Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

I binged my through The Boys too. I really enjoyed it. Great twists on the genre.

I have moved onto the Dark Crystal. There is an amazing voice cast.

1:20 p.m., Friday the 6th

Hmmm, I just glanced at the Wikipedia article (on the Dark Crystal) ... sounds promising and intriguing. Due to its use of muppets, in the Henson tradition, I might be able to talk BH into watching it. We don't have Netflix though, we'll need SB to bootleg the series. Wow, I see what you mean about the voice cast! includes Eddie Izzard, a particular favorite of mine.

Hmmm, I just glanced at the Wikipedia article (on the Dark Crystal) ... sounds promising and intriguing. Due to its use of muppets, in the Henson tradition, I might be able to talk BH into watching it. We don't have Netflix though, we'll need SB to bootleg the series. Wow, I see what you mean about the voice cast! includes Eddie Izzard, a particular favorite of mine.

Oh my god. A Dark Crystal prequel after all these years? With Eddie?? Holy crap. Thanks for the headsup! I read a bit of a spoiler and his character seems really entertaining. :) Can't wait to tell Pixi about this!

7:10 p.m., Saturday the 7th

Alas, BH didn't seem very excited about it. However, today when I pitched the series to SB, she was surprisingly enthused. Last night, BH and I watched the first three episodes of Fleabag. SB was at a dog competition, where she stayed overnight.

Age of Resistance hasn't been out very long, it premiered on August 30 (so, about a week ago).

I've just watched the first two eps of Dark Crystal. So good and true to the original. I hope BH joins in watching with you and SB.

8:55 a.m., Sunday the 8th

SB is planning on downloading TDC:AOR later today. Not sure when we will watch it. I'm thinking BH will want to finish watching all the Fleabag episodes first, but I could be wrong.

2:41 p.m., Monday the 9th

Sometime after SB gets off of work today, BH and I will go meet her roughly halfway at a restaurant, there is a really good Mediterranean place and I think that's where we're going. Hopefully we'll be going soon, I'm hungry. :)

A Fleabag episode only lasts about 26 minutes, so BH and I watched another one last night. As for TDC:AOR, it's possible the three of us might watch all of those episodes together.

I've just watched the first two eps of Dark Crystal. So good and true to the original. I hope BH joins in watching with you and SB.

Pixi and I watched the first 2 eps last night too! It was fantastic.

Sorry for the hijack, Kevin! :p

11:54 a.m., Tuesday the 10th

So far I've heard nothing but rave reviews for it. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, I hope BH and SB both love it as much as I will.

SB's been having a few struggles getting it bootlegged, she doesn't want to do it while she's using the computer for other things, so she's trying to have the computer do it at night. The night before last, the download was stopped in the middle of it, so SB had to try again last night. Hopefully with better luck, I don't know yet.

SB refuses to subscribe to Netflix. And I don't blame her ... it's like she says, we can't afford it.

2:43 p.m., Friday the 13th

... and a full moon today too, if I remember right. Good luck to all nurses and other healthcare workers who work a night shift tonight! :eek:

SB successfully download TDC:AOR on the night of Tuesday/Wednesday. She says she'll watch the first episode (with BH and me) and see if she's interested enough to watch the rest of it. She emphasized that she is not that big of a fan of the movie, at least not as big of a fan as I am. Don't know where BH stands on that matter. Hopefully he'll go for watching the series after we finish all the Fleabag episodes. (We're currently a couple of episodes into the second season, and reportedly there's only going to be two seasons.)

I don't post much, Kevin, but just wanted to say thank you for keeping us (healthcare workers) in your thoughts last night! It was rough but today is a new day, right?!

PS. I don't own or watch TV but all of this hype about TDC has me rethinking that decision 🤣

3:08 p.m., Saturday the 14th

Thanks for your post AlabamaJules, I appreciate your hard work for the community. Sounds like yesterday was crazy enough!

I won't be watching TDC for a little while yet, but when I do I'll report back here and let y'all know how well I like it.

11:00 a.m., Sunday the 15th

Today is a very ho-hum type of a day, BH will mostly watch football all day, SB will mostly do internet stuff. It is raining and relatively chilly out.

2:10 p.m., Monday the 16th

I can't tell if BH is getting burned out on Fleabag, he hasn't been in the mood for it the last couple of nights, more in the mood for movies. Last night he was talking about watching "It," but SB talked him out of that, saying it was a three-hour movie. So at that point I said, "Hey, why don't we watch the new Dark Crystal series?" and he was like, "We can't, it's on Netflix," and I was like, "Not a problem, SB bootlegged it for us!"

So, we (all three) watched Episode One. From what I could tell BH enjoyed it, he's always been a muppet/Jim Henson fan, we'll see if he wants to do Episode Two tonight. SB liked it okay, but thought it was a little long. I liked it, they were definitely true to the spirit of the original movie, and the series has a lot of potential. I did find it slightly overwhelming, there was so much to learn in one episode, so much new information. Which could actually be a good thing, we'll see as the episodes progress. I might have been too busy evaluating (judging) it to just sit back and enjoy it. The original movie certainly sets a very high standard, and one is thus skeptical about whether the series can maintain that standard.

The movie did not use CGI, as it was not available back then (1982, the same year that Tron came out). I wondered if the series would "preserve the purity" of using only models and muppets. Well, the series is using CGI and lots of it, which made me a little bit skeptical but I have to say, the way the CGI is drawn and blended makes it seem acceptable, even an integral part of the expanded way they are illustrating that world (Thra). My hope is that this extensive CGI usage won't then make the original movie seem dull in comparison ... and so far the series seems to be doing the movie due deference. Even while adding a lot to the original story.

I don't want to pass my final judgment yet, I want to watch the entire series and then decide. But for now what I think is, so far so good.

2:35 p.m., Tuesday the 17th

SB does want to watch Episode Two, but she did not want to watch it last night. So BH and I watched another Fleabag episode. Not a lot to tell you other than that. We had tacos for dinner last night. Outdoor temps have dropped in general, the next week (with the exception of a week from today) will be entirely in the (mid to upper) 60's.

Kevin,
I think we watch similar stuff :)

I am on episode 6 of the Dark Crystal with my kids. I am having to watch a lot of it from behind a cushion and they are laughing at me. No spoilers but keep going.

I got into Season 2 of Fleabg until 2 people, 1 male and 1 female and totally unconnected, said I that Fleabag reminds them a lot of me! I did confirm they did not mean the cleptomania or being English :D I had to stop watching because I can utterly see what they mean :D

I am currently working my way through :The Good Place" which is really very good. Short episodes so easy to watch.

2:13 p.m., Wednesday the 18th

So I just now read a bit (Wikipedia) about "The Good Place," and I like the sound of it. It's not another Netflix series is it? I'm hoping I won't have to ask SB to bootleg it ... :p

In any case I definitely want to watch it, I'll mention it to BH and SB (when there's an opening in the conversation, and when my memory works for me). Short episodes is a plus. :)

Eddie would normally have Barn Hunt practice on a Wednesday ... but not this time because the lady that runs the place has jury duty. Dinner yesterday was hot dogs (really good hot dogs) and (canned) baked beans. Nice! I'm definitely ready for dinner tonight.

Dinner last night was somewhat late (c. 7:30 p.m.) because BH and SB went to a town meeting (about the homeless problem in Yelm). So we did not watch anything.

The Good Place is on Netflix.
If I had my own account I'd share the code :)

It's an NBC show so maybe you can find it on their site. I think back episodes might be on hulu if you have that.

Leetah

I think you can only catch up on Netflix. Maybe NBC's streaming something? They're not on hulu though.

Definitely worth the watch.

Back