dealing with breakups

amkronos

My wife was a hinge in a classic V, and they just broke up. To make things more interesting we are three weeks into a new triad that is going well enough with everything being considered. This is the first time my wife has had another "love" outside of our relationship, and I want to be sure to cover her needs.

What would you do for a friend going through a breakup? I would think the needs would be pretty much the same - additional support - understanding if she needs to talk about, willingness to deal with often irrational mood swings or crying :) , possibly insight on what happened, possibly the willingness to completely ignore it happened for a while! Just be there for her, and I'm sure she'll appreciate your support.

What would you do for a friend going through a breakup? I would think the needs would be pretty much the same - additional support - understanding if she needs to talk about, willingness to deal with often irrational mood swings or crying :) , possibly insight on what happened, possibly the willingness to completely ignore it happened for a while! Just be there for her, and I'm sure she'll appreciate your support.

Thanks figured on covering all the basics and being there for her. Guess I am wondering if there is any special considerations I should be aware of in a poly sense.

Back