren't always really kind respectful people. So it can actually be rather dangerous to get sexy or kinky with them.

He said, his Domme is teaching him to find his inner Top. (This gf/Domme of his, he met her a couple months before contacting me.) He also said he'd been suggesting his wife try bondage with him, her topping him. He also suggested a roleplay scenario we could do that could help bring out his inner Top. Then he said, he was just brainstorming, we didnt have to do it. But at least he shared a fantasy with me. That was fine.

So tomorrow, burgers and shopping. And we'll talk more and see if there is any hope for sexual chemistry or merging of interests.

Why am I beset with these 2 newbies? I am trying to be nice. Respectful. I hope I'm not just wasting my time.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM

I checked OK Cupid yesterday. Like last time I was there, it seems to think I am looking for "men looking for men," ie: gay or bi men, looking for men! WTH OKC! I'd tried to reset it and nothing changed.

But I'd gotten messages from 2 guys. Guys I must have "liked" recently before OKC decided I was a gay male.

One of the new guys seems very cool and interesting. 98% match. He'd written me last Tuesday, saying he'd been hovering around my profile for a while and decided it was about time to reach out and say hello.

I wrote back today and he then wrote back to me, telling me he's on a long weekend in Bermuda and wouldn't be on much for a few days, but he's interested in my art and my vinyl collection, how my life is, etc. He thinks we seem a good match. So, he broke the ice. In his first well crafted contact he said he's interested in art, nature, he's poly, has a nesting partner, he's sapiosexual, he's interested in politics, word play, 420 and all that Mags type stuff. He was well written and seemed self confident. One of his pix shows him playing a ukelele.

He's 58! OMG. But maybe that will be OK. I checked his Q&As and he seems to have a functional penis haha

I'll give him a whirl. Despite my already having 3 suitors... 2 of them are married with kids and newbies to kink and poly. And Harry is 20 miles away and seems kinda busy. I have good hopes but have only had one date with him so let's see what else is out there.

However, The other guy that wrote me seems as awkward as fuck!

He is only 87% match, has only answered 5 pages of questions. He wrote to me saying, would you date a younger man? Someone like me?

(He's 49. It's not like we are at THAT much of a different stage in life. He's middle aged. Sheesh.)

First, to show I'd read his profile, I said, I hope you're recovering from your injuries (since he'd mentioned a bad car accident, after having a been a triathlete). I also said, it says 2 places on my profile I'd date a guy from mid 30s to 70, I guess you didn't read my profile. He wrote back saying, he did, "but I wanted to ask again. Would you go on a date with me?"

I said, I'd prefer to chat first and see if we're compatible. I think that's what most people do. He said, "lovely, what is your preferred method to chat?" I said, here. I don't have kik and I don't have an alternative number for texting.

He said,

"Oh well, I don't know what that is. If that is your preference, so be it. Here... here's a song to break the ice."

And he links me to a Stones song on youtube. Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

So I told him, I'd just finished reading Keith Richards' autobiography. And I told him a thing or two I learned about Keith. He wrote back, "you want another one"

I said, another Stones song? No thanks, I've got Tidal and lots of records. Why don't you answer my questions, ie: have a conversation?

He goes, "because i could look it up. And I can guess. I just feel like listening to music. And no... I meant another song. Not a stones song. I wouldn't have sent another Stones song."

YIKES. I fear the accident damaged his brain. I'm done with that one!

Last edited by Magdlyn; Yesterday at 05:35 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM

It's almost time to get ready for my date with BigGuy, but I just wanted to say that I finally found the magic button to click on OK Cupid to indicate I'm looking for men interested in women. Whew!

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Some people just don't seem to get how to do written conversation. I just don't get it. They (usually) seem to be okay in person, but then they're suddenly hopeless inept when it comes to having any kind of a discussion with written words. The juxtaposition just confuses the hell out of me. Who has time to meet everyone just to see if they're okay in person, especially if you enjoy texting or whatnot in between face to face dates anyway?
Charles, 26yrs, new boyfriend. (Aug 2018)
Jennifer, 43yrs, ex girlfriend but very close friend.
Mark/xH, my exhusband of ten years, finally divorced.